Thread: Changes to ArP

Deleted

Changes to ArP

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2773766

The part I am interested in is:
    1. Flat Armor Penetration and % Armor Penetration values are generally being lowered, but now Flat Penetration is calculated AFTER % Penetration
    Please please please PLEASE tell me if this change is also planned to be applied to Spell Penetration? Anyone has any idea?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Yes, it will.
    That's lovely. Thank you very much.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    the way i understand it is that flat arp values are ment to be more desirable and more valuable than %based values?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    the way i understand it is that flat arp values are ment to be more desirable and more valuable than %based values?
    No, they will not lose any value with increasing % reduction.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    well the % based arp values are being calculated first now instead of second. so doesnt this make flat arp reductions more in line and valuable than just straight % based?

for example, if you got 50% arp reduction and a flat 20 arp value, and the target has 120 armor then youll effectively reduce his armor to 50. the new way theyre doing it, if we keep the same values, will reduce his armor to 40.

this seems like a buff to flat arp values like arp runes and stuff, but maybe im just lookin at it wrong, sorry for the confusion

edit : i just reread my intial post, im a moron. i didnt mean to imply that % based arp values are less desirable or worthless, just that flat arp values are kind of getting a buff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    well the % based arp values are being calculated first now instead of second. so doesnt this make flat arp reductions more in line and valuable than just straight % based?

for example, if you got 50% arp reduction and a flat 20 arp value, and the target has 120 armor then youll effectively reduce his armor to 50. the new way theyre doing it, if we keep the same values, will reduce his armor to 40.

this seems like a buff to flat arp values like arp runes and stuff, but maybe im just lookin at it wrong, sorry for the confusion

edit : i just reread my intial post, im a moron. i didnt mean to imply that % based arp values are less desirable or worthless, just that flat arp values are kind of getting a buff
    I think I was VERY unclear there. Right now every single point of flat penetration devaluates the % penetration's strength since flat is applied first and only after that % is applied to already reduced value. With 20 flat and 40% ArP on a 200 armour target flat is applied first and after that % is deducted from the leftover 180 - 72 is penetrated, 108 is left.

After the change the order will be reversed - first the % penetration will reduce the armour to 120, penetrating 80, and then flat will reduce it further to 100.

Flat penetration is not buffed per se, but the order change indirectly buffs it by removing the fact it was negatively affecting % penetration.

I think I was VERY unclear there. Right now every single point of flat penetration devaluates the % penetration's strength since flat is applied first and only after that % is applied to already reduced value. With 20 flat and 40% ArP on a 200 armour target flat is applied first and after that % is deducted from the leftover 180 - 72 is penetrated, 108 is left.

After the change the order will be reversed - first the % penetration will reduce the armour to 120, penetrating 80, and then flat will reduce it further to 100.

Flat penetration is not buffed per se, but the order change indirectly buffs it by removing the fact it was negatively affecting % penetration.
    No, it was altered, because Flat ARP was only useful to early kill lanes. It would entirely drop off by the end of the game, because percentage reductions took second place. Now, Flat ARP is actually useful throughout the game, so more champions will embrace it in their builds. While what you say is true, it's not stated as the reason to change it.

This will have two consequences;

1. Tanks will have a harder time, unless their items are improved.
    2. Tanks won't be indestructible, ever.
    3. ARP is now viable for all carries, so it brings more balance to lanes.

Love these changes!! Renekton SMASH!
    Last edited by Guyv3r; 2012-11-09 at 01:31 PM.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    No, it was altered, because Flat ARP was only useful to early kill lanes. It would entirely drop off by the end of the game, because percentage reductions took second place. Now, Flat ARP is actually useful throughout the game, so more champions will embrace it in their builds. While what you say is true, it's not stated as the reason to change it.

Well this should be good cause as far as I know tons of HP atm are OP in this game, see also the DFG nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Well this should be good cause as far as I know tons of HP atm are OP in this game, see also the DFG nerf.
    Only the ArmPen changes make HP Stacking an even better option. Before it was only viable on a few tanks. Now that armor and MR is less valuable since it can be reduced down further, HP becomes a nice option so you can tank more hits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post

Well, that's pretty much arguing semantics. Point is, flat penetration is going to be much more valuable than it is now.