Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Holys in Mogu'shan Vaults

Anybody tried the first bosses?
    Is it me or we're a little undertone, expecially in aoe heals?

I just see monks > shamans >>>>> other healers

I really find it extremely hard to keep it up with them on the meters, the feeling is that we're back to be tanks healers

Nope. Light's hammer + eternal flame blanketing and you top the meters.

Do people 1hp blanket people or 3hp for EF, I can see 3HP taking way to long or being very mana intense

I'd probably 1 or 2 hp blanket, 3 HP would take a while unless you blanket during holy avenger.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    I went to go check out your logs to see how you managed this, and saw that you haven't killed the boss. . . what gives?

We're a bit behind monks/druids/shaman when it comes to AoE heals for sure, but we certainly aren't falling way behind overall.

[E] ok your guild does have logged kills =) Apologies for not getting that far before posting =p However, monks are on top of every single kill.
    Last edited by Dubalicious; 2012-10-04 at 04:15 PM.

I use SS and Light's Hammer and I had no problems doing well. Granted, I really didn't know the fights beforehand, I still did well.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/ouwv9qockklcg8lc/

Granted, if a monk is geared in your raid, and has Zen Sphere, they WILL top the meters. There's no way around that.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I wasn't topping meters for our raid, I also don't feel that I was very behind. I was able to keep up with burst AoE situations and definitely had much stronger spot heals. I don't think were intended to be prolonged AoE healers, but I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Adornus View Post
    I use SS and Light's Hammer and I had no problems doing well. Granted, I really didn't know the fights beforehand, I still did well.

Granted, if a monk is geared in your raid, and has Zen Sphere, they WILL top the meters. There's no way around that.
    I see a lot of pallies with 'Other' doing a significant amount of their healing. Can you kindly elaborate what spell this 'Other'.

Ok, I have a more specific question. How are you guys handling mana, specially in stone guard (since it's the only fight I've tried)? How long did the fight last for you? would you consider EF superior to SS for the fight and how were you dealing with most people spreading out? Granted, we had an offspec monk healer that was only pulling around 20k hps so it was a little intense, but still by 50% I had gone through my second plea/torrent/trinket and was barely at around 20% mana. Do you think it was just due to the 3rd healer? Thanks in advance.

I wasn't on for the kill of the first boss, so I'm not sure about the mechanics there. But on the 2nd boss, we stack up for 95% of the fight, and Light's Hammer is just crazy good. Pop wings before placing it for more crazy. Also, DP asap all the time with the glyph since the cast time (as far as I've seen) is affected by haste. Don't even wait for lulls in healing, just do it on CD. Holy light + Divine Favor during light periods of AOE damage helps me with mana, and I save Holy Radiance for when lots of people are 50% or so. Don't forget to Holy Shock afterwards for the splash. I took Divine Purpose to save mana, sort of, because I just couldn't seem to get the best use out of Holy Avenger. Being able to LoD 3-4 times in a row is nice, or just spread some WoG. RNG is RNG though, and it can be frustrating when it doesn't proc the entire fight.
    Moo.

Quote Originally Posted by Royals Ego View Post
    I see a lot of pallies with 'Other' doing a significant amount of their healing. Can you kindly elaborate what spell this 'Other'.
    If you click on my name, and go to healing by spell, you'll be able to see the breakdown. The "other" is just a grouping of the next couple spells I believe.

Holy is still quite competitive. Monks are definitely dominant but I had no trouble 2 healing fights with a resto shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Slutty View Post
    Ok, I have a more specific question. How are you guys handling mana, specially in stone guard (since it's the only fight I've tried)? How long did the fight last for you? would you consider EF superior to SS for the fight and how were you dealing with most people spreading out? Granted, we had an offspec monk healer that was only pulling around 20k hps so it was a little intense, but still by 50% I had gone through my second plea/torrent/trinket and was barely at around 20% mana. Do you think it was just due to the 3rd healer? Thanks in advance.
    We 2 healed stone guard which was hard at first but as soon as everyone learns to do the mechanics properly the HPS requirement plummets. Make sure you are moving out of amethyst pools and only breaking jasper chains during jasper petrification (have not experienced cobalt mechanic). This decreases the raid damage immensely. Other than that its just making sure the tanks know how to handle overload.

