Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Regardless of being in the cataclysm expansion T11 actually was a really good tier.
    No it wasn't. Even blizz themselves admitted that it was horribly overtuned. It was a failure and the cause of Abyssal Maw's cancellation.
    For some reason they decided to never nerf it much though, heroic T11 still remains completely unnerfed to this day. There are still many wipefests going on there with full DS heroic geared 85s.

  2. #42
    To the people who question the numbers. This is the same as every xpac. Cata sold 3.3 with subscriber base over 10 million. Wrath sold x million with subscriber base over 8 or 9 million. This has been the case for every single xpac. Not everybody upgrades in the first week. There's also over 6 million asian based players where MoP hasn't gone live yet.

    This is normal.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No it wasn't. Even blizz themselves admitted that it was horribly overtuned. It was a failure and the cause of Abyssal Maw's cancellation.
    For some reason they decided to never nerf it much though, heroic T11 still remains completely unnerfed to this day. There are still many wipefests going on there with full DS heroic geared 85s.
    Okay, I can get behind "Cata was a shitty expansion", but to complain about a tier because retarded people are wiping on it is pathetic.

    People cleared the tier with tier-current gear, plenty of people did. It's not the devs fault if your friends are idiots.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    2.7 millions of any games is not a small feat. MoP is NOT by any consideration a flop, it is a financial success undeniably. To the 2.7 millions copy, you have to add at very least, 2.7 millions of month of sub, because you need to register at least a month to be able to play MoP.

    However

    This is less a success that wolk and cataclysm were and relatively speaking, i would say less a success than TBC was. Why do i say that.

    Well TBC sold 2.4 millions in 24 hours and 3.51 millions in a month (i don't have the number for the first week). But TBC was release when wow had 5 millions players, cataclysm had 9 millions.

    So for me relatively speaking, MoP is the least succesful WoW extension to date, but, time will tell the rest.
    Yep it also shows how sub numbers from blizz is just PR, most of them come from Korea and China.

  5. #45
    Wow at the people who did not know that Cata sold 3.3 in the FIRST DAY thinking that 2.7 mil in the first most frontloaded week is "good" for WoW, it is a significant step down

  6. #46
    Its on the front news now, maybe we can consolidate posts there?

  7. #47
    These numbers are very good.
    Seems that MoP already got 900K players resubbed in the first week.

  8. #48
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    18,554
    So the 8 year old dead game sold more copies on the latest x-pac than the last alleged WoW killer?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by talmar View Post
    To the people who question the numbers. This is the same as every xpac. Cata sold 3.3 with subscriber base over 10 million. Wrath sold x million with subscriber base over 8 or 9 million. This has been the case for every single xpac. Not everybody upgrades in the first week. There's also over 6 million asian based players where MoP hasn't gone live yet.

    This is normal.
    You're wrong all other expansion sales are the FIRST DAY, MoP is one week it's a step down and asian people don't pay for expansions.

  10. #50
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    No it wasn't. Even blizz themselves admitted that it was horribly overtuned. It was a failure and the cause of Abyssal Maw's cancellation.
    For some reason they decided to never nerf it much though, heroic T11 still remains completely unnerfed to this day. There are still many wipefests going on there with full DS heroic geared 85s.
    You cant blame devs for people's stupidity or the fact that you cant faceroll through it with DS heroic gear. People managed to clear it with T11 gear, so it cant be that hard, right?
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-10-04 at 02:22 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    Wow at the people who did not know that Cata sold 3.3 in the FIRST DAY thinking that 2.7 mil in the first most frontloaded week is "good" for WoW, it is a significant step down
    It's less but hardly a 'significant' reduction. MoP has to recover from the disaster that was Cataclysm. It seems that Blizzard is well on the way to doing that. I would expect 4 million sales by the end of December and once China and the rest of the Asian subscription base is added to the numbers, subscriptions will be back up around 11 million. Exactly what other MMORPG can boast those numbers?

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by jayishere View Post
    Time to start finding a new game...obviously WoW is now dead
    Whats with the pack mentality? Who cares how many people play a game as long as you like it. I really hope you don't pick your music/movies/etc with this same attitude...but if so, I guess twilight and justin beiber are the best! lol?

  13. #53
    High Overlord Fuggan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    127
    In before the WoW is dead [sarcasm]


    ... oh wait
    Legendary Blogging - http://www.fugpugs.com/

  14. #54
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    During the first week of launch, prior to the release in China on October 2, the expansion had already sold through approximately 2.7 million copies
    Even less than Cata and with even easier access to the game.

    Also with that sentence watch Blizzard spin the China numbers, despite no one from the US nor EU plays with them to count as a player population. It's like comparing the population of GW2, they don't play with WoW players...and neither do the Chinese.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    It's less but hardly a 'significant' reduction. MoP has to recover from the disaster that was Cataclysm. It seems that Blizzard is well on the way to doing that. I would expect 4 million sales by the end of December and once China and the rest of the Asian subscription base is added to the numbers, subscriptions will be back up around 11 million. Exactly what other MMORPG can boast those numbers?
    How do you find well on its way, when we have nothing but one number which was to be expected (there will always be an initial burst after an expansion)? To say "well on its way", you'd need at least 2-3 figures, a pattern.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  16. #56
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,224
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    You cant blame devs for people's stupidity or the fact that you cant faceroll through it with DS heroic gear. People managed to clear it with T11 gear.
    By people you surely mean the top guilds only. On many realms not a single guild managed to clear it completely though.

  17. #57
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Yeah something really weird about that.
    Whats weird? There are a few in my guild that still don't have MoP but still have a sub.

  18. #58
    Lower than Cata sales were expected and MOP will be a slow burn however the expansion is great. That is what matters most and sub numbers will be fine. Back to 10 million plus just shows MOP is doing well. So far I am sure MOP has potential to match Crusade and Wrath based on how fun it is so far.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    By people you surely mean the top guilds only. On many realms not a single guild managed to clear it completely though.
    Then maybe you shouldn't be doing hardmodes. Other normal people can do it, not even top guilds, just raiding guilds, then why can't you?
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  20. #60
    All I know is that when trying to get Spawn of Onyxia and Minfernal, the places always have at least a half dozen people flying around. So whether there are 10 million, 20 million or 12 people, they all seem to be at the place I am every hour of every day regardless. :P


    Quote Originally Posted by slummish
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •