Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixene View Post
    As usual with the beginning of the expansion, people can't spam like they did in dragon soul that cry for buffs. Look at your healing log, then look at everyone else. The 2 bottom healers on that list, are the ones doing a horrible, horrible job with their class. I don't mean this offensively, but it's pretty awful playing.

I feel very happy with my priests performance (as discipline), no i'm not topping as easily as some other classes that usually do at the start of an expansion.
    I'm so sick of people like you who just shout "L2P" when there are actual class issues. Sorry if priests were fine, top guilds would not be sitting their priests and you would see more priests performing competitively in logs. We wouldn't see the pattern of logs showing priests way below other healers. Saying everyone who plays a priest needs to just L2P is not a good argument in the slightest. You are fine with the other healers having to carry you, well guess what?! We aren't. Your raid could replace you with any other healing class and be better off.

Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    1. Drop Divine Insight and use Power Infusion until you have more regen. While DI is godly OP, it's also a huge mana suck, especially when PI increases both throughput and efficiency.
    I use PI. Divine Insight is TERRIBLE as disc.

2. Be more offensive, and use smite to fish for FDCL procs. Try and limit your 'healing' to FDCL procs and instant cast heals unless your countering heavy bust; in that case, pop AA and heal like a boss. Remember, Disc is a full blown hybrid spec now, so you're only hurting yourself if you aren't playing like one. A double bonus, because I'm not spamming 'heals', I'm harder to pick out of a crowd as a healer (if I avoid penance), and don't get focused as much.
    I'm sorry, but what? It sounds like people playing against you are just terrible. If a Priest doesn't have a Shadowform buff, he's a healer. It's that simple. Everyone knows when a priest is a healer or not.

Plus, it's exceptionally easy to interrupt a smite cast and lock you out of heals.

Just no.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Drop Divine Insight and use Power Infusion until you have more regen. While DI is godly OP, it's also a huge mana suck, especially when PI increases both throughput and efficiency.

2. Be more offensive, and use smite to fish for FDCL procs. Try and limit your 'healing' to FDCL procs and instant cast heals unless your countering heavy bust; in that case, pop AA and heal like a boss. Remember, Disc is a full blown hybrid spec now, so you're only hurting yourself if you aren't playing like one. A double bonus, because I'm not spamming 'heals', I'm harder to pick out of a crowd as a healer (if I avoid penance), and don't get focused as much.

With those two changes, my mana problems are gone because most of my heals are free (Atonement is mana neutral, and I'm swimming in FDCL procs), my throughput increased because I can always use AA when I need it, and I'm putting pressure on the other teams healers, while I'm still healing.
    Have you actually seen pvp damage? Atonement healing and rng FDCL procs will not cut it.

Your post pretty much screams that you only do random bgs and don't actually do any sort of competitive pvp.

Priests are pretty weak right now. Most people who played them went Monk anyway, so not only are we in a shit place right now, they're few and far in between.
    I have my priest at 90 just to help my guild, but leveling a monk on the side to use. Mainly because Blizzard won't fix us for a while because they "don't see the problems we're describing".

Your choices are to suck it up, or roll a new class.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    I definitely feel pretty weak compared to the pally healer I heal with, and I'm 468ish ilvl now. But I don't know what the exact issue is. Mana feels much tighter for me, but I can't really confirm that without playing a pally or something else in the same gear... Our overhealing is near equal, so it's not like I'm spamming the crap out of extra heals. I just don't know, feels like I'm a wet noodle out there right now.
    In my experience playing all the different healers (but not in cutting-edge content, mind), Priest mana just evaporates with very little payoff if I so much as blink wrong. I feel the class is tuned way too tightly, especially with Blizz repeatedly beating a drum of "not wanting to repeat Cata release". Druid, Pally, gosh even Shaman, high queen of mana failure, all feel way way more forgiving than Priest.

Monk can easily get itself into a Mana nightmare, but it has plenty of tools to avoid that and a lot of room for error. Priest feels like a nonstop tightrope walk — again, misstep a little, plan wrong, breathe wrong, you're scrambling into a nasty deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    Bash that PW:Solace and you'll be fine, disc was never about numbers, it's always been about anticipating damage.
    Solace is terrible.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP is a different beast entirely, confused as to why people brought it up in a thread which clearly started as a discussion of priests in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    and having to use renew more then they have since vanilla.
    Guess you didn't play holy in Wrath. : P

Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    I use PI. Divine Insight is TERRIBLE as disc.
    Ummm... aside from the fact that overuse will destroy your mana, how is more PW:S usage terrible?

I'm sorry, but what? It sounds like people playing against you are just terrible. If a Priest doesn't have a Shadowform buff, he's a healer. It's that simple. Everyone knows when a priest is a healer or not.
    Well for one, you do realize you can easily identify healers by their casting animations, right? When I'm looking for a healer in BGs, I just look for the person who keeps raising their hand.

And you're completely right, it relies on people being stupid. But why is using someones stupidity against them a bad thing?

Finally, who do you think gets focused first, the disc priest who's dpsing, or the healer who's healing?

Plus, it's exceptionally easy to interrupt a smite cast and lock you out of heals.
    How exactly is smite easier to spell lock than FH?

Same question as before, who do you think get's spell locked, the disc priest who's dpsing, or the healer who's healing?

