Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    You're mature.

And since when does a healer need to be top HPS to be viable? Because that mentality is just retarded. Not really sure what happened to the priest community here but you guys are definitely pushing me away.
    When you are 1/3 to 1/2 of the output of others. guess what? you're broken. I personally am 3/6 h and 8 minutes in on spirit kings. I sat myself. No reason to have me there. I'll also be sitting for elegon. Again, we're bad for that. Emps i'll do, we'll do ok, our mastery can work for us a bit. Really. Priest healing is right now the most broken since retards called themselves healers in wrath and spammed bubble while not even POM'ing. it's that bad. only in the other direction. nothing is worthwhile to cast. it's going to overheal like all hell, and oom us, or others will just pre shield (hiya pallys) while being bottomless and pumping out huge hps. Get over yourself. Priests can't compete atm.

People like you posting you are fine, when you now outgear garagal, a week late, and have inferior healers are the problem. We're pretty much useless. Rolls shadow, or plan on sitting honey.

Or not killing stuff. or doing it late.
    Last edited by priestingalong; 2012-10-18 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by priestingalong View Post
    When you are 1/3 to 1/2 of the output of others. guess what? you're broken. I personally am 3/6 h and 8 minutes in on spirit kings. I sat myself. No reason to have me there. I'll also be sitting for elegon. Again, we're bad for that. Emps i'll do, we'll do ok, our mastery can work for us a bit. Really. Priest healing is right now the most broken since retards called themselves healers in wrath and spammed bubble while not even POM'ing. it's that bad. only in the other direction. nothing is worthwhile to cast. it's going to overheal like all hell, and oom us, or others will just pre shield (hiya pallys) while being bottomless and pumping out huge hps. Get over yourself. Priests can't compete atm.

People like you posting you are fine, when you now outgear garagal, a week late, and have inferior healers are the problem. We're pretty much useless. Rolls shadow, or plan on sitting honey.

Or not killing stuff. or doing it late.
    You make me laugh

I refer back to - just because you can't compete, does not speak for the class.

And don't comment about my guild's progress. We raid 16 hours and last week we lost out 3 hours due to a lockout bug. We also don't extend our raid times and we had a 1% wipe (and few sub 5%) on Garajal Monday.

You really know nothing and you are absolutely entertaining. Keep posting, please!
    Last edited by Mazi; 2012-10-18 at 09:01 PM.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with mazi here, and te recent buffs have only solidified our position. I compete plenty fine, and the only reason my guild hasn't progressed further (short of our 9 hour raid week) is not due to healing but people failing to mechanics.

Priests [holy] are absolutely fine.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

yes i know it's not about topping the meters, but I for one don't want to be reduced to a dps / support class, sure we're an excellent tool for progression but once people start working on achievements and have the strats down, the "support" classes are the ones turned down in place for a real healer or a better dps. I just want to know I can top the meter if I really wanted to and worked hard to achieve it, right now it seems no matter how hard we try monks and shammies get just as far or much further giving 50%

You really know nothing and you are absolutely entertaining. Keep posting, please!
    I pushed WOL ranks since TOC, when they really opened, and have been raiding progression since tbc. Yes. t4
    I'm in a steadily top 100guild actually top 60atm world right now.

Tell yourself what you want.

I pushed WOL ranks since TOC, when they really opened, and have been raiding progression since tbc. Yes. t4
    I'm in a steadily top 100guild actually top 60atm world right now.

Tell yourself what you want.
    Oooohhh, WOL rankings as a healer?! Tell me more. I've been raiding since Vanilla, kid.

Oooohhh, WOL rankings as a healer?! Tell me more. I've been raiding since Vanilla, kid.
    and you still haven't killed garajal a week late with 10+the item level. making the dps check a joke.

tell you something?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I'm still curious. Some people claim it's merely about mana and we'll be fine later - why exactly aren't Priests dominating on H Stone Guard? It has everything - enormous buff to regen, lots of tank healing, lots of raid healing. Perfect chance to prove the class is fine - or even overpowered when actually given the opportunity to spam its spells.

Also, current list of buffs, including 5.1 is:
    +25% PoH.
    +25% PoM.
    +25% Cascade
    +10% to all heals, depending on Chakra.
    AA stacking with SS

So, basically, 35% buff to AOE healing for Holy, 25% buff for Disc, 10% for Holy single target. You don't buff class by such amount if it's "fine" and the problem is merely people being bad.

Yes, current situation is better than it used to be. I don't feel like a complete dead weight I was at the beginning, but Disc is still quite bad - which makes it quite surprising to see Chakra buffs instead of dealing with it. Giving even more power to PoH is just retarded, seeing how they don't have any other aoe tools. I suppose Cascade buff evens this out somewhat, but still.

I suppose "fine" is relative. Are we useless? No, not anymore. Are there no more issues? Not quite.

