Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Hey, I'm one of the people behind Ask Mr. Robot. We've done a lot of research and see these questions a lot, so I wanted to jump in.

1. As Xenocastra pointed out - SimC will make it seem that haste is better or equal to mastery, but Mastery works better with multidotting. We also got the same results from SimC, and we also put mastery above haste since burning targets with AoE heavily favors Mastery.

2. Shauni points out that a lot of people provide stat weights that are generated off a BiS set of gear. At AskMrRobot, we wrote a program that interfaces with SimC: it runs through all sorts of gear levels with various stat weights until it converges on a stable set of weights. We then evaluate those weights to make sure they make sense. And in the case of Affliction locks, we decided Mastery is > Haste because of the point made above.

3. Regarding Mr. Robot devaluing hit. You actually gain DPS by valuing other stats higher with an Affliction lock. But, we know a LOT of people really want to be hit capped so we recently added in a hit cap preset. Just click on the drop down box in the action bar and choose "PVE Hit Cap Build."
    Here's a link to the default AMR stat weights for Nekrotic: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/4...5-a08eaac34046
    Here's a link to the HIT CAP build: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...9-410255f4dd74

Lastly, I recently posted some more info about how Ask Mr. Robot works, where we get our weights, etc. You can find that info here: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2012/10/h...ptimizer-work/

Might be ideal to switch out Windsong for Power Torrent for the time being since it doesn't proc on DoTs, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Might be ideal to switch out Windsong for Power Torrent for the time being since it doesn't proc on DoTs, no?
    Definitely. Using Windsong is about as efficient as not using no weapon enchant at all for affliction warlocks. Throughout a raid night with a total of 32 boss attempts/kills I had a total of 10 windsong procs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Randomly looking @meters 34k but dont hold me to that. Thats usually pugs

R3d

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocastra View Post
    make sure your trinkets are actually proccing.(ie. the alchemist stone is bugged atm).
    Are you sure this is bugged? I just tested it ingame and it procced for me.
    Can you elaborate how exactly its bugged?

People have asserted multiple times this thread and others that Mastery is better for multidotting. This isn't true. On first glance, as Mastery works on DoTs only, it might seem like that, but there's more to the story than just MG. When it comes down to it, more Haste gives you more chances to proc Shadow Trance, which is an important aspect of multidotting, not to mention Haste traditionally is better for multidotting. The value of Haste/Mastery for both single and multitarget are similar and both should be balanced. Here's my reforge chart for my gear, which is Hitcapped Orc, sitting at the 3043 Haste threshold, 467 ilvl, with 3 targets:

That haste spike at the end - 4198 Haste.
    Last edited by Rustjive; 2012-10-07 at 09:35 PM.

I'm doing 42k on a dummy as affliction >__>
    Heres my log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c...wv1/details/0/

For some reason my corruption damage is REALLY low and my malefic grasp is really high

Well I did two bosses last night and with a 460 ilevel I got about 67k on the first and 58k on Feng. I got a top 25 rank so I'm not complaining. I'm still getting used to the spec and min-maxing it the best I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    Well I did two bosses last night and with a 460 ilevel I got about 67k on the first and 58k on Feng. I got a top 25 rank so I'm not complaining. I'm still getting used to the spec and min-maxing it the best I can.
    You did that much with 460 ilv? logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Around 7%. I'm forced to use the engineering trinket with 1200 hit on it because I cannot get the trinket to drop from Gate of the Setting Sun.

To be honest even at 7% hit I didn't feel that it was a big loss when something missed. Fairly frequently a corruption or a UA would miss when applying dots with soulburn->soulswap and occasionally a haunt would miss. The damage I gained from stacking haste and mastery vastly out-weighed the delayed damage on those casts that missed.

If you want to go for hit-cap I'd say it's largely personal preference. People will always continue to say that you should always go for hit-cap as you may lose important damage at the wrong time, but in my opinion the higher average DPS massively outweighs the potential situations where your missed caused a kill to be a wipe. I'm of the opinion that if your haunt missing caused you to wipe you probably should've deserved to wipe to begin with.

I'd advise people to go at least down to 12% hit and further if they feel comfortable with the extra attention you have to put in your rotation when anything can miss at any time.
    Brusalk - I can't agree with you more. Currently, I'm sitting at 11.3% to hit and stacking mastery/haste reforing/gems/etc. I have experienced quite a large DPS increase from the time that I was at 15% hit with considerably less mastery. Mastery is enormous for us as affliction now, guys. It is better than haste. Speaking strictly single target.

Affliction no longer requires you to be hit cap. Is it good to have? You bet your ass it is. But on the Sha earlier this week I was at about 8% hit I had 4 misses on the entire fight (All dots, no haunts) and blew him up compared to to the rest of the DPS on our server.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Femto/simple
    Last edited by Femto1; 2012-10-08 at 06:12 PM.

It's a tricky one. I'm quite quick to react to missed dots so it works alright for me, but if I miss a haunt sometimes I don't know this and MG missing or a dot missing just as a proc drops off is VERY frustrating.

Then again, I'm at 11% and can't get any higher anyway (for some reason).

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    It's a tricky one. I'm quite quick to react to missed dots so it works alright for me, but if I miss a haunt sometimes I don't know this and MG missing or a dot missing just as a proc drops off is VERY frustrating.

Then again, I'm at 11% and can't get any higher anyway (for some reason).
    TOP LOCKS IN THE WORLD SEEM TO BE AROUND 12-14% HIT, I WILL ABIDE

however, on elegon i will stay hit capped bc of the orb waves. dont want to miss on those or it could actually cause a wipe...

Quote Originally Posted by the operator View Post

however, on elegon i will stay hit capped bc of the orb waves. dont want to miss on those or it could actually cause a wipe...
    That's probably the one fight I'd agree with being hit-capped for.

Deleted
    Like who ? Have you checked their expertise ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    nope, i just checked world of logs

assumption: they all didnt reforge after raid, and log out trying to trick us!!!!
    Last edited by the operator; 2012-10-08 at 08:29 PM.

Ranked 7th tonight on Feng with 66k dps and 471 ilvl.

Tapit - US-Illidan

I'm pulling 60kish in raid, but that was with 15% hit. Currently sitting at 8.3% hit.

I reforged Mastery > Haste > Hit > Crit and gemmed almost all mastery (yellow mastery gems > red yellow gems in yellow sockets, +80 int +160 mastery, +160 hit +160 mastery instead of all +160 int) and I'm simming about 6k higher than I was at 15% hit and with full int gems

Will have to see how it turns out in raid tonight.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...guish/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    brusalk - is there a certain haste "plateau" target (i've seen recommended 5%) to reach prior to hard mastery reforging

I don't think you should ever hard-reforge to mastery to answer your question.

When you look at stat scaling haste and mastery frequently switch priority so keeping them without about 500 stats of each other is what I'd suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/play...ction_Warlock/

I had around 12% spell hit for that fight. Same reforge as my armory, just different waist.

I'm probably gonna reforge for hit cap when we start our heroic progress tomorrow. Not 100% sure yet.