Deleted

Boomkin Advice: Improving my fellow raider.

Hello.

I am raid leader of a 10 man guild, and we killed 2/6 Hof, 6/6 MSV normal.

Now, one of the things delaying our kills have been dps. - So I need advice on how to improve one of our dps, BESIDES gearing.

The reason I say that, is because I know he could have optimized his gear, and I know he could do more LFR, do LFG to get decent trinkets etc.

He just does not do that, so there is nothing to be done there. (Trying to get him to do it, its tough work).

I want advice in terms of his opener looking solid (What should it be, heard its rather complicated), and if hes dot uptime is decent, etc.

Here is his armory, as well as 2 different logs (1 "ok", 1 bad).

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Kanish/simple

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4354&e=4876

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12546&e=13025

If the advice is he should get more gear. I do however, think there is bigger problems than that.

Overall he is a solid player, which Ive known for a while - That is the reason for me coming here.

I know hes solid, yet hes underperforming, and I cannot grasp why. Gear, skill/rotation?

Thanks for your time.

Deleted
    I was trying to scour through our boomkins world of logs on elegon and so on, but he's been tanking for a while now.
    instead of looking blindly on his dps and try to figure out what is wrong, compare with another boomkin on the same fight. dot uptime? what talents perhaps? whats his most damage done by what spell and so on. it can also be like under a certain time, how many spells has your boomkin casted and that other druid you are looking at? maybe your boomkin cast 30 wraths and 20 starfire, and the other one did 50 wrath and 35 starfires?

I looked at your druids gear, sure he can make a bit of more, but pulling out 35k is a little low, even for that.
    I would love to link you a worldoflog of our druid but I cannot put links up yet =p
    he is pulling out 150k burst damage on that boss, but then dropping ofc. But his dots are higher then your druids, And what I can analyze is that your druid lets his dots fall off. he is also casting 10 less starsurges on that boss. thats quite a bit aswell!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Narulu View Post
    I was trying to scour through our boomkins world of logs on elegon and so on, but he's been tanking for a while now.
    instead of looking blindly on his dps and try to figure out what is wrong, compare with another boomkin on the same fight. dot uptime? what talents perhaps? whats his most damage done by what spell and so on. it can also be like under a certain time, how many spells has your boomkin casted and that other druid you are looking at? maybe your boomkin cast 30 wraths and 20 starfire, and the other one did 50 wrath and 35 starfires?

I looked at your druids gear, sure he can make a bit of more, but pulling out 35k is a little low, even for that.
    I would love to link you a worldoflog of our druid but I cannot put links up yet =p
    he is pulling out 150k burst damage on that boss, but then dropping ofc. But his dots are higher then your druids, And what I can analyze is that your druid lets his dots fall off. he is also casting 10 less starsurges on that boss. thats quite a bit aswell!
    I did try to go through it, but I am no master on Boomkin - Thats why I am coming here for advice.

I even tryed to look up the rotation, opener and so forth - And yes Boomkins seems to burst about equal to Elemental Shamans, yet ours does not.

Hes dot uptime seems abit off, but nothing huge, and his dps is just. Low. I dunno what to do!

well the gear your moonkin is logged out is 466. the heart of fear instance is balanced to 496. thats a differnece of 30 ilvl. Most people killing bosses in this instance are at 480+ now. Too, he seems to be a main healer. U cant expect a healer, who invests in healing gear over dps gear, has other statweights in sockets and so on, to do competitive dps. Actually, his dps on elegon is pretty awsome for what he is wearing.

Thats why he is "underperforming". If u want him to be a better owl, he needs to be main owl spec + main gear for owl.

Beat him to do random hcs to get gear, beat him to farm craftables which cost shit now offhand / reps at golden lotus / klaxxie, for the rewards. Beat him to aquire the darkmoontrinket. Those steps will yield about 10-15 ilvl and will give him 20 k or even more dps. Our owl, who isnt the best player, has ilvl 479 and in some fights does more than double the dmg than your owl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    well the gear your moonkin is logged out is 466. the heart of fear instance is balanced to 496. thats a differnece of 30 ilvl. Most people killing bosses in this instance are at 480+ now. Too, he seems to be a main healer. U cant expect a healer, who invests in healing gear over dps gear, has other statweights in sockets and so on, to do competitive dps. Actually, his dps on elegon is pretty awsome for what he is wearing.

Thats why he is "underperforming". If u want him to be a better owl, he needs to be main owl spec + main gear for owl.

Beat him to do random hcs to get gear, beat him to farm craftables which cost shit now offhand / reps at golden lotus / klaxxie, for the rewards. Beat him to aquire the darkmoontrinket. Those steps will yield about 10-15 ilvl and will give him 20 k or even more dps. Our owl, who isnt the best player, has ilvl 479 and in some fights does more than double the dmg than your owl
    He is MS boom. Hes just damm lazy getting trinkets

Could use some guild funds giving him some items yeah.

