10+ Year Old Account

Lost Treasures ... who's found some?

With the amazing respawn rate on rarespawn *mobs*, I had expected the lost treasures to be a little easier to find, too. Not the case sofar.

I lucked out and have found the recepy for monkey-pirate banana rum sofar, giving me the first relic-hunter achievement. But dear god, do the *weapons* even exist? It's bad enough that they're found in often-visited questing hubs... Not talking about the greys, talking about the weapons such as Blade of the Prime and Ancient Pandaren Mining Pick.

Anyone found any of these sofar? Do we have any idea at all about their respawn rate?
    Last edited by Chonar; 2012-10-04 at 12:23 PM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I found one in the cave where the sprites hide in little piles of snow, all it had in it was some gold. Thing is it was probably sitting there a long time since it looked like all the other stuff littering that cave, I doubled back to loot a mob and as the mouse went over the box I noticed that the pointer hand changed so I opened it. I expected a little more than gold though.

A guildie found one last week, though he didn't say where it was from. They do exist though!

I've found one of the weapons, the Wodin's Matind Shanker.
    Found around 3 or 4 of those XP+Gold treasures, too.

No clue regarding spawn rates, however when I returned to the location where I found the dagger, I found a "Gold Coin", which gave me a "Make-a-Wish" 10 minute buff.
    Last edited by Liara; 2012-10-04 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Searched for the name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I found one in the cave where the sprites hide in little piles of snow, all it had in it was some gold. Thing is it was probably sitting there a long time since it looked like all the other stuff littering that cave, I doubled back to loot a mob and as the mouse went over the box I noticed that the pointer hand changed so I opened it. I expected a little more than gold though.
    Those are there for everyone. The ones that drop greys and gold. They're nice little extra discoveries for bonus gold (Usually somewhere between 90 and 120 gold).
    I'm talking about the weapons.

List here. http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7...nts:id=1722177

10+ Year Old Account
    Ifound the Ancient Pandaren Fishing Lure from the ghostly fisherman yesterday afternoon.

I wasn't particularly looking for him but was flying over Cattail Lake to get to a Tiller's daily. He really wasn't as hard to see as some people on wowhead have claimed as he had quiet a noticeable 'sparkle'.

As for respawn rates, sorry can't help you there.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Deleted
    Lost out on the Ancient Pandaren Lure thrice this past week, not a happy camper at all. At least I managed to pick up The Hammer of Folly (grey item with 100g sell price).

Deleted
    Found some pandaren fishing spear (or something) when leveling in Krasarang Wilds. Blind luck, i was just exploring around, saw small panda village at shore, went to check gossips from npc's and "wtf i can click that spear... oh, nice" They don't sparkle, so i may have missed few before.

Not sure if this is the same thing? But i just got a Lost and Found achievement. I was questing in Terrace of Ten Thunders, in Jade Forest and found a wishing fountain. There was a coin on the edge which i clicked, and it flicked it into the well. Then i noticed something to the side, moused over and clicked it, and it was one of these bind to battle.net account weapons, a dagger called Wodin's Mantid Shanker.

Hope that helps a little

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix09 View Post
    Not sure if this is the same thing? But i just got a Lost and Found achievement. I was questing in Terrace of Ten Thunders, in Jade Forest and found a wishing fountain. There was a coin on the edge which i clicked, and it flicked it into the well. Then i noticed something to the side, moused over and clicked it, and it was one of these bind to battle.net account weapons, a dagger called Wodin's Mantid Shanker.

Hope that helps a little
    Thanks, but believe me, I know each location basically from the top of my head at this point.
    I just never seem to actually be there when they've spawned.

Was in the northern end of Jade Forest doing the quests to free the spirits, there is a little wishing well there and I found a rogue dagger, can't remember the name, inside the well. I sent it to my bank alt and started a rogue. woohoo

Wodin's Mantid Shanker
    Location: Found inside Owen's Wishing Well northwest of the Terrace of Ten Thunders.
    Last edited by Ramman; 2012-10-04 at 01:54 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got the blood soaked chitin agi trinket
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Got my final treasure today and got the cheevo and title. Yes, 20. So many BOA weapons. I don't know what to do with them all. lol. 'The Relic Hunter'. Very cool title name.

i found wodens mantid shanker in a fountain in northern jade forest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like lamenting your luck publically works. Since his weekend I'm on 7/20 and well on my way for the title.

Still no mining pick though. :< I blame the fact that these treasures are all found in oft-visited levelling paths, instead of off the beaten path.

I found one of the weapons on a statue right next to the Jade Statue house of the widow in Jade Forest. It doesn't sparkle. It's kinda like a moment for the Lorewalkers.