Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    The fact is that they sold almost 3 million copies of a "dying trash game". Period. Haters gonna` hate. Im moving on to the class forums now to discuss PvP. Good day haters, Im glad you all finally got to taste your own feet. Hope you packed salt.
    Fuck off.

I'm not a hater. I enjoy the game, but the truth is that my ego doesn't depend on the sales of Blizzard or on making the sales appear better than they were. I'd enjoy the game even if there'd been only a few hundred thousand subscribers, as was the originally subscriber goal Blizzard had for the game.

These sales numbers do nothing but proove that the game is currently in a natural state of decline, and HOPEFULLY, for everyone else who enjoys the game like me they'll be able to turn this around or counter this a bit with high quality content patches during MoP.

But don't call everyone a hater who isn't pretending that this was a great success. These sales numbers, in perspective of past sales, ARE a disappointment and Blizzard themselves knows it too. Fact. End of discussion.

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-04 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    These results thus make MoP the least succesful expansion to date. TBC had better sales numbers than this back when the game only had roughly 5 million subscribers.

Pretty obvious and expected, the game is in a natural state of decline. Next expansion they'll have to be glad to be able to make 2 million copies sold unless they make MoP a really memorable experience that'll blow people out of their seats.

From what I've heard the new subscribers are much younger than usual by a large margin too, so maybe Blizzard will be able to impress a younger generation with their game to expand their future subscriber base, but the older generations seem to be abandoning the game.
    BC launched with just over 8 million subscriptions. Selling 2.4 million with 8 million subscriptions is about the same as selling 2.7 million with 9 million subscriptions.

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    If you are going to do that you need to give WoW's western subs only, because none of the other AAA western MMOs lump up all their worldwide subs into one number for release. All the other western MMOs only release their western subs number.

So really, your number for "bragging" is more like 3-4 million. Still higher than the competition, but not as high as you guys like to make it sound.
    And if we want to take out eastern numbers then WoW hasn't lost as many subscriptions since it's peak in Wrath. As has been stated at every earnings call where subscriptions have been lost the majority of them were from the east.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If anyone was expecting that there wouldn't be an initial burst after an expansion, then they were being idiots. Of course there's an initial burst, it's an expansion. But the burst doesn't set the stage, they have to hold the people who have already quit before, which will be harder than holding them the first time. It will fall back down every quarter until the next expansion.
    I agree, after subs first started declining in Wrath it became a matter of how steep the dive and how big the bursts.

2.7 million copies sold yet 10 mill players to the playerbase. It's funny watching people try to turn water into wine with such low numbers. 2.7 but weres the other 6.3 million? Or did all the fanboys forgot how to do math? Lets not forget the official annual report is in a couple months . A lot of sub losses can happen between now and then.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    BC launched with just over 8 million subscriptions. Selling 2.4 million with 8 million subscriptions is about the same as selling 2.7 million with 9 million subscriptions.

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 10:25 AM ----------

And if we want to take out eastern numbers then WoW hasn't lost as many subscriptions since it's peak in Wrath. As has been stated at every earnings call where subscriptions have been lost the majority of them were from the east.
    BC's 2.4 million was in one day. MOP's 2.7 million is in a whole week. Blizzard is presenting the numbers in a way that the typical user is less likely to notice how bad it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarebusta View Post
    BC's 2.4 million was in one day. MOP's 2.7 million is in a whole week. Blizzard is fudging the numbers to make it look less bad than it is.
    How are those numbers fudged?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png[COLOR="red"]
    Except 2.4 million is for the first day, and 2.7 million is for the first week. Since BC was at 3.5m at the first month, it would have been around 2.7m-3.2m after the first week (obviously the sales are stacked towards to the start of the one month period). This is pretty much proof that the proportion of Chinese subs has increased.

These numbers are pretty terrible for Blizzard, and people trying to spin them to look good are being pretty pathetic. 50% of the voters thought that Pandailia would sell more than 3.3 in the first DAY in the poll on here, and now they are moving the goalposts.
    Last edited by laserguns; 2012-10-04 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Like this guy. Perfect example. It's still lost from it's peak of players. It hasn't sold anywhere near what the previous ones did. None of that matters though. GET OUT YE HATERS I HAVE DECRIED SALES ARE FINE. The shareholders are probably more rational. We'll see what the stock does and what the market expectations were like...
    Wrath sold 100,000 more copies in a week. Wrath had more subscribers.

Cata far outsold any expansion, and most of those people hated it.

MoP is legitimately loved by those who played it. But the three groups I mentioned have been on the internet waging a crusade to kill WoW.

Well the mystique is gone. ToR self destructed, GW2 is treading water, while WoW gained back the 1 million subscribers.

You may be entitled to your game, your opinions, and your internet access; but you are not entitled to your own facts. WoW isn't crap, dead, or dying. And any statements to the contrary will be quickly rebuffed.
    Sometimes I think I should have rolled a Priest....

Quote Originally Posted by blupparen View Post
    2.7m bough mop and the rest is playing cata or older? Think for a moment
    Of the 10 million subscribers 5 million or so are asian subs. WoW China/Korea + NA/EU = 10million.

WoW NA/EU MoP = 2.7m. So as of the first week half the people that were subbed to WoW got MoP. A 20% sales reduction from Cata so it seems about right on track with the trends. By the end of the month I expect the number to be around 3.5m bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    By hiding the first day sales and trying to stretch it as far as they can with the 1 week sales.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    We'll see what the stock does and what the market expectations were like...
    Currently the stock is down 0.71% sitting at 11.15 from an opening of 11.23 so guess the markets aren't pleased with the news, so far. It was 11.17 when I started writing this lol

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

You may be entitled to your game, your opinions, and your internet access; but you are not entitled to your own facts.
    Looks like someone watched the debate last night. Well played.

You may be entitled to your game, your opinions, and your internet access; but you are not entitled to your own facts. WoW isn't crap, dead, or dying. And any statements to the contrary will be quickly rebuffed.
    It's hard to take you seriously when you tell us we're not entitled to facts, and then your first example is an opinion.

Here's a fact: WoW is in a worse place than it was when Cata released and when WoTLK released (in terms of growth). You can't refute that.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If anyone was expecting that there wouldn't be an initial burst after an expansion, then they were being idiots. Of course there's an initial burst, it's an expansion. But the burst doesn't set the stage, they have to hold the people who have already quit before, which will be harder than holding them the first time. It will fall back down every quarter until the next expansion.
    Pretty much going exactly as predicted by the so called "haters". Initial burst followed by a steep decline in the coming quarters. Most of these people like the one you quoted had ridiculous predictions of 3 or 4 million 1 day sales. And now are celebrating 2.7 million in one week. I had predicted 2 million one day sales which is probably spot on. I doubt one day numbers are ever released due to how attrocious they are(compared to prior expansions), but am satisifed knowing like usual I am probably right.

GW2 is treading water
    ROFLMAO!!! The game has no sub, and is approaching 3 million sold copies. Hardly treading water, they have more than made back their investment and then some.

Wow... it was so bad they didn't even bother saying what the first-day sales were.

The Burning Crusade - 2.4M First Day, 3.5M First Month
    Wrath of the Lich King - 2.8M First Day, 4M First Month
    Cataclysm - 3.3M First Day, 4.7M First Month

Then they just say MoP sold 2.7 million copies. They don't tell you how many sold the first day, probably because the number is no where near these last 3 expansions first day sales. All in all I am enjoying the game and I got it for free.
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I corrected my statement. They aren't fudged, but they are presented as to deceive those who aren't precise.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    ROFLMAO!!! The game has no sub, and is approaching 3 million sold copies. Hardly treading water, they have more than made back their investment and then some.
    I hope so. Arenanet will need some cash to fix their horrible, broken, joke of an endgame. Hopefully sooner rather than later, as they are bleeding players fast.

Ouch, sold less than Wrath did.

That can't be good :<

MoP is legitimately loved by those who played it. But the three groups I mentioned have been on the internet waging a crusade to kill WoW.

Well the mystique is gone. ToR self destructed, GW2 is treading water, while WoW gained back the 1 million subscribers.

I took the liberty of highlighting this so you'll take your own advice and get your shit together.

ToR is far from dead. I hate to break it to you.

And GW2 is anything but treading water. I don't know where you got that from, but it seems you're just saying it to make yourself feel better?

WoW gained back 900,000. Nice. But it needs, and I stress needs to not lose those by next quarter. Or we're screwed once again.

Also, please don't quote Romney if you're only going to screw it up and make yourself look bad.
    Last edited by Conscious; 2012-10-04 at 03:41 PM.
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.