And who fucking cares if they spell lock smite. You know that thing I said about using people's stupidity against them, it applies here too. If I'm spamming smite, damage must be low anyway, so bring it on. Go head and trigger DR during light damage, so I'm free to cast that greater heal when shit hits the fan.... brilliant!

Well for one, you do realize you can easily identify healers by their casting animations, right? When I'm looking for a healer in BGs, I just look for the person who keeps raising their hand.
    If I were you, I'd make it even simpler and download that Healers Have to Die add-on. I hate that thing with a passion, and wish they'd kill it, but you may as well download it.
    Finally, who do you think gets focused first, the disc priest who's dpsing, or the healer who's healing?
    Honestly, it depends on two things. If the healer who is healing is a priest, it's a toss-up. Whichever one gets noticed first. If the other healer is a monk/paladin/druid, it's the priest casting smite.

How exactly is smite easier to spell lock than FH?
    You only have to cast half as often casting Flash Heals..well, hopefully. You can juke easier.

Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    Priests are pretty weak right now. Most people who played them went Monk anyway, so not only are we in a shit place right now, they're few and far in between.
    I have my priest at 90 just to help my guild, but leveling a monk on the side to use. Mainly because Blizzard won't fix us for a while because they "don't see the problems we're describing".

Your choices are to suck it up, or roll a new class.
    You seem like a bad player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Purely a throughput problem. I ranked as Holy on normal 4 spirits last week after the buff. But yeah, Monks hurt my feelings..

I'm not sure if it's mana related as well, I seem to be oom when all other noen healers are at 50%. And this is even using chastise 50% of the fight and relying on the rest to hold it together.

If you look at those healingmeters in that Blood Legion Will of the Emperor 25 man heroic kill monks are just steamrolling healing apparently. Might just be overhealing or depending on the fight though.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    You seem like a bad player.
    Blizzard disagrees with the L2P crowd:

Priest (Forums)

Cascade base damage and healing increased by 25%. SP scaling increased to 122.5% of SP, up from 97.5% of SP.
    Mind Sear base damage increased by 26%. SP scaling increased to 24.5% of SP, up from 19.5% of SP.

Talents

Cascade base damage and healing increased by 25%. SP scaling increased to 122.5% of SP, up from 97.5% of SP.

Holy

Chakra: Sanctuary now increases AoE healing by 25%, up from 15%.
    Chakra: Serenity now increases single target healing by 25%, up from 15%.

See anything but buffs to priest healing and AoE dmg there?

they keep buffing holy and ignoring disc, i think they want us to switch to holy maybe so they can do something different to disc? I haven't felt so ignored since BC when there was no such thing as a disc priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chakra: Sanctuary now increases AoE healing by 25%, up from 15%.
    Chakra: Serenity now increases single target healing by 25%, up from 15%.
    Oh great, and buff AND a nerf, thx blizz for making Chakra's problem even worse...

Quote Originally Posted by vanityking View Post
    they keep buffing holy and ignoring disc, i think they want us to switch to holy maybe so they can do something different to disc? I haven't felt so ignored since BC when there was no such thing as a disc priest.
    I think Blizzard simply views Holy as easier to toggle, in this case buff Chakra and move on. Discipline is a bit tougher since a major absorb buff may put the spec back into "mandatory" (or close enough) that everyone flocks to it. Remember whatever changes they bring in need to be molded around SS and AA. I wouldn't be opposed to revisit AA, extend and increase the buff so it can theoretically achieve 100% uptime, with a focus on HF timing/CD as the "minimum to maintain AA" [insert Jiminy Cricket - When you wish upon a star song]. Point is, I think they need to smooth out the toolbox, making it easier to introduce changes and for us to apply them.

Note: This thread title has more negativity than an average political commercial
    Last edited by Whiskeydave; 2012-10-17 at 03:51 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh great, and buff AND a nerf, thx blizz for making Chakra's problem even worse...
    It's hardly a 'nerf', it's just a retarded way of buffing Holy. Appearently, devs still believe that Chakra is an overwhelming success and greatly contributes to Holy Priest flexibility. Especially it's 30s cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It's hardly a 'nerf', it's just a retarded way of buffing Holy. Appearently, devs still believe that Chakra is an overwhelming success and greatly contributes to Holy Priest flexibility. Especially it's 30s cooldown.
    It a nerf to triage healing in Sanc. Before GH/Heal or w/e Single Target heal was 15% weaker that it's potential, now it's 25%. Same visaversa... It's a buff in healing and a nerf in the sense it makes the Chakra problem even worse.

It a nerf to triage healing in Sanc. Before GH/Heal or w/e Single Target heal was 15% weaker that it's potential, now it's 25%. Same visaversa... It's a buff in healing and a nerf in the sense it makes the Chakra problem even worse.
    It's not 25% worse, because they aren't reducing the base healing to compensate. It's a straight buff to either side. Look at it that way instead of "oh if I was in Serenity this FH would have healed for 25% more"
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    In that Disc log, I casted Solace 50 times (67.5 seconds in a 6:26 minute fight just casting Solace) and got 109k mana back. Over a minute of doing no healing just to gain that little mana.
    Don't use PW: Solace then. Mindbender don't waste your time, and give a little less mana.