It's also worth remembering that this topic was created before all those buffs actually took place, so coming in now and posting "lol you are all bads, except for Poster X who happens to agree with me - finally someone who isn't just a whiner" is quite silly.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2012-10-19 at 12:34 AM.

and you still haven't killed garajal a week late with 10+the item level. making the dps check a joke.

tell you something?
    Hahaha, do you even look at wowprogress? We killed it with 24 people (mage offline 70% of fight). This is just turning into a waste of time. Peace!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The contention seems a bit silly to me. The two sides are not even that far apart. One side says priests are behind the other healers, and they were(possibly not now depending on the situation), while the other side says priests are capable of healing the content(aka viable) which is completely true. The only issue arises when you are trying to press progression to the max, and thus under heal the fights so you want the strongest healers possible to do so with the highest chance of success. If anything highly skilled monks healing for crazy amounts in 25s is the biggest issue.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Priest are fine. Cant keep up with monks... but fine. / close thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    Playing a Disc Priest has been incredibly depressing. On Feng (25m), I was consistently the last on the Healing meter (including absorbs) and Overhealing meter, and the first one to go OOM / the healer with the most mana problems. I was able to output more healing back in T13 than I am able to output now in 468 gear (or at least about the same output). I spend maybe half of a fight, if not more, either DPSing the boss doing 8-10k DPS just to TRY and get mana back or just plain OOM. If it's not obvious, it is incredibly inefficient to DPS a boss as a raid healer, not to mention Solace is just awful in terms of mana regen. Disc used to be fun. I was a huge advocate for Disc in my guild, and hated the idea of going Holy. Now, I can't even find Disc as viable for certain fights.

To compare:
    Disc Log VS Holy Log
    In that Disc log, I casted Solace 50 times (67.5 seconds in a 6:26 minute fight just casting Solace) and got 109k mana back. Over a minute of doing no healing just to gain that little mana.

Disc is in a horrible place to say the least. Our regen went from one of the best to just plain awful. I find Holy to be in a pretty good, strong place right now, with basically no real change in healing style from Cata.

I think you could probably use a little help getting use to playing discipline, because on feng I was top heals on heroic 25. and on stone guard I was second to a monk. Discipline is extremely strong right now and I mean extremely strong. Most fights are very difficult to oom on if you're using mind bender too as long as you have 2 good trinkets from heroics at least and having the dmf one helps a lot too.

(heroic 25m) STONE GUARD LOGS: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f6...?s=3958&e=4318

(heroic 25m) FENG LOGS: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3s...?s=3691&e=4233

Some tips I would reccomend for playing disc, try to get 2-3 rapture procs per minute. Its a really good place for mana. Having spirit procs is really nice for rapture as well, however if you're watching rapture closely then you don't need to worry whether the proc is up or not because you'll end up getting a rapture proc while its up in most cases. Keeping PW:S on the tanks at all times is key and knowing when to spirit shell is essential. You need to also use power infusion with spirit shell as a raid healer. Its great. Inner focus is very nice too, trying to get 5-7 uses a fight is what I try to go for, and using arch angel when spirit shell is down is very nice. You can pretty much balance spirit shell and archangel so that you almost always have one of them active. (almost always) For single target healing on tanks, penance and greater heal are great. I love using inner focus with greater heal to get a tank topped up when he's low. I also try to use PoM when ever its not up, but it does take a back seat to spirit shell/rapture.
    Last edited by Zolvolt; 2012-10-19 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolvolt View Post
    I think you could probably use a little help getting use to playing discipline, because on feng I was top heals on heroic 25. and on stone guard I was second to a monk. Discipline is extremely strong right now and I mean extremely strong. Most fights are very difficult to oom on if you're using mind bender too as long as you have 2 good trinkets from heroics at least and having the dmf one helps a lot too.

(heroic 25m) STONE GUARD LOGS: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f6...?s=3958&e=4318

(heroic 25m) FENG LOGS: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-3s...?s=3691&e=4233

Some tips I would reccomend for playing disc, try to get 2-3 rapture procs per minute. Its a really good place for mana. Having spirit procs is really nice for rapture as well, however if you're watching rapture closely then you don't need to worry whether the proc is up or not because you'll end up getting a rapture proc while its up in most cases. Keeping PW:S on the tanks at all times is key and knowing when to spirit shell is essential. You need to also use power infusion with spirit shell as a raid healer. Its great. Inner focus is very nice too, trying to get 5-7 uses a fight is what I try to go for, and using arch angel when spirit shell is down is very nice. You can pretty much balance spirit shell and archangel so that you almost always have one of them active. (almost always) For single target healing on tanks, penance and greater heal are great. I love using inner focus with greater heal to get a tank topped up when he's low. I also try to use PoM when ever its not up, but it does take a back seat to spirit shell/rapture.
    Nice job. I'll add that you are about ten gear levels thus 3k spellpower and other stats over other healers.

Now go heal a 4 healer fight like garajal and moreso spiritkings and elegon on heroic 25.... and see where you end up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice job. I'll add that you are about ten gear levels thus 3k spellpower and other stats over other healers.

