Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Maybe people wouldn't "provoke" arguments if the mods infracted those creating the arguments rather than banning those who dare to stand up to the nonsense.
    Slightly off-topic, but standing up to them doesn't really mean swearing at them. That's basicly what you did, even though you didn't really use any typical swear-words .

The only people who look bad here are people like you who are clearly butthurt the game isn't dying despite your repeated claims of the game having been destroyed.
    Okay dude, because I wasn't arguing sales numbers or anything.

Because I was totally advocating the game's demise. Even tho I'm playing it right now.

Huh.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

"We don't really have any idea what most players want." - GC

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Funny how that works huh. I actually like Mists.

The sales were still shit.
    Except they weren't.

And yes, yes you are advocating the game's demise. You're playing the game of very blatantly implying it, while then going back and hiding behind the fact that you didn't explicitly say it.

And so has Blizzard not that anyone will admit it.
    So in essence the initial sale of MoP is less than in Wrath and Cata? That's a decline in my book right there but we all know that the next few months will be the real test.
    Last edited by Infinitus; 2012-10-04 at 05:40 PM.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Funny thing with this, if these figured were for any other game, people would see it as a huge success. But because its wow and wow has its collection of doomsayers, of course it must be a flop.
    Blizzard games used to have way higher standarts than most other games. Not so much for their latest games trough, even Diablo 3 was a mediocore game :P

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Except they weren't.
    Except it took them a week to generate 2.7 in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Blizzard games used to have way higher standarts than most other games. Not so much for their latest games trough, even Diablo 3 was a mediocore game :P
    I think calling it 'mediocre' is letting it off too easy imo. But that's an entirely different forum.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

Except, as pointed out previously, 2% more of the player-base bought MoP than the Cataclysm player-base bought that expansion. But fine, keep ignoring anything but the big shiny number and pretending that you can just unequivocally compare them.

Except it took them a week to generate 2.7 in sales.
    Which isn't shit except in your biased world where WoW is garbage and is dying. Do we really have to quote the person's comment in the last page about percentages?

Math is difficult.

You live in the world where unless the game does phenomenally its a failed launch, and whenever it declines in the slightest, its dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Funny thing with this, if these figured were for any other game, people would see it as a huge success. But because its wow and wow has its collection of doomsayers, of course it must be a flop.
    There's a lot of that.

Left behind in all of this is how much profit Blizzard is making on the dramatic increase in digital sales. Of course that would be good news so those that really only hang around to criticize won't talk about that. This is the same as refusing to acknowledge that first-day or first-week expansion sales when you have a player population that's some significant percentage smaller than 20 months ago are very likely to be less as well. Holidays are coming up which is another thing that people with agendas aren't really talking about. Expansion sales in November-December are somewhat different animals than expansion sales in September-October. Sales for months 3 and 4 are likely to be better than in the past for months 3-4, especially if they drop 5.1 and it's a decent addition to the game.

At the end of the day though the game goes on with 8-10 million players which is pretty remarkable for an eight-year-old game. If Blizzard can (at last) figure out how to deliver updates on a faster basis it may bring more people back over the longer term than otherwise.

Overall, I'd say they did OK with the first week. Not astounding but not terrible either. And for profits, I'm guessing they're very pleased.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Which isn't shit except in your biased world where WoW is garbage and is dying. Do we really have to quote the person's comment in the last page about percentages?

Math is difficult.
    That entire wall of text fails to realize that it took them a week to generate those sales. Which deflates the entire argument.

Also what world of bias and WoW dying?

I'm playing the fucking game right now lol?

If it wasn't in a net decline, then I wouldn't say it's declining. That's right, it is declining.

I'm playing the fucking game right now lol?
    Playing the game doesn't absolve you of what you're doing. But its cute that you think it does.

That entire wall of text fails to realize that it took them a week to generate those sales. Which deflates the entire argument.
    No, it really doesn't. Except to you.

If it wasn't in a net decline, then I wouldn't say it's declining. That's right, it is declining.
    Only a biased person says a sub increase is a decline. How long are you going to hold onto the 12 million figure from late Wrath? Are we going to be comparing the 6th expansion with the 12 million mark, and if its not reached it, its declining? Nobody looks at figures like that outside of a biased party looking to bash something.

Funny how that works huh. I actually like Mists.

I know we're trying to be nice, but can we get some infractions going here. The debate has become "forget your ideas, mine are right."
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

Playing the game doesn't absolve you of what you're doing. But its cute that you think it does.

No, it really doesn't. Except to you.
    I don't care if it absolves me of anything. Despite what you want to think, I'm merely pointing out bad sales.

People are just blatantly ignoring numbers, why I don't know.

Otherwise, you're just projecting nothing at this point and it's getting kind of embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I know we're trying to be nice, but can we get some infractions going here. The debate has become "forget your ideas, mine are right."
    That goes both ways chief.

Otherwise, you're just projecting at this point and it's getting kind of embarrassing.
    --REMOVED--

Don't post video spam
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-04 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    They subscribe to the Jim Lehrer school of moderation.

I love how you think that a week is an extremely long amount of time and that it took them a week to make 2.7 million sales means that it sold horribly. Furthermore we have no idea how those numbers are broken down. Sure it could have sold 1 million on the first day an the other 2.7 the next 6. Or it cold have sold 2.5 million the first day and another .2 over the next 6 days. Either way and I'm starting to beat my head against the desk trying to explain this to you (which is probably what you're going for) 2.7 million in a day or in a week can't be construed as selling like shit.

--REMOVED--

Don't post video spam
    How long were you waiting to use that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I love how you think that a week is an extremely long amount of time and that it took them a week to make 2.7 million sales means that it sold horribly. Furthermore we have no idea how those numbers are broken down. Sure it could have sold 1 million on the first day an the other 2.7 the next 6. Or it cold have sold 2.5 million the first day and another .2 over the next 6 days. Either way and I'm starting to beat my head against the desk trying to explain this to you (which is probably what you're going for) 2.7 million in a day or in a week can't be construed as selling like shit.
    2.7 In a week is selling like shit.

Because if it sold 1 Million in 24hrs, then it sold 1 Million in 24 hrs. The rest of the sales goes towards it's first months sales.

But here, since it's selling 2.7 in a week, you've only three weeks of sales to tack onto it as it's first months sales, as well as the six days it's included in it's initial weekly purchase.

All of which are sub-par in terms of comparative sales. It doesn't need to break records, but sheesh I'd like it to at least stack up with Wrath and TBC in terms of initial 24hr sales.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-04 at 06:04 PM.

Herald of the Titans crakerjack's Avatar
    This doesn't mean anything... From what I've been reading and watching on twitch... most high end players aren't enjoying MoP... everyone tried to make it sound amazing, but in all honesty, the glory was during the questing. With no real antagonist, it leaves the player base bored and non-motivated because we're not working our way towards a final boss who's destined to destroy Azzeroth. Why can't people just acknowledge the fact that WoW is a dying game. When most of the main lore has been used up, it leaves little room for new original lore. Another interesting fact is that the game is old... not many people take that into consideration... how old? Well to be precise, it was released the same year and month as Counter Strike: Source. Graphics in games are drastically surpassing WoW and anyone who tries to argue that is a complete fool... For the game to continue on, it would have to have a whole new graphics engine, which would cost WAY too much for blizzard/activision to care.

So what I'm saying is... why do people create threads trying to argue that fact that WoW is a dying game? Why can't you accept it and just move on? If you disagree, then keep your opinion to yourself. Like I said before, 2.7 million doesn't mean anything... the first quarter of an expansion will always look good... hell, I'm probably considered an active member of this quarter because of the 7 free days they handed out prior to the expansion. All this thread is doing is manipulating... making people think that WoW is still amazing and can carry on... far from.

Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

These numbers seem similar to hard copy sales, majority did buy digital after all
    And Already The World Looks A Little Less Bright.....

Scarab Lord
    Because I was totally advocating the game's demise.
    You're reveling in the negativity of this whole situation, and you're acting as a doomsayer. Conscious of the fact or not, doing it on purpose or not, you actually are doing just that; advocating, trying to bring forth, the game's demise.
    've is short for have. C/Sh/Would've or c/sh/would have. Not c/sh/would of.