Deleted
    In 25 Nhc

Monk (78k Hps, 17mio heal + 24mio overheal!!! 80% Mana....wtf?) > Shaman (60% Heal from Totems) > Paladin > others

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 01:35 AM ----------

In 25 Nhc

Monk (78k Hps, 17mio heal + 24mio overheal!!! 80% Mana....wtf?) > Shaman (60% Heal from Totems) > Paladin > others

10+ Year Old Account
    I forgot to mention that im *only* talking about 25m.
    10m is a totally different thing, meters wise.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    Uhm ... http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4585&e=5056 This says something different tho..

Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    Anybody tried the first bosses?
    Is it me or we're a little undertone, expecially in aoe heals?

I just see monks > shamans >>>>> other healers

I really find it extremely hard to keep it up with them on the meters, the feeling is that we're back to be tanks healers
    Holy Paladins are in a pretty good spot. Adornus (other Holy Paladin in my guild) already posted our logs, but we were 1-2 on healing meters all night (US-24th 25 man).

I was using SS also, but it appears from logs that Eternal Flame blanketing is the way to go (meters-wise). For us to keep up on the meters in AoE situations we need to utilize our cooldowns at appropriate times. We're not going to keep up with druids with Tranq + Tree Form, or a Divine Hymn. But a while timed Divine Favour + Holy Avenger + Wings (where appropriate) can definitely help you get first on those meters. I know everyone wants to use their abilities as that first HUGE burst of AoE comes out, but in almost every case you're better off delaying it. Chances are that druid is going to tranq and the priest is going to DH. I find one reason I excel on the meters is my willingness to hold back on that first set of cooldowns.

Like others have mentioned, Light's Hammer is just far superior in 25 man.

Feel free to check out my stream Wed/Sun/Mon 9EST-12:30EST
    twitch.tv/stalka88

I use Light's hammer + SS. No problem staying close to or at the top. We aren't undertuned at all (we are actually still top healer if you pace right) and I wouldn't be so discouraged. Paladin healing always starts off slow because we scaled much better as gear comes.

Read Eleiko's post and look at his and my logs if you want an indication of how things are going for Hpals right now. There is some very good insight there. Also look at as many top Paladins as you can as each will provide a different story and indication of the playstyle.

I will say, things get exponentially easier the more regen and throughput you get. Going from 455-465 with gems and enchants makes you feel like you're playing a completely different character. I'm at ~9000 spirit and use an Spirit Flask. I also use Int food and have an Int bonus from Inscription as well as 480 bonus spirit from my flask. I'll probably swap next week to Int flask (better use of the bonus) and spirit food as I'm getting more regen. Keep at it, use CDs appropriately and at the right times, and try to maximize CD usage with Light's Hammer when you can, and you'll be set.

Shameless plug:
    Oh, and watch his stream. He's fun to watch and comments on stuff, and you'll probably hear he and I talking a lot of Hpal theorycrafting as well during fights.

http://www.twitch.tv/stalka88
    This Sunday at 7 EST/6 CST

10+ Year Old Account
    Just looking at every single log on wol palas are far behind monks in every fight so ...
    And yes theres some fight its easier to be close to the top, but i still think theres a gap with monks and shamans (aka, they randomly spam buttons and are on the top easily).
    Watching your log i see your monks are way behind the average monk healing and on a few kill you didnt have shamans at all so it makes sense.
    Anyway ye, just with a bit of gear everything changed now.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyon View Post
    Just looking at every single log on wol palas are far behind monks in every fight so ...
    And yes theres some fight its easier to be close to the top, but i still think theres a gap with monks and shamans (aka, they randomly spam buttons and are on the top easily).
    Watching your log i see your monks are way behind the average monk healing and on a few kill you didnt have shamans at all so it makes sense.
    Anyway ye, just with a bit of gear everything changed now.
    Did you expect monks to be balanced or behind other classes in their first patch on live?
    if you did I have serious reservations...

However, My guild doesn't start raiding till tomorrow so I don't know as far as raid healing, but I've been really enjoying heroic's, feels a lot more fluid with Selfless healer and Light's Hammer, pretty much never casting a full cast time heal and getting procs out the wazoo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    Did you expect monks to be balanced or behind other classes in their first patch on live?
    if you did I have serious reservations...

However, My guild doesn't start raiding till tomorrow so I don't know as far as raid healing, but I've been really enjoying heroic's, feels a lot more fluid with Selfless healer and Light's Hammer, pretty much never casting a full cast time heal and getting procs out the wazoo
    I expected em to be less op after months of raids on beta where they always dominated every single fight, yes.
    So not balanced but not so unbalanced either.