Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    I expected em to be less op after months of raids on beta where they always dominated every single fight, yes.
    So not balanced but not so unbalanced either.
    Then you seriously overestimated Blizzard...
    I mean come on, unless a glitch greatly benefits players it takes forever to get fixed, and if it greatly hinders then its liable to never get fixed(Think falling between platforms on Madness)
    Why would scaling the new fotm class be any different

Deleted
    Did our first 10 man raid yesterday, killed 4/6.
    We used holy paladin (me), resto shaman and holy priest. I topped pretty much every encounter (dunno about 3rd boss with his realms), shaman was about the same as me, sometimes a bit lower. Wont talk about the priest - his MS is shadow, he didnt even have proper healing gear (did 1/2 of my healing).

Me and shaman have almost same gear, id say same skill so for us shaman = paladin.

Unfortunatelly I dont have the logs

Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    I expected em to be less op after months of raids on beta where they always dominated every single fight, yes.
    So not balanced but not so unbalanced either.
    Monks are not over-powered, but we're certainly powerful. We have a lot of healing and over-healing because we need to keep burning off our Chi, in order to even regenerate mana. This means we're constantly spending mana & Chi to regain our Mana. Don't be shocked then to see us at the top of the meters, because we're also always going to be on the top of the over-healing done.

Another thing I want to point out here, is that we're not Damage Dealers. While we need to assess our Healing Done / Over-healing Done we don't want to treat this like being at the top of the meters is the most important factor. What is important is that the healers work together to make the most of their mana, and that the boss is killed.

If you've got a monk at the top of the healing meters, don't be shocked! We have to be there to even be competitive in the first place. If we were healing purely on the basis of not burning Chi for our Mana Tea mechanic, then we would certainly be at the bottom of the healing meters.

Edit: Just checking my armoury, something seems wrong. My progress is not showing up, nor my latest gear & enchants. For the record then, I have 4 / 6 Normal Mode, and I heal with a Druid Healer & Holy Paladin (When three healers needed).
    Last edited by Hyve; 2012-10-09 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Monks are not over-powered, but we're certainly powerful. We have a lot of healing and over-healing because we need to keep burning off our Chi, in order to even regenerate mana. This means we're constantly spending mana & Chi to regain our Mana. Don't be shocked then to see us at the top of the meters, because we're also always going to be on the top of the over-healing done.
    Just like Paladins!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Another thing I want to point out here, is that we're not Damage Dealers. While we need to assess our Healing Done / Over-healing Done we don't want to treat this like being at the top of the meters is the most important factor. What is important is that the healers work together to make the most of their mana, and that the boss is killed.
    Excellent point that bears repeating. Meters are useful tools but can not show the whole picture. Logs get closer, but still don't show that healer A ignored his assignment to snipe healer B's heals, meaning she wasted mana, then tried to help out on A's assignment since that group was getting dangerously low.

However, in aggregate, meters and logs can show the relative strengths and weaknesses of a class. Currently, Monks dominate WoL's top 10 rankings (except 10m Will which is almost entirely Paladins). This isn't that different from Wrath and Cataclysm where Paladins had that honor. So, in general, it seems Monks are probably due for a small nerf or change in mechanics which may not happen.

holy pally is in a fine spot right now

"topping meters" has never been important for healers

10+ Year Old Account
    Allright, did another 25m shot of MS and ye, i can confirm we're still very good, just hate the shaman totems on the aoe phases
    And ye, 10m was, as i said, not the concern of the topic as it is a totally different thing, and in which yes palas are quite op atm.

Anyway ye, i guess i was just a bit undergeared due to stupid unluck in hcs on my previous run, tnx everyone for the feedbacks

Holy feels great at the moment. I can heal the world until I go oom, at which point I can heal nothing, but as long as I manage mana properly I can slam the other healers in raw hps, at least in 10 mans. I've been using holy prism and EF; though holy prism accounts for a small amount of my healing it is a fantastic spell for constant AoE situations. Our burst healing is insane at the moment, I can spike to over 100k hps if the situation requires it, with only about 15% over heal.

My guild raids 10's but we have collaborated with some other guilds to do Galleon, and it seems like monks and resto druids are pretty powerful in 25s, though I haven't seen them in action in 10's because my fellow healers are a priest and a shaman.

I am currently 1/6H and ranked 7th on Heroic Stone Guard.
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

Deleted
    In my oppinion, paladins, priest and druids are in a very good spot while monks and shamans are just extremely overpowered. My guilds shaman is extremely good and I would argue that I am too, yesterday we killed Elegon normal mode (again) where he ranked number 1 shaman in the world and I ranked number 6 or 7 paladin (is now rank 9). http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9839&e=10395

The thing with shamans and also druids to some extend is that they can snipe healing that other healers easily would be able to cover instead. Here im talking about Healing Rain which is doing 20% of our shamans healing (20% of 80k hps is A LOT) in addition to healing rain he also has Healing Tide which did 12% of his healing.

I cant comment on monks as I have yet to play with a healer monk but based on logs they are pulling off some INSANE numbers, on elegon for example the number 1 monk did 89k hps while the shaman in my guild (rank 1 shaman) did 80k hps. When us paladins cant do nearly as much as shamans and shamans cant do nearly as much as monks theres truly something wrong with atleast the monks.

I'm currently just started raiding with my guild for 10man vaults and i feel like i haven't got the healing down pat or how we heal correctly or maybe the use of my cds. we havent killed the first boss and im not sure if im using the right cds or heal spec. id link a log but i dont think anyone has started doing that yet since weve only done one raid so far. any tips etc to use. i noticed since we had cobolt mines that light's hammer wasnt as useful to our whole raid moving all the time and thought prism might be better