Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Epic! personn5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US, Mississippi
    Posts
    1,742
    19/11/26/7
    No one finds me helpful or honorable still :\

  2. #42
    Stood in the Fire Xenlol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    399
    3/0/8/8

    :x

    Only played like since 2 days ago since the new patch came out though.

  3. #43
    I think i got like "19/8/29 - 18"...

    I got the ribbon for "Great Teammate", but i got a LOT of honor the day the system was announced, so yea.

    Sometimes it's annoying to have the Ribbon, because people, for some reason, expect you to play like a 2,5k elo player.
    so if you fail, it's like "inb4 Y U GREAT TEAMMATE? HAHAHAHA, YOU'LL HAVE IT REMOVED" or "Omfg, how can a noob like you get great teammate? pff".

    Really, REALLY, annoying when trying out new things.
    The biggest mistake one can make, is not admitting when you're wrong.

    Grimshac - Neptulon, 4th best guild on Alliance side, Resto Shaman !

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    I think i got like "19/8/29 - 18"...

    I got the ribbon for "Great Teammate", but i got a LOT of honor the day the system was announced, so yea.

    Sometimes it's annoying to have the Ribbon, because people, for some reason, expect you to play like a 2,5k elo player.
    so if you fail, it's like "inb4 Y U GREAT TEAMMATE? HAHAHAHA, YOU'LL HAVE IT REMOVED" or "Omfg, how can a noob like you get great teammate? pff".

    Really, REALLY, annoying when trying out new things.
    Really? That sucks, I had no idea people would do that.

    If I ever see someone with teamwork badge, I'll just assume they'll adapt and know how to do plays together with someone else.

    So far I have only seen one badge, and it was from the enemy team, but I forgot to see how many honorable opponent points he had so I don't know how many he got to get his badge.

  5. #45
    Up to 40 teamwork and nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post
    I think i got like "19/8/29 - 18"...

    I got the ribbon for "Great Teammate", but i got a LOT of honor the day the system was announced, so yea.

    Sometimes it's annoying to have the Ribbon, because people, for some reason, expect you to play like a 2,5k elo player.
    so if you fail, it's like "inb4 Y U GREAT TEAMMATE? HAHAHAHA, YOU'LL HAVE IT REMOVED" or "Omfg, how can a noob like you get great teammate? pff".

    Really, REALLY, annoying when trying out new things.
    The ignore function truly is a magnificent feature.

    I honestly don't care too much about honor, but I do hand it out to people whenever I had a good time playing with them. Only seems fair.

  7. #47
    Warchief sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Egypt
    Posts
    2,055
    I didn't change my attitude a bit, since they closed /all chat I stopped talking to enemy team, and I rarely insult anyone, only stand up to people making mistakes and blaming other team mates (usually I get insults when I'm forced to play AD carry, my worst role, I'll be the 6th member of enemy team)
    I may start chatting with enemy team now since it seems people behave better for honor mentions
    What is honor mentions rewards then? Just IP? Because I don't need that anymore now :3
    My score is 3/0/7/9, and I didn't talk to enemy team once (Maybe that's why I got honorable opponent?)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall

  8. #48
    Warchief Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,149
    I get a teamwork a game, and that's it.
    So I have a total of 4.
    I even put in the effort to not abuse my team when they do stupid stuff and feed the enemies.

    Gaaaaah.

    I say GLHF, GeeGee Well Played, etc. And get no honorable opponent. I can't ever see a losing side ever giving away honor.
    It would just be the nice winners doing it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 10:30 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    <Snip>

    No IP.
    You just get that little badge saying you have a good amount of one type of honor.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  9. #49
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,215
    Pretty hilarious how most dicks and douches are nicer now because of this system.

  10. #50
    When I was playing, I got honorable opponent for just playing good and being hard to defeat mid laner and later in teamfights being an evil "If u no focus me u lose" Malza. Those who won and those who lost honored me while at least half of my team was cursing me for their (not mine) own mistakes...well, lovely LoL community huh.

    Oh yeah, I remember one enemy's Lux taunting me: "you failed malza" when I had like 12/2/8 and we were losing 40:22 or smth and finally we've lost. One huge WTF in my head for that Lux's comment.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-10-11 at 12:55 AM.

  11. #51
    I don't see the point in it. I get honor for doing nothing special, and even times when I'm acting like a dick cus I've had a few bad games in a row.

    And people are like /all "hey guys lets give eachother honor, kkz?"

    Had an Ashe with a ribbon in my team and she was a complete cock to everyone.

    So for me at least, a ribbon means nothing. Personally, I never hand out honor to anyone, because it's complete bogus.
    Last edited by Proberly; 2012-10-11 at 02:13 AM.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Pretty hilarious how most dicks and douches are nicer now because of this system.
    That's the whole point of it
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Pretty hilarious how most dicks and douches are nicer now because of this system.
    That's a good thing, doesn't really matter if people are douches or not, as long as there isn't bad behaviour and you get to enjoy the game, that's what Riot is trying to achieve, and I must say, I think it's doing wonders.

  14. #54
    Currently I am at: 9, 15, 54, 30

    Just got my ribbon for Honorable Opponent as soon as I hit 30
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

  15. #55
    Herald of the Titans The Monado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Super Smash Bros. WiiU
    Posts
    2,546
    14/3/71/29
    Got my Honorable Opponent ribbon yesterday.
    ~ "I'll blow you away... Monado Cyclone!" ~

  16. #56
    Epic! personn5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US, Mississippi
    Posts
    1,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    So far I have only seen one badge, and it was from the enemy team, but I forgot to see how many honorable opponent points he had so I don't know how many he got to get his badge.
    My friend got his when he got 30 honorable.

  17. #57
    Herald of the Titans The Monado's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Super Smash Bros. WiiU
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    My friend got his when he got 30 honorable.
    I got mine at 26 honorable, so it's not set in stone
    ~ "I'll blow you away... Monado Cyclone!" ~

  18. #58
    Bloodsail Admiral bekilrwale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sarasota Fl.
    Posts
    1,148
    I hate it when I am the most courteous and kind person ever, but my opponents say "Not giving you honorable opponent since you beat me, umadbro?" I have gotten a varying version of that phrase 6+ times now from my opponents..
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    I hate it when I am the most courteous and kind person ever, but my opponents say "Not giving you honorable opponent since you beat me, umadbro?" I have gotten a varying version of that phrase 6+ times now from my opponents..
    Really? oO

    I never got such a "compliment" like that. Stupid people being stupid.

  20. #60
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,241
    Do you guys ever honor people you queue with? My friends do it to me, even though I tell them not too since I don't really feel like I earned any honor from people I queued with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •