Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    I laugh when people compare other MMOs to WoW and say that it has 5 times as much subscribers or more than any of them.
    Why are you ignoring the fact that most western MMOs don't launch in Asia, which is where more than half of WoW subscribers come from?
    If you want make a rightful comparison you should only consider the regions where both games exist.
    WoW has around 3-4mln subscribers in EU/NA. Yes, it's still more than any MMO here, but it's not 5 times as much.

  2. #242
    I am Murloc! Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    5,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    The hate is strong with this one.

    When people are forced to parse the numbers based on press releases you know their argument ,you know it is weak.

    The FS t is that 2.7 is incredibly strong and I expect it to grow as word of mouth spreads about how good this expansion is. My guess is we are back to 11-12 million in the near future.
    The love is strong with this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Why does every release have to break a recod for it to be good? So you mean to say any game that doesn't is crap and doomed to die?

    If it still beats every other mmo why are you not happy? What are you mad about, exactly?
    I never once said that.

    It sold like shit, and it brought back less than it should've, is all I'm saying.

    Hell, annual pass hasn't even expired yet.

    And why are you mad?
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Because TOR is far from dead.

    Get a grip.
    Well, as it reportedly has less than one million players and is developing a F2P option, what in your opinion constitutes "dead"? WoW now has over 10x the number of subscribers but you seem to think it's in terminal decline.

  4. #244
    So 3 ish million people play wow in Europe/US. Not the juggernaut it once was.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    2.7 Million copies in a week. It took a week, to get to that number. Seven days.

    All previous expansions took a day. Twenty-Four hours.

    It took seven times as long to get to just shy, but Below Wrath's numbers, and just above TBC.
    While that is true... I have to admit that it's splitting hairs. First week vs First day? All it means is MoP had a weaker first-day sales than previous expansions. If anything, by maybe a couple hundred thousand.

    Coming out of Cataclysm and the CRZ debacle... I'm even honestly surprised they actually sold 2.7 the first week! :P
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  6. #246
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Why does it always boil down to 'it still beats any other mmo', I don't give a fuck about any other MMO. If I'm playing WoW, I'm playing WoW. I'm not sitting here playing Rift, kicking a can down the street and mumbling 'Shucks, sure is nice to be them thar WoW players'.

    I care about how this impacts my game, I could give a fuck less about 'any other MMO'.
    Why does your argument always boil down to "it sold less than wrath/cata/bc"?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    I don't understand this. Why do people think that all AP holders hate the game? You really think that ALL 1.2 million players who have the AP will just quit when it's up? Well, I'm about to prove you wrong: I have the AP and don't plan on quitting.
    you also bought MoP. You notice the word "Some" in my quote? or did u just gloss over that? Some =/= ALL ty very much have a good day.

  8. #248
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    6,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    I care about how this impacts my game
    Well. Newsflash: It won't impact you or your game in any way or form whatsoever. Period.
    've is short for have. C/Sh/Would've or c/sh/would have. Not c/sh/would of.

  9. #249
    Forum Logic:

    If WoW, loses 900k subscribers in a quarter, it's a dying game. If it gains 900k subscribers in a quarter it's "abysmal."


  10. #250
    I am Murloc! Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    5,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Well, as it reportedly has less than one million players and is developing a F2P option, what in your opinion constitutes "dead"? WoW now has over 10x the number of subscribers but you seem to think it's in terminal decline.
    Not terminal decline, but decline yes.

    Your point?

    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Why does your argument always boil down to "it sold less than wrath/cata/bc"?
    Because it did? What do you want me to lie?

    Lol?

    Hence me saying it sold like shit?

    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    Forum Logic:

    If WoW, loses 900k subscribers in a quarter, it's a dying game. If it gains 900k subscribers in a quarter it's "abysmal."

    For a brand new expansion yeah, you better believe that's abysmal.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  11. #251
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Why does your argument always boil down to "it sold less than wrath/cata/bc"?
    Because that is where he gets a negative twist to this thread. "It sold less than X a few years ago so now Y game is dead" happens all the time with games. Overall the only negative things people can say is:

    Lower than previous - Obviously as the game has lost a lot of players in Cataclysm.
    10 million still not good - Still beats other subscription MMO's

    That's the only bad things someone can say, everything else is fine. Game sold well, subs are up. Happy days.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    So 3 ish million people play wow in Europe/US. Not the juggernaut it once was.
    I was thinking more like 5-6 million.

  13. #253
    I am Murloc! Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    5,001
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    That's the only bad things someone can say, everything else is fine. Game sold well, subs are up. Happy days.
    Yeah dude, whatever floats your boat.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

  14. #254
    I think it needs to be pointed out again that mope sold 2.7million in the first WEEK, while BC sold 2.4million on the first DAY. From those two figures it is fair to assume that BC sold more copies in the first week than mope did.

    Burning Crusade sold more copies than mope in a week, back when the game was still growing.
    WoW having more subs than SWTOR is the same thing as Justin Bieber having more youtube plays than Tupac. Just because its more popular doesn't mean its good.
    Warcraft Lore has gone from one of the most vast and interesting stories in all of gaming to a bad Thrall Fanfic by Chris Metzen.
    SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/2MpjV9 7 free days and other free stuff.

  15. #255
    Funny that 2.7M and people are saying it's low or the game is dying.

    Yet GW2 sold 2M, less than an 8 years old game expansion, yet it was seen as a huge success.

    Irony.
    This. MoP is not even a full game like GW2. It's simply an expansion. I'm not sure why people have astronomical expectations from WoW while they give the other MMOs some slack. But hey, bashing the most successful MMORPG out there must offer some degree of satisfaction.

  16. #256
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Not terminal decline, but decline yes.

    Your point?



    Because it did? What do you want me to lie?

    Lol?

    Hence me saying it sold like shit?
    You cant compare it to when the game was at its peak, its coming up on 9 years old now, its natural that it'll decline, all great empires eventually fall. Also this does not affect you or me in any way whatsoever, I dont see why you're putting such a huge emphasis on numbers like its the fucking end of the world.. of warcraft.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  17. #257
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Yeah dude, whatever floats your boat.
    Yes. It is actually. If you can be some die hard hate and doom talk then I can be happy and be positive. I guess I just hate people that only post negative things when there is a light in the room so to speak.

    Other posters are also annoyed it seems with your negative attitude which makes people angry. Someone has to be positive sometimes.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Not terminal decline, but decline yes.
    The decline was newsworthy in Wrath when the subs first dropped, the fact it is still in decline should be expected.

  19. #259
    Herald of the Titans Duridi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Teldrassil
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Holydorf View Post
    Indeed, it depends how you define competition and "falling flat on their face", too.
    I'm a fan too, but i'm also realistic.
    I stand my point. Good numbers all considered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Your actually pretty wrong here. In the NA/EU market those games competed fairly well. Swotr prolly had about 40% of the NA/EU market in terms of subs at its height. GW2 Sales wise had the same. I know alot of ppl like to throw out the 9.2 or the 10 or the 12 mil subs for WoW but you cant use those numbers when comparing to recent MMO launches. The NA/EU playerbase is somewhere between 4-5 million subscribers. So if swtor is pulling 2 mil at its height it was actually doing fairly well. Swtor isnt competing with Blizz in china so you cant add those numbers in. Thats like a US only restaurant chain competing against a EU/NA restaurant chain. The EU/NA chain is gonna make way more money and have a ton more customers just because of the fact that its area of distribution is bigger. The only thing the US chain is compeating with is the EU/NA resturants in the US.

    I forgot to mention "In comparison" after "falling flat on their face". Obviously other games appeal to their own audience. What I was getting as is that WoW is the game that has the broadest appeal of all, and it's still way above everyone else at that.

    Personally, I actually find it a bit sad. I am an ex-WoW player myself, but without any "new home". I have yet to find another appealing game to replace WoW, but I can't play WoW either because I don't like it anymore. Perhaps I am a mainstream player. I was also highly "addicted" to Mario in the 90's, aswell as Sonic and to go down to the even more simplistic type of game... Tetris. All games that have had major success and could easily be labeled as "mainstream".

    What I am saying is, we need another mainstream game, as the current competition doesn't seem to cut it. They get their audience, but it's far from as broad as WoW. Obviously, there could be many reasons why WoW became that mainstream game(timing of it's original release being one of them, followed by later attatchement to years of accomplishments people aren't willing to leave easily), but at the same time, knowing how picky I am, yet always fall for the mainstream games, I think it's more than that behind it.

  20. #260
    Warchief Saluin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The Slaughtered Lamb
    Posts
    2,196
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    You cant compare it to when the game was at its peak, its coming up on 9 years old now, its natural that it'll decline, all great empires eventually fall. Also this does not affect you or me in any way whatsoever, I dont see why you're putting such a huge emphasis on numbers like its the fucking end of the world.. of warcraft.
    This is also a good addition to what I said.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •