Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Driizy View Post
    LOL u can easily keep up 55k-60kdps on that boss f u are dong it correct as when he casts epicentre u cant hit him which is a loss in dps but if ur tanks are stunning him correctly u should be able to keep up around 60k easily
    And 55-60k is terribly weak compared to other classes. You are literally arguing that it's possible to do almost three quarters of another spec's dps. That ... just doesn't seem very fair?

In cata, balance druids weren't the top single target dps by any means, but they weren't this far behind, and their dots and shrooms did much more aoe damage relatively than they do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Driizy View Post
    LOL u can easily keep up 55k-60kdps on that boss f u are dong it correct as when he casts epicentre u cant hit him which is a loss in dps but if ur tanks are stunning him correctly u should be able to keep up around 60k easily
    If it's easy, someone needs to tell all the druids who aren't in the top 45 or so on 25 man normal that they suck.

For example, You did 53.1k effective DPS on Feng this week.
    Last edited by CaseyTheRetard; 2012-10-05 at 08:15 PM.

You forget that many "better" guilds are having private logs...I'm fine with out DPS as it is, always one of the best DPS (did heal Feng though...)... I don't know how it'll be with better gear, but Moonkins currently scale great with off stats. Every stat is somewhat good, so well...wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    You forget that many "better" guilds are having private logs...I'm fine with out DPS as it is, always one of the best DPS (did heal Feng though...)... I don't know how it'll be with better gear, but Moonkins currently scale great with off stats. Every stat is somewhat good, so well...wait and see...
    I think this is the main issue. Balance is going to scale better than a lot of the other classes that are currently topping meters. I'm not saying we'll be on par, but the difference in dps right now is more than it will be in a month. I'm not sure there's much Blizzard will do about it, because our dps was balanced around better gear and as this poster said, our off-stats are going to be a major boost. My gut feeling right now is that our dots may still need a buff and they may want to consider buffing Wrath a bit more. Starfire seems fine as as.

A lot of sad, confused people in this thread that don't have a clue what they're talking about.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Batix View Post
    A lot of sad, confused people in this thread that don't have a clue what they're talking about.
    I can understand that you might be happy with where you are and feel good about your dps, but instead of having such an attitude ( no offense ) why don't you offer some advice to the people that haven't currently figured out the best rotation for themselves? You aren't producing anything helpful or needed in the conversation if you're just going to put down people that come here for help or to express their feelings.

Stone guards is an easy fight to keep good DPS up because of multi-dotting, however I do feel that our dots are weaker than they were in Cataclysm. I'm hoping that having some T14 gear will resolve that issue. I also don't like our clunky AoE. I used your choice of Natures Vigil and Incarnation along with my troll Berserking and my burst has going through the roof, however I still have slight problems with fights involving movement to keep my single target up.

Deleted
    I see where most of you are coming from, but the idea of moonkins is not really to be top of the dps meters but it lies in our incredible raid utility. I have been playing boomkin since end of tbc, and the thing i love in the changes in mist is that we can throw a tanksaving instant heal on the tank. We can throw some rejuvs around in a heavy aoe damage phase, instant br, stampeding roar, and tranq which does incredible healing. Moonkins could do with a % buff on dots which would solve a lot, but in the meantime excell in utility for your raid, so you can clear content easier. Facilitate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Despite View Post
    We peak really nicely with all the cd;s. After we drop terrible if we even have to delay 1-2 casts because of movement. And in mv there is a lot of movement. So yes, i also feel we need a buff to our damage. Personally a x% to our dots would do the trick, also softens our immense drop when moving.
    Aye, the problem as I see it is more technical. We should/could have an increased dot time, but as our gear scales that'd devalue crit to an extent. Could just increase dot throughput/crit chance on dots, but that'd scale far too well. I suspect it's going to have to be a simple wrath/starfire/starfall buff to work with the design. Part of the problem is that we're 'too' good bursting; any sort of buff would really make moonkins mandatory in any sort of multitarget burst situation. Maybe reducing the CD of CA by 1/1.5 mins would work...

We're really not in that terrible a place though.

Quote Originally Posted by Despite View Post
    Moonkins could do with a % buff on dots which would solve a lot, but in the meantime excell in utility for your raid, so you can clear content easier. Facilitate
    Until a guild brings 5-6 owls on elegon hc to stack the dmg buff and everybody complains to the point they need to nerf them again :P Need less multidot fights for a dot buff to be fair :/
    Last edited by mmocd7449ed493; 2012-10-06 at 11:08 AM.

Lol I agree, I am checking this post once a day and the answers seem to either completely make sense or I feel like my IQ gets lower, as it stands my IQ is kinda low from reading some of this. Now I have been playing a boomy for about 6 years straight for raiding and TBH I have never felt this weak, not even in BC. I agree with one of these posts, the one where our DoTs need a buff. That would help but none of the level 90 talents are AMAZING for boomys, not like feral/resto. Feral you can go into caster form and do mad deeps. For boomys, we go kitty and we run outta energy before we can do anything or probably i'm just bad at kitty.

Natures vigil is good BUT the CD is terrible. 3 Minutes is too long, if we pop it, we would pop it with incarnation and CA and we could be almost on top of the meters. After those 3 CDs, even if we use them at different times which I don't recommend, we aren't anywhere close where we used to be in WoTLK and Cata. We still are good and every guild needs 1 of us and we shall see what happens when we get better gear. On simcraft it says we will still be lowest but we shall see.
    Last edited by Malarde; 2012-10-06 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekissexy View Post
    I can understand that you might be happy with where you are and feel good about your dps, but instead of having such an attitude ( no offense ) why don't you offer some advice to the people that haven't currently figured out the best rotation for themselves? You aren't producing anything helpful or needed in the conversation if you're just going to put down people that come here for help or to express their feelings.
    I'm sorry, but if you actually look at the thread earlier on, people here are just shooting down any facts other than their own. For example the people claiming it's impossible to do 50k on Feng. My purpose for saying that comment was mostly in response to the assholes who are denying that myself and Mudkiper are doing just fine at our dps. I'd be happy to help people if they weren't assholes. I was not saying sad and confused people to the people complaining about low dps, I was saying it to the assholes who don't know what they are talking about and refuse to believe that there are actually some moonkin out there who do know what they are doing.

---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 01:41 PM ----------

Thank you, Malarde, for agreeing. I can't help people who call me a liar.
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    My purpose for saying that comment was mostly in response to the assholes who are denying that myself and Mudkiper are doing just fine at our dps.
    Most of us aren't doubting your ability to dps (at least not me), its just that as a whole (compared to other classes) balance druids are on the weaker end of the dps scale.

Deleted
    I love how Mudkiper is in all these balance dps threads saying that our dps is fine and how he is top dps on all fight ect. Think he may be delusional. Boomkin dps is extremely low single target and average on multitarget fights, nothing Mudkiper says will change this (or his own logs for that matter).

HASTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, I have been convinced for a while that crit is better than haste but I have done some heavy research and haste is numero uno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I NEED MORE HASTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malarde View Post
    HASTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, I have been convinced for a while that crit is better than haste but I have done some heavy research and haste is numero uno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I NEED MORE HASTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you can reach the cap then yes it is stronger than crit. If you cant then no. At least thats what i have been reading, and my simcraft and rawr show.

Still weird that no one is really certain haha

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-j3...503#Crunkfresh

462 ilvl when we killed it idk i feel like i messed up a few times and i wasn't even fully enchanted...

several attempts i sustained 60k. the balance rotation is a lot easier now imo.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only problem i see with this thread.. at least the negative comments in this thread... is that every dps moonkin that isnt happy, isnt happy because they want to be pulling EQUAL TO if not MORE DAMAGE than all other dps. It is pure dps envy. I swear for reasons of PVE.... recount breaks this game.. You all work in the same raid to down the artificially intelligent ai... and then after the gear drops and the loot is won... somehow over coming the boss isnt a victory, but the crap amount of dps you can or cant pull is a big problem. Stop working against each other n start working together jesus

This was my held dps for Feng. Have you looked at any logs, like at all? Stone guards = more like 85-90k for me.
    I like how cocky you are with that Crit/Spirit gem in your helm.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    and Mudkiper, bless his soul for i dont know who he is, seems to be one of the few with a clue. and for him having a clue yes, apparently him (and his logs) are showing that moonkins CAN BE decent dps. And please, you guys who find something to complain about in every opportunity, notice the opportunity im talkin about. By far im no elitist, but i do know how to enjoy this game. Its as simple as playing your class and having a good time doing it

Mudkiper does it. He does it when he raids. he shows it in his logs. He's not saying its easy, he's just saying its possible. be optimistic for your class for the love of god, and just hold on for the long haul, or switch over to one of these other classes you guys envy so much

I love our current damage output tbh. And it will get even better seeing how well we scale with gear! Mastery, haste, crit...no off stats is really bad, one is just better than another!

I'm topping meters almost all of the time and Elegon is just a dream (and the only fight that matters nhc). Instead of crying how bad we are just get better, simple as that. It's possible to do it and if you can't, well, than it's your fault. It would only annoy me if I'd do everything perfectly and other specs would be above me by a huge margin, but that just isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    I'm topping meters almost all of the time and Elegon is just a dream (and the only fight that matters nhc). Instead of crying how bad we are just get better, simple as that. It's possible to do it and if you can't, well, than it's your fault. It would only annoy me if I'd do everything perfectly and other specs would be above me by a huge margin, but that just isn't the case.
    Its not a "huge" margin but it is a decent sized margin. A lot of classes have even simpler mechanics to hit those numbers which is what is troublesome. Including how Warlocks another dot oriented class isnt hurt by the "multi dot tax" at all and still excels in single target. If you take a single target fight like Feng and look at the #10 DPS of each spec (I choose #10 because it seems to be a more accurate depicition of what the class does overall, #1s tend to be more skewed/cheesed) Moonkin are last for every single spec that is remotely used other than Shadow priests. For example:
    Feral: 66888
    Frost DK: 64964
    BM: 65280
    Fire Mage: 64928
    Windwalker: 61699
    Ret: 61865
    Assass Rogue: 65958
    Elemental: 64695
    Affliction: 65172
    Fury Warr: 63464
    Moonkin: 60195

Is it vastly behind? No. Is it noticeably behind? Yes. Its multi target capabilities also arent unparalleled like it was in Cataclysm either.