Now go heal a 4 healer fight like garajal and moreso spiritkings and elegon on heroic 25.... and see where you end up.
    I must say that its not very fair for you to ask the same class to be top on every fight like this. Healing classes have their strengths and their weaknesses, and no matter how well a class can do, people like you always say, thats nice, but I bet you can't be good on these fights, so obviously the class is broken. (which is exactly how you are coming off)

Elegon is a fight that disc can do well on, but I play holy because I feel like the healing is more useful or more importantly divine hymn is more important than PW:B). spiritkings, is another fight where damage isn't high enough for me to feel like disc is going to do better than holy cooldown wise. Disc does well with lots of high consistent aoe damage that is predictable. What you're asking me to do is like asking a resto shaman to do really good aoe heals on a fight where the raid is out of reach of each other. Now if you compare all of the high damage aspects of spirit kings and elegon for a holy priest and a disc priest, I bet the disc priest will do wonderful because during those high damage spikes, spirit shell is going to be amazing, but overall hps is going to be lower because there are a lot of times during that fight where the raid is spread out or moving where Discipline just don't have things like Circle of Healing or sanctuary that are going to compete over the length of the fight.

Garajal is another fine fight to bring up. Shields are overpowered more than anything else on garajal. Hands down on normal and on heroic. whether its spirit shell or PW:S, they do a lot of HPS for singletarget and raidwide damage on this encounter. Everyone who used a discipline on this fight on normal (or heroic) should know this.

Now lets talk about just heroic Garajal for a moment, it is a DPS race. The entire fight is. We also need to use as few healers as possible, you said 4 healers. What do we have that can do damage while they heal? Discipline priests. Discipline priests can do substantial dps for a healer while they heal if they smite/holyfire/penance the boss. This makes discipline priests one of the most desired healing classes in the game for this encounter, besides that, discipline priests bring TWO damage mitigation cooldowns, pain suppression, and power word: barrier. This is very important for voo doo dolls. The only other class that has amazing cooldowns like this are holy paladins. I would argue that heroic garajal you want a discipline priest and a holy paladin, absolutely. Resto shaman is probably up there as well. back to point though: discipline's mechanics make it VERY strong for heroic garajal on multiple levels as I described, however, because atonement is less healing done than other healer's focused heals, you will look at logs and say oh, our discipline priest is very low on heroic garajal, they must be bad, when in fact it is the opposite, they are very good because of how much damage they can do and how useful their cooldowns and shields are for this encounter.

Besides those points, you mentioned gear, I have no heroic gear and am competing with disc priests that do, I'm not in full epics, and I just replaced 3 blues and one crafted epic this week. Using lack of gear isn't an excuse for being underpowered because I was able to compete the first day of raiding just fine, and even on the one fight that first week I did bad on, it was because I was doing bad and not because the class was weak. I have retained high hps on most fights and am quite proud of that, and there are a handful of discipline priests doing much more hps than I am pulling, so what does this mean? that there is potential to do more than I am doing, that means that there discipline can be very strong and that I feel like what I'm doing is in a very good place, that the possibility to be better is still there. discipline can be even stronger than what I already think it is, and many people are failing to realize this because many discipline priests are not using or utilizing archangel or spiritshell correctly.

I think that on top of everything, more people don't know how to play the class and are blaming that its bad and are just turning their noses up at all the data that suggests how good we are. I think you're being too bitter because you haven't taken the time to see how good they can be in your own raids. I'm not trying to belittle you, but don't be so quick to deny everything thats being laid out in front of you, as I have taken the time to do for you.
    Last edited by Zolvolt; 2012-10-20 at 11:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Peeps are too addicted to the end of WOTLK when we owned everything. We simply had no competition in topping meters. Same in Cataclysm ( well not the start of it but after pretty much yes ). Get over it that some fights are simply more tuned for other healing classes.

It is like DPS classes. Some are shit for some fights, some are OP for it. Do they cry if they cant compete with others? Dont think so.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Deleted
    Priest is fine, learn 2 play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl4s3 View Post
    Priest is fine, learn 2 play.
    ...and still 20k HPS below Monk.
    That's "fine"?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    ...and still 20k HPS below Monk.
    That's "fine"?
    It's more like Monks are still broken. SCK might have been nerfed, but I still see Uplift going strong. 'Course, I'm no Monk expert so maybe it's perfectly fine, but ours are still above other healers.

Also, previous poster has mysteriously "learnt to play" after 25% (+10%) buffs, it seems.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It's more like Monks are still broken. SCK might have been nerfed, but I still see Uplift going strong. 'Course, I'm no Monk expert so maybe it's perfectly fine, but ours are still above other healers.

Also, previous poster has mysteriously "learnt to play" after 25% (+10%) buffs, it seems.
    I can agree with that.
    Monks are broken, yes. But as far as I can see on most bosses a perfectly played disc can certainly not even come close to a perfectly played *anything-else*.

Hmm this is weird, in my guild our Disc Priest always tops the hps chart, followed close by our resto shammy and holy pally is quite a bit behind... is our priest God or are the shammy and pally doing something terribly wrong?