Poll: Happy with your rogue in MoP?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Poll] Happy with your rogue so far? (PVE-wise)

Hey,

title says it all: Are you happy with your rogue in MoP?
    what are you happy with, what do you dislike?

Pros:
    - Still a nice ressource system
    - I think rogue will still be competitive in MoP
    - great cleave as combat
    - nice mobility
    - dual-wielding swords/axes/ ...
    - shroud makes us a great choice for challenge modes
    - i really like anticipation

Cons:
    - mutilate energy regen (actually my biggest problem atm)
    - speccs feel pretty much the same
    - combat plays pretty much the same as the last 6 years...
    - sub feels like combat
    - just did some heroics and encountered some bosses, which once again punisch sub's position requirements
    - aoe feels weak compared to other classes
    - i again feel punished by being melee for some bosses
    - our ressource-system feels clunky when there's a lot of target switching (especially if there are lots of low lvl mobs which are spread all over the place...)

all in all im not really happy with my rogue, so i guess im gonna switch to warri or warlock (never played a range, so its something really new for me + no "melee-problems" anymore + can kick some mage asses...)

a simple No ?

i dont like it but i wont reroll . im not happy im not gona reroll so selected the 2 , but its not ok . bad pool

Deleted
    I'm likly going to reroll shaman because my guild needs one.

Rogues are strong for challenge mode but sadly rogues scale with gear.

Could we get a balanced poll one day? I'm tired of picking an option because "Well, it's closer than the other options".
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    ok, take it like this:

"Im happy, rogue is great"
    "Im not happy but i'm not gonna reroll"
    "I hate rogue now. It sucks! I hate blizzard because they completely f*** up my class. so I'm gonna reroll"

i guess the intention of the above mentioned answers is obvious if not, a mod can change it. I nevertheless doubt that it's impossible to write afactual, reasoned answer.

@ T Man: actually it was exactly that scaling-thing, which brought me from shamy back to rogues after WotLK. was not nice to be top dps in naxx and ulduar and fall behind everyone else in ICC and RS...

That suggested poll is worse than the original.

There's a reason all meaningful polls have a scale that works something like:
    Completely happy
    Quite Happy
    Average
    Quite upset
    Completely upset
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    I don't care that much about PVE, so that's why I can survive with combat. So I guess I'm "ok" about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogaeu View Post
    Cons:
    - mutilate energy regen (actually my biggest problem atm)
    - i again feel punished by being melee for some bosses
    You aren't supposed to be spamming the crap out of Mutilate as Assassination. Energy regen is a problem, but it's not because Mutilate costs too much energy (if you're spamming it, learn how to pool energy please); it's because your Envenom uptime on any given fight is going to be an RNG roll because of Dispatch procs, Seal Fate procs, and other boss mechanics.
    I'd agree with the rest of it though.

Back to the OP, I'm happy with my rogue in raids at the moment. I'm able to pull competent numbers to other classes with similar gear ilvls, and none of the fights have been uber-stressful on melee. I have yet to do Elegon though, so we'll see.
    Last edited by Carp The Fish; 2012-10-04 at 03:12 PM.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Deleted
    I'm not really allowed to say I'm happy, I've been asking my raid leader if I could reroll to pretty much anything else for months. He insists on keeping a Rogue in the raid for...god knows why. It's like playing Pokemon, gotta catch them all, one raider on every class and spec and god forbid having 2 of the same classes.

Back on topic though, Assassination is fun to play. With a little more gear Assassination is completely fine. Combat is the spec I'm not happy with. From the transition between Dragon Soul BiS gear in Cataclysm to level 90 MoP blues and talents, it's horribly boring and uninteresting to play. A few days ago I was considering quitting WoW completely not because MoP is all that bad but because I will be too far behind if I have to start over grinding reputation, hence why rerolling is just not possible.

Rogues aren't in a bad spot or anything, but personally I'm not happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    There's a reason all meaningful polls have a scale that works something like:
    Completely happy
    Quite Happy
    Average
    Quite upset
    Completely upset
    sry, but you're talking bullsh**.

"Are you male or female?"
    A) Completely male
    B) Quite male
    C) Undecided
    D) Quite female
    E) Completely female

i'm don't need a scientific analysis, i was just curious about whether you're happy with your rogue or not. if you're not happy, do you plan to reroll or not. (i left out the choice: "i'm happy, but i'm gonna reroll nevertheless"...)

@ Carp: i know that assassination im not supposed to spam mutilate, but the specc feels pretty damn slow so that im no really enjoying it. you think there will be a big change when we reach, let's say t15H gear levels?

and what speccs are you using? i guess i'll be going sub/combat.

@ bovan: pretty much my opinion, too (apart from the assa-thing, didnt play it a lot yet)
    Last edited by mmoc303fd414fb; 2012-10-04 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    sry, but you're talking bullsh**.

"Are you male or female?"
    A) Completely male
    B) Quite male
    C) Undecided
    D) Quite female
    E) Completely female
    That makes no sense. There is a big difference between opinions and facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest that secondary poll also works fine, except that it leaves out plenty of other gender based options that might need to be added in...

Your sarcastic response really fails, as do the Male/Female options for gender/sex options for any official forms, but that would drag this WAY off topic. No, the poll doesn't really add anything. Asking for answers is just... fine.

OT: I like it just fine so far. Slow opening, as always, and being melee in heroics was an unnecessary PITA, but the rest seems fine.
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-10-04 at 05:33 PM.

Deleted
    i guess it's a fact, that i'm happy with a class or not

15+ Year Old Account
    i guess it's a fact, that i'm happy with a class or not
    The problem is that there's no "no" option. "It's fine", "It's ok, whatever" and "OMG ROGUEZ SUCKZ H4RD, MOP IS SHIT AND IMMA REROLL" aren't valid answers to a poll.

Well this derailed real fast. I have no real issues yet, I'll get back to you after I do some raiding.

Deleted
    I don't hate it, but I'm not particularly fond of the class either. It just feels... Meh? I see so much wasted potential in the class and so many ways to increase efficiency/fun/interaction/etc... I picked the middle option because it was the "closest" to how I feel about the class. I'd have chose the options between the middle and the bottom one.

"No, I'm not OK with the class as it is, yes it could be a lot better, but I'm not gonna reroll just yet."

Ok so I got 3 phases of how I feel about my rogue....

Start of MoP at lvl 90(undergeared) I hated it, I was pulling only 30k dps and watching others do 60-70k.. It also felt very clunky and at sometimes just very depressing that I decided to stick with my fav class....

Current state and fully heroic geared and first raid..... Last night I walked into Vaults and needless to say I was happy, I was pulling top damage on stone guard mostly cause of cleave, which meant we still got good cleave damage... Then on top of that I was bursting 120k on Feng. Sustained was around 55-60k but I mean lets be real its not a melee friendly fight and I was utilizing shadow step to get back into it after epicenter. I currently am not regretting sticking with my rogue, and when I get better raid gear I know ill be able to compete...

PvP, I love to pvp and atm, I've been playing as combat and it's alright... But I still think that shadow step should of been made a non talent spell kind of like a mages blink is for them. So we could have our prep and shadow step.... If blizz down the road gives us shadow step no matter what spec ill be happy... Other than that ill just grit my teeth and deal with it. I will not be re-rolling warrior like all those other rogue's who have turned their backs on the rogue community because they aren't OP...

Agreed that Combat got slow/boring really fast. It may be because Revealing Strike turned into a keep-it-up debuff and there's no reason not to macro Shadow Blades onto Adrenaline Rush, or it may be because it's hard to get to the 13+ regen-per-second that allows Combat to FUNCTION. Either way, not very fun.

I'm using Assassination and Subtlety w/ Mut reforges on Gara'jal (since the reforging is VERY similar from what I heard). I've brought Combat to Stone Guard (because cleave) and tried it on Gara'jal with mixed/awful results compared to Assassination and Subtlety.

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Then on top of that I was bursting 120k on Feng. Sustained was around 55-60k
    Just wait until Gara'jal and Spirit Kings.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

I rolled combat on Gara'jal because I still didnt have a second dagger, and combat did decent for me but that's only because of the buff. But of course you need to go in the shadow realm with someone who can rape most of the adds because you wouldn't be doing a whole lot of damage unless you save killing spree for a few bunched up together.

Tried combat on spirit kings and got my ass handed to me in terms of dps. I'm sure part of it was mechanics and learning the fight (only did a few attempts) but the damage was quite lackluster. I should say my gear it still pretty bad (~462 which isn't for lack of trying, sigh), it seems the higher ilvl (468-470) combat folks on WoL were pulling reasonable dps on that fight. They were still towards the bottom of the meters, though.

If my dps catches up and becomes middle of the pack, I'll be fine with the class. I think the most frustrating part of this is just the amount of initial gear required to even be considered to be put in for a progression fight when you guild has lots of other classes to choose from. I have been incredibly unlucky with drops, which just adds insult to injury. I think I spent 8 hours grinding heroic dungeons last Sunday and all I got was a helmet.

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of benched rogues for the first month or so of progression. MV seems to favor range and bursty classes.

Deleted
    Cons:
    - speccs feel pretty much the same
    - combat plays pretty much the same as the last 6 years...
    - aoe feels weak compared to other classes
    Only played assa and combat this far, and I can't agree with these points.

Mutilate and Combat feel very different, the whole setup is different, the whole tactics in fight.
    I think its almost as far as it can get in difference.

Combat doesn't play like always. Its finally got difficulty in mastering the dps and cooldowns. The cooldowns are really gamechangers. You can poke a target with like 40k dps, then you launch a CD and do more than double that amount if timed right. With anticipation, the slower energy regen and mightier cooldowns you actually can and have to think about what you are doing. Before it was just a mindless button mashing where you tried to time your CDs on 30 % insight... and if not, didn't matter much.

AoE weak? For combat its like this: 2-4 targets, your cleave will make other DPS cry. 5+ targets? Hit adrenaline rush, FoK, CT and melt the dps meters.

Sure, its not as easy to time as some other classes who just spam 1-2 buttons for AoE.
    Sure we got not as much instant burst on targets... but weak aoe? No.

For PvE I'm happy, even if there are minor here and there and overall we don't have many "fun things". But then again... stealth class was always fun in itself.

On both first bosses, stone guard and feng I placed 1st with about 3-6 % ahead. ilevel 464 and no bad competition in the guild
    Last edited by mmoc420d930b3c; 2012-10-05 at 02:48 AM.