Also, HoF is based on ilvl 489 if ANYTHING, not 496 - (Items that drops is 496, MSV ilvl is 489).

Anyone mind telling him how to "open as boomkin", so I can tell him that - I think hes biggest problem is hes not bursting enough in opener.

Read Sunfyre's Moonkin guide.
    The optimum single target DPS rotation is as follows, Starsurge on cooldown.

Start fight one cast pre-Lunar.
    Starfall
    Wrath once
    Incarnation
    Nature's Vigil (if you have it)
    Sunfire, Moonfire
    Starfall (when first Starfall duration ends)
    Starfire until 0 energy
    Celestial Alignment
    Starfall (when second Starfall duration ends)
    Moonfire (Sunfire will automatically be applied)
    Starfire (utilize shooting stars procs)
    Refresh Moonfire immediately before Celestial Alignment expires
    Starfire to Solar Eclipse
    Moonfire, Sunfire
    Wrath until Lunar Eclipse.
    Rinse and repeat (from the 'Starfall' below Celestial Alignment)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    Awesome. Il be sure to link him that.

(The guide+opener).

Deleted
    It seems that he doesnt care about reading up on things. His hit rating is through the roof, he can easily gain some better stats with reforging. Also he doesnt go for the haste cap, he should be able to get there and he should. Also dot uptime could be higher, 83ish procent is just too low.

So keeping higher uptime, plus reforging to get rid of all the excess hit and reach the haste cap. Preferably you obligate him to read up on class guides, then most of this he would know.

Deleted
    He would definitely improve his dps by reading up on openers, reforging/gemming/enchanting better, etc...
    On the other hand, you can't really expect a boomkin to compete on those first two fights in HoF with most classes. Pure single target fights with lots of moving around? Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by ichime View Post
    He would definitely improve his dps by reading up on openers, reforging/gemming/enchanting better, etc...
    On the other hand, you can't really expect a boomkin to compete on those first two fights in HoF with most classes. Pure single target fights with lots of moving around? Not good.
    It is actually not as bad as you think. I was top dps on our Imperial kill last night and I am a Boomkin. Everyone else is also moving around too and not able to dps. I can dot spam while moving for Attune and casting SS procs. I am able to dps when others are not.

To the OP, he really needs to be a student of his class. The more research and stuff the better. All the other before me have posted some great links and such but if he cannot dedicate some time to proper gearing/reforging/improving dps then maybe he needs to be benched until he gets on board so to speak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    It is actually not as bad as you think. I was top dps on our Imperial kill last night and I am a Boomkin. Everyone else is also moving around too and not able to dps. I can dot spam while moving for Attune and casting SS procs. I am able to dps when others are not.
    Oh I know we can do some dps during Attenuation, or while moving to the noise cancelling things, but it's nothing compared to what most ranged, and all melees can do. I'm not saying it's impossible to do decent dps on this fight, just that single target + lots of movement really doesn't play to our strengths, and most classes/specs have better tools to deal with those.
    On the other hand we bring good utility like tranq or HotW healing for a Force and verve where your raid got no healing cd available. And obviously stampeding roar for the platform changes.

15% Spell Hit (Hit | Spirit) > Haste (5273) > Crit > Mastery

Red Socket: Int/Haste or Int/Crit
    Yellow Socket: Int/Haste or Crit
    Blue Socket: Int/Spirit or Crit/Spirit

The Boomkin DPS opener is very important. Sunfyre's guide on this forum is good. Check it out. Below is the opener from his guide with some minor changes I felt were needed.

Start fight one cast pre-Lunar.
    Potion of the Jade Serpent (before pull)
    Starfall
    Wrath
    Incarnation + Nature's Vigil + trinkets macro
    Moonfire + Sunfire
    Starfall (when previous ends)
    Starfire until 0 energy
    Celestial Alignment
    Starfall (when previous ends)
    Moonfire (also applies Sunfire)
    Starfire (utilize Shooting Stars procs)
    Refresh Moonfire immediately before Celestial Alignment ends
    Starfire until Solar Eclipse
    Sunfire + Moonfire
    Wrath until Lunar Eclipse
    Rinse and repeat (from the 'Starfall' below Celestial Alignment)

Part of being an exceptional DPS relies on how fast you can adapt and take advantage of different mechanics. Boomkin's aren't great this patch compared to other classes and specs, but I find myself at the top because of this reason.

Master your class. Research and prepare. Adapt and excel.

Also, don't use Mr. Robot. It's not very good. Check out Sunfyre's guide on these forums and Elitist Jerks.

Below I have provided my DPS log from Elegon. I ranked 10th at the time so if he wants to compare his log to someone who is doing things correctly, it should be a good example.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x...=10067&e=10542
    Last edited by Babytaco; 2012-11-05 at 09:36 PM.