Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shadow Priest - Raid DPS

Do take in to consideration that my gear is NOT the best(missing some chants and gems, due to waiting for proper gear upgrades to not waste any gold), and my rotation may be slightly off. Havent had much practise as a shadow-priest, yet.

But doing instances on heroic mode seemd to be going quite well. Pulling pretty good numbers and it had a fluid feel to it, smoode sailing of sorts.

But yesterday we tried the new raid instance. And i found myself falling behind on dps. Rock bottom you might say.
    Still pulling the same numbers i did in heroic dungeons, but all other classes seemd to out-dps me without problems and by a very high difference.
    (Some of the players/classes in the raid had higher ilevel then i did.)

Is any other shadowpriest currently falling behind on dps? Is it a general problem with the class?

Or is it just me failing hardcore and sucking to much STAFF - Ergo, me needing to improve my game-play as a Spriest (?)

Logs from last raid: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-y5vi371y221qotil/
    Armory link: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/Kyrkjelyd/advanced

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 08:39 AM ----------

Cant post the linkes correctly, mmo-champ dont let me post any links, yet.

So just add the "www" infront of the worldoflogs.

Edit: Please dont mind that i havent transmog'ed anything yet and i look ridiculous. Transmog is for mainstreamers !
    Last edited by Kyrkjelyd; 2012-10-04 at 11:46 AM.

We cleared the raid yesterday. My gear might be above average for the moment, yet it went perfectly fine for me. I topped almost all fights, or at least top 3. Shadow requires an aoe buff and a tiny single target buff, but apart from that it's fine.

I can see that your gear level is just a "tiny" bit higher then mine is atm.
    Im thinking most of the problem(apart from me probly sucking at shadowpriest) is that i lack gear atm to out-preform people with higher gear standard.

Deleted
    Did four bosses yesterday. Our damage seems shit on single target to be honest. On multi-DoT encounters we are good, not overpowered or anything but good. The mutli-DoT might be stronger than what I saw because I hadn't really seen the bosses before we did them and not read about them. With a more practice and understanding of boss mechanics I think our multi-DoT might be strong, not sure yet though.

Deleted
    Lies ! SP at multi is soooooooo sht... single we are middle no more no less 41-45k dps with my gear at 2nd boss is max, only if bosses have add, when we can have benefits from FLCM and DI w are abit better at single, but still lock or mage are 10k dps ahead of us

I have been 2200 + on my spriest/ cleared all heroics that happened since wraith in before at least 15% nerfs. And honestly I have to say my dps right now feels awful. My burst is literally non existant, I see our lock/ret/hunter bursting into the 100k + and i sit at 70k-80k depending on if i have 3 orbs. My sustained is mediocre I honestly think the only reason i dont come in dead last is cause I am a bit more skilled than the boomy/hunter below me. Multi dotting is a joke and i still dont pull the aoe that other classes do spamming 1-2 buttons. We are currently 5/6 and i regret every minute of being a spriest at the moment besides the fact that I can off heal like a boss. I feel my ramp up is longer than ever even back when we had to swp then flay to get an orb i still didnt get left in the dust like I do know on intial pulls. Execute range does fix things a bit but still being behind everyone till the very end and managing to barely catch up isnt fun. They need to tweak our single dps to at least that of mage/locks and our aoe is just pathetic.

Shadow priest is shit!!! Im really sick of it. I could see the amazing new talents and spell of other classes and i fall very depressed. We have just halo that is a really bad aoe and void shift thai i repute useless per a shadow priest... In single target we are underpover. We are a real hybid class... Weak dps, weak healing, weak pvp. I was the top dps in my guild in cataclysm and wrath. Now im down dk tanks..... Thank u for balacing game bluzzard... U know what is balance.... Right????

Quote Originally Posted by Trevis79 View Post
    Shadow priest is shit!!! Im really sick of it. I could see the amazing new talents and spell of other classes and i fall very depressed. We have just halo that is a really bad aoe and void shift thai i repute useless per a shadow priest... In single target we are underpover. We are a real hybid class... Weak dps, weak healing, weak pvp. I was the top dps in my guild in cataclysm and wrath. Now im down dk tanks..... Thank u for balacing game bluzzard... U know what is balance.... Right????
    I do appreciate all the replies and comments in this post.
    But PLEASE do not turn this into a whiny/rage-post about game-balance.
    If there is a problem acknowledge it and give some feedback.

But nobody cares for lots and lots of exclamation point and capslock writing. Take that so a dedicated bitch/whine-post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevis79 View Post
    so ur not used to it that ur a bit behind now then ? its like a child that doesn't have his cookies.
    apart from that.. its fine imo... not bad... not best.

I've been a shadow priest for a very very long time...I can honestly say that for the first time in seven years I am considering playing a different class. I am so very tired of the roller coaster dps we have been on for the last couple years. It seems that blizzard is clueless as how to fix us.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

From what i have read on different threads/posts including this one, im starting to regret that i rolled priest at all in MoP.

But blizzard generally fixes the things that are broken about this game. They have pretty good developers who will come up with some sort of solution to all of this.
    But atm things are looking grim for Shadows.

I don't have too much trouble keeping up with the rest of our DPS. It's the start of the expansion and Shadow Priests are one of those classes that are fairly gear dependent. I do agree that our AoE is weaker then most, but our single target is on par. Right now it's not the best, but it's not the worst. Getting use to the new talents such as DI, FDCL, MB, and ToF is going to take a little bit of time in terms of determining which spec is best per fight. Once you found your flavor, I'm sure you'll find it a bit easier to keep up. Also Halo, is a very important DPS spell in our spell priority now. Executing Halo properly can make a very good impact on your overall DPS.

Although right now, the only comparison I have are the meters and logs that comes out of my guild's raids. Until more data is out on WoL, we can't say for sure which classes are generally performing the weakest in raids. Or where and in what situations they are weak/strong. So until then, I suggest people take the time to do a bit more research, testing, and practice before making assumptions that Shadow Priests are a total crap to play.

Deleted
    I'm not a tiptop player and havent tried the raids but in the heroics single target can be any where between 45-69k dps the 69k was when I cheated and used food and flask buffs. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ooned/advanced

also if any 1 can give me some tips on the gear I should aim for enchants and gemming would be very helpfull

Quote Originally Posted by dannypoos View Post

also if any 1 can give me some tips on the gear I should aim for enchants and gemming would be very helpfull

I still cant post links in the forum. Blarg.

Its written wierd but: w w w . h o w t o p r i e s t . c o m

On this website you will find _everything_ that you can possibly ask for in terms of gearing ect.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 12:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chashu View Post
    I don't have too much trouble keeping up with the rest of our DPS. It's the start of the expansion and Shadow Priests are one of those classes that are fairly gear dependent. I do agree that our AoE is weaker then most, but our single target is on par. Right now it's not the best, but it's not the worst. Getting use to the new talents such as DI, FDCL, MB, and ToF is going to take a little bit of time in terms of determining which spec is best per fight. Once you found your flavor, I'm sure you'll find it a bit easier to keep up. Also Halo, is a very important DPS spell in our spell priority now. Executing Halo properly can make a very good impact on your overall DPS.

Although right now, the only comparison I have are the meters and logs that comes out of my guild's raids. Until more data is out on WoL, we can't say for sure which classes are generally performing the weakest in raids. Or where and in what situations they are weak/strong. So until then, I suggest people take the time to do a bit more research, testing, and practice before making assumptions that Shadow Priests are a total crap to play.

These are the kind of replies i want ! Lots of information and feedback. Thanks for the reply mate.
    But all tho Halo is a big part of our "rotation" it really requires alot of practise or an addon to manage properly. And the fact that the range on it is slightly bugged atm has a big impact on peoples capability to manage the spell properly.

Deleted
    Yes our aoe is weak but single is ok. Managed to pull around 50K yesterday on Feng the Accursed. I was helping the healers with heal (POM, Halo and dispersion to reduce the damage in take whenever possible).

I only have blue gear from the 5 man heroic so nothing special. Yes mages and locks are fairly strong but hey -maybe that's the Blizz's intention to keep the pure dps classed at the top?

What I really want Blizz to look at is Windsong (still bugged for range but it seems to work for melee and for healers). AOE - MS hits like a wet noodle. And Tanks dps - last time I checked the dps should be above the tanks on every single fight.

Tiny single dmg boost would be great since our Haste cap is sky high..

Quote Originally Posted by eral9302 View Post
    try diffrent gear
    Oh my gad! Thanks for this, will try this at once.
    Mind blown.

Are you trying to maintain SW:P & WT on each of the True Form Stone Guards? If that is the case there are many wholes in the uptime of your DoTs in relation to the "status" (for lack of a better word atm) of each Stone Guard Guard. You can graphically see this in WoL be checking, lets say the kill attempt / Cobalt Guardian / Buffs Gained Tab. You'll note your DoTs look very stutter-stop and near the end you were not refreshing SW:P at all on Cobalt. It can be difficult to track DoTs on multiple target without addons so that could be something to look into (if not already).

I would also say its early on and for this first fight at least if the tanks are really juggling the bosses it can make your job more difficult in terms of tracking things. Anyway, take a peak at the details of WoL in this fashion. It can be very helpful. I can't say much more as I usually heal, but look forward to playing shadow for some 2-heal fights.

EDIT: Higly suggest FDLC and not Mindbender, especially with multiple targets with VT ticking.
    Last edited by Whiskeydave; 2012-10-04 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrkjelyd View Post

These are the kind of replies i want ! Lots of information and feedback. Thanks for the reply mate.
    But all tho Halo is a big part of our "rotation" it really requires alot of practise or an addon to manage properly. And the fact that the range on it is slightly bugged atm has a big impact on peoples capability to manage the spell properly.
    No problem! I haven't found much on this range bug. But there are addons that help with Halo usage. Which in my opinion is just as important as a dot tracking addon. It's also good for healing priests that uses Halo as well, to maximize your heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Chashu View Post
    No problem! I haven't found much on this range bug. But there are addons that help with Halo usage. Which in my opinion is just as important as a dot tracking addon. It's also good for healing priests that uses Halo as well, to maximize your heals.
    Chashu what addon do you use for Halo? By the way gratz on 5/6. Mind if I pm a question to you about Gara'jal?