Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Intresting to note that Paragon is 5/6 HC 10 men, world 1st in ranking with priest healer. And seems that priest has been on every hc kill.

  2. #82
    Stood in the Fire Vashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    Well, when you're a consistent 10k hps behind in healing and constantly OOM, then you'd be straining your other healers more. 468 gear doing 25m Feng, my healing was getting carried and there was not much I could do about it. Ever since I switched to Holy, mana and healing have felt a lot better.
    I would love they will "buff" is either decrease mana cost of power word shield approx to like 12000 mana to get rapture more often or buff rapture hardly.

    Also Fade mana cost is riddiculous.

    And PWM mana cost should be nerfed also.

  3. #83
    The Patient Nymie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    But priests didn't really get any significant changes to their playstyle.
    Except for having huge mana issues compared to most heals.

    WoW since '06, Army wife since '09, U of MD Law

  4. #84
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymie View Post
    Except for having huge mana issues compared to most heals.
    I still don't agree with the fact that Heal is mana negative. It should be neutral. With this throughput buff we don't have to cast as often to keep up and thus solves most mana issues. I wasn't really having a major problem last night. You have to get out of the spamming mindset and get back into the carefully calculated spell choice mindset.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    You have to get out of the spamming mindset and get back into the carefully calculated spell choice mindset.
    I invite you to test this mindset in PvP before you say we have no mana issues.

  6. #86
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I invite you to test this mindset in PvP before you say we have no mana issues.
    I have no interest whatsoever in pvp and therefore my posts are about pve.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I have no interest whatsoever in pvp and therefore my posts are about pve.
    The problem is apparent in PvE, too. But then again, you were saying for awhile we were "Fine", right? Do I recall correctly? Guess your feedback isn't worth much at all on this subject.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2012-10-11 at 10:18 PM.

  8. #88
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,433
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    The problem is apparent in PvE, too. But then again, you were saying for awhile we were "Fine", right? Do I recall correctly? Guess your feedback isn't worth much at all on this subject.
    We were alright. We weren't anywhere compared to where we were at the start of Cata. We weren't amazing, but we were alright. This makes us highly competitive. Pretty sure my feedback is just as valuable as anyone else, thanks. If you don't care for it, fine. But plenty do, and ask me for my opinion on things.

  9. #89
    Brewmaster moremana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,286
    I have found holy better than disc in MoP, but the priest class is so bad right now I dont even play her atm.

    Blood DK Alt ftw!

  10. #90
    I will agree that heal should be mana neutral, even perhaps slightly positive. That's what it was designed for. It was supposed to be an "autoattack" heal. But in both facets of the game, this would be mostly a trival change.

    Heal costing net mana is a symptom of priests out-of-whack mechanics, but not the solution.

    Also, being "fine" isn't the same as being "viable", or "competitive"

  11. #91
    I think the main point of it all is this. Yes, maybe we're fine, and can still be viable and competative, but to achieve this level we have to be careful about what we cast, when we cast it and if it will be most effective. Why do WE have to be in that mindset all the time when other healers are just spamming and not really being mindful of mana and getting away with just as effective, if not more, play than a priest who is watching their mana like a hawk?

    Corpseflower, Veteren of the Horde - Discipline Priest

  12. #92
    Nerf to mind control (30 sec cd)

    /nevercomingback

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpseflower View Post
    I think the main point of it all is this. Yes, maybe we're fine, and can still be viable and competative, but to achieve this level we have to be careful about what we cast, when we cast it and if it will be most effective. Why do WE have to be in that mindset all the time when other healers are just spamming and not really being mindful of mana and getting away with just as effective, if not more, play than a priest who is watching their mana like a hawk?
    What world do you live in where priests are viable and competitive

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayna View Post
    What world do you live in where priests are viable and competitive
    Same one Mazi lives in, I guess. Population: 2.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by sahtila View Post
    Intresting to note that Paragon is 5/6 HC 10 men, world 1st in ranking with priest healer. And seems that priest has been on every hc kill.
    If you also look at almost every other top 100 raid they sat their priests because of the lack luster performances. To be fair having so many top end guilds/raid sit priest the numbers for them on WoL are going to be worse then they really should be.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 06:50 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymie View Post
    Except for having huge mana issues compared to most heals.

    and having to use renew more then they have since vanilla.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  16. #96
    High Overlord Furye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Land of Canadia
    Posts
    194
    I still find it interesting that Paragon used a holy priest for world first Heroic MGV clear.
    >>Because having a signature is so mainstream.<<

  17. #97
    Brewmaster Mazi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,433
    Did you all miss the fact that there was a huge buff to PoH and PoM? What world are you living in?

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Did you all miss the fact that there was a huge buff to PoH and PoM? What world are you living in?

    That happened today not much was said about it and the tooltip in game doesnt reflect the change so yeah its pretty easy to miss.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    Disc used to be fun. I was a huge advocate for Disc in my guild, and hated the idea of going Holy. Now, I can't even find Disc as viable for certain fights.

    To compare:
    Disc Log VS Holy Log
    As usual with the beginning of the expansion, people can't spam like they did in dragon soul that cry for buffs. Look at your healing log, then look at everyone else. The 2 bottom healers on that list, are the ones doing a horrible, horrible job with their class. I don't mean this offensively, but it's pretty awful playing.

    I feel very happy with my priests performance (as discipline), no i'm not topping as easily as some other classes that usually do at the start of an expansion.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I invite you to test this mindset in PvP before you say we have no mana issues.
    1. Drop Divine Insight and use Power Infusion until you have more regen. While DI is godly OP, it's also a huge mana suck, especially when PI increases both throughput and efficiency.

    2. Be more offensive, and use smite to fish for FDCL procs. Try and limit your 'healing' to FDCL procs and instant cast heals unless your countering heavy bust; in that case, pop AA and heal like a boss. Remember, Disc is a full blown hybrid spec now, so you're only hurting yourself if you aren't playing like one. A double bonus, because I'm not spamming 'heals', I'm harder to pick out of a crowd as a healer (if I avoid penance), and don't get focused as much.

    With those two changes, my mana problems are gone because most of my heals are free (Atonement is mana neutral, and I'm swimming in FDCL procs), my throughput increased because I can always use AA when I need it, and I'm putting pressure on the other teams healers, while I'm still healing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •