Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,426

    Ret Paladin PvP?

    What do you guys think of Ret in PvP so far? started to play mine this season since I found it good fun previously.

    Seems like without wings we can't put out a lot of pressure but with wings we obliterate stuff (playing with Holy Avenger atm), seem to only do well against classes with wings also. Kind of frustrating because it feels like you have to have wings otherwise tickle people. Two HoF is awesome and the long arm/judge slow is pretty badass, healing isn't too shabby either. How are we looking for arena atm?

    Post your thoughts/experiences!

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Arthur-the-exalted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    What do you guys think of Ret in PvP so far? started to play mine this season since I found it good fun previously.

    Seems like without wings we can't put out a lot of pressure but with wings we obliterate stuff (playing with Holy Avenger atm), seem to only do well against classes with wings also. Kind of frustrating because it feels like you have to have wings otherwise tickle people. Two HoF is awesome and the long arm/judge slow is pretty badass, healing isn't too shabby either. How are we looking for arena atm?

    Post your thoughts/experiences!
    i find that pvp can be very frustrating, certain classes I cant ever kill in a 1v1 but ret is good, I like the healing but I think our attacks are a bit weak compared to other melees. But thats just me

  3. #3
    Retribution Paladins have always had low sustained damage, and high burst damage through cool-downs.(i.e. Avenging Wrath, Guardian of Ancient Kings) In my personal opinion I think that Retribution is doing better than it was in cataclysm! (pre 5.0) We now have a pretty much continuous snare from judgement and an AoE blind/fear/disorient.(which will be amazing for RBGs!) , our healing is more than satisfactory, and we have way better holy power generation. I think Retribution will be great in MoP and I am aiming to go at least 2000+ rating in arenas if not Gladiator! Good luck!
    "Three Apples changed the World, 1st one seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton, and the 3rd was offered to the World half bitten by Steve Jobs."

  4. #4
    All I want is more damage on TV and HoW.

    That's it. Then I'll be content.

  5. #5
    Only peev I have is Emancipation is not usable while silenced.. like seriously.

  6. #6
    No matter how good you are on a ret, you will NEVER beat a mage or hunter that isn't afk.

  7. #7
    Dreadlord ipoststuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    889
    If you dont spec divine purpose you wont have any presure between cooldowns. The normal rotation doesnt simply have enough output. Its annoying that our lvl45 tier can all be dispelled.

  8. #8
    I find it it rubbish, the worst class so far. Damage is pants. Pvp is crap for rets.

  9. #9
    I certainly don't like it

  10. #10
    Blademaster Martinbella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    No matter how good you are on a ret, you will NEVER beat a mage or hunter that isn't afk.
    Challenge accepted.

  11. #11
    Ret paladins are completely and utter broken. Our damage in pvp compared to others is ridicolous low.

    Warriors locks and dks atm are looking to be the heros of this expansion.

    I played Paladin since vanilla but if blizzard aint changing this dmg output i'm kinda forced to play something else if i wanna be competitive both in pve/pvp.

    For example a lock critted me for a nice 140.000 dmg. And i have 49% res.

    My highest crit in a BG so far in mop, and ive done a few, is 50k. And im full HC dung geared/gearing up for pvp gear obv.

    BLizzard wake up please.

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Only peev I have is Emancipation is not usable while silenced.. like seriously.
    they should really get on that

    been pvping all day and I'm pretty sure Priests and Mages have been blinking and screaming while silenced.

    but rets seem pretty good

    i run around with 2 of them regularly, we wreck people, they do heals and stuff. i r loves them.

    For example a lock critted me for a nice 140.000 dmg. And i have 49% res.
    so what you're saying

    is that you let a destruction warlock freecast

    and that you only have like half of your gear.
    You get a thumbs up, pat on the back and a "way to go" from your label every day, looking boy
    Hey, looking boy, what you say looking boy? I get a "hell yeah" from Dre, looking boy
    I work for everything I have, never asked nobody for shit. Get outta my face, looking boy


  13. #13
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom.
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by Faxii View Post
    Ret paladins are completely and utter broken. Our damage in pvp compared to others is ridicolous low.

    Warriors locks and dks atm are looking to be the heros of this expansion.

    I played Paladin since vanilla but if blizzard aint changing this dmg output i'm kinda forced to play something else if i wanna be competitive both in pve/pvp.

    For example a lock critted me for a nice 140.000 dmg. And i have 49% res.

    My highest crit in a BG so far in mop, and ive done a few, is 50k. And im full HC dung geared/gearing up for pvp gear obv.

    BLizzard wake up please.
    you will hit higher once you have more pvp power, i am fully geared (honor ofc and conq shoulders) and i have done many 100k hammers and holy prisms.

    reference i have about 27% pvp power.
    i5-3570k | ASUS 670DCii-TOP | ASUS-P8Z77 | 8GB corsair vengeance | 2TB WD Caviar black

  14. #14
    Warchief Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    2,173
    I did some testing with some honor pvp gears as usual the burst is crazy with cds but our sustien dmg is so weak but overall we are way better than in Cataclysm because we have better mobility + reliable slow + undispellable, unstealable , unpurgable wings (this reason alone make me so happy).

    Our self heal got weaker than in Cata though but still not bad with glyph of flash of light + selfless healer talent.

  15. #15
    Mechagnome mypally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    C eh N eh D eh
    Posts
    537
    I find it frustrating at times. The self heals seem meh compared to other classes, the damage seems poor outside of wings, and it just feels like im meant to be a healer, since holy would really bring more to the table in between wings (basically, i feel like a pure support class, but the support I offer is situational only).

    I'm still having fun doing it some of the time, but when I see a warrior smack me for 30k+ every time, and i can maybe manage a 30k hit once every 6 seconds, it makes me sad. Add in the fact that healers can toss out 100k heals like candy, and you damage just seems pointless. I'm only about 1/4 geared though atm, so hoping there are some drastic changes when i get full pvp gear and a wep.
    Einstien trolled Newton so hard with general relativity

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    No matter how good you are on a ret, you will NEVER beat a mage or hunter that isn't afk.
    Hey bg hero the game isnt balanced arounded 1v1

  17. #17
    I'm horribly undergeared so I gave up on the "damage aspect" of ret atm and looked into how annoying I could be playing the support. Instant FoLs healing other players for 120k, double freedom/boping classes that could use it more than myself. Probably all stuff I could do as holy, but the damage option is still available.

  18. #18
    It's not horrible. Run Ret-Hunter-Shaman, and blow shit up.

    Also, sitting at 37% PvP power plus our 2 piece bonus, our damage isnt horrible outside of wings. We could use a little buff, yes... But it's not terrible.

    If we could see most of the people's armory that are on here complaining, we'd see they probably havent even reached 57% resilience or 35% pvp power.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 02:12 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by detri View Post
    you will hit higher once you have more pvp power, i am fully geared (honor ofc and conq shoulders) and i have done many 100k hammers and holy prisms.

    reference i have about 27% pvp power.
    This is bullshit.

    I have 37% pvp power and I've never seen a 100k HoW OR Prism crit. Dunno where you're getting your numbers from unless you're hitting unresilienced noobs.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by mypally View Post
    I find it frustrating at times. The self heals seem meh compared to other classes, the damage seems poor outside of wings, and it just feels like im meant to be a healer, since holy would really bring more to the table in between wings (basically, i feel like a pure support class, but the support I offer is situational only).

    I'm still having fun doing it some of the time, but when I see a warrior smack me for 30k+ every time, and i can maybe manage a 30k hit once every 6 seconds, it makes me sad. Add in the fact that healers can toss out 100k heals like candy, and you damage just seems pointless. I'm only about 1/4 geared though atm, so hoping there are some drastic changes when i get full pvp gear and a wep.
    The weapon will make a HUGE difference.. but it will for everyone else too.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    It's not horrible. Run Ret-Hunter-Shaman, and blow shit up.

    Also, sitting at 37% PvP power plus our 2 piece bonus, our damage isnt horrible outside of wings. We could use a little buff, yes... But it's not terrible.

    If we could see most of the people's armory that are on here complaining, we'd see they probably havent even reached 57% resilience or 35% pvp power.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 02:12 AM ----------



    This is bullshit.

    I have 37% pvp power and I've never seen a 100k HoW OR Prism crit. Dunno where you're getting your numbers from unless you're hitting unresilienced noobs.
    37% with full honor gear and 1 piece of conquest? Haven't gotten all the pieces yet so just wondering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •