Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So the 8 year old dead game sold more copies on the latest x-pac than the last alleged WoW killer?
    I wish I could post this on the front page.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2012-10-04 at 02:41 PM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So the 8 year old dead game sold more copies on the latest x-pac than the last alleged WoW killer?

In just one week, yes. The only ones that can kill WoW are WoW itself or time.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    You realize there are more countries in Asia besides China, don't you?? some geography lessons would be great.-
    yes i know, i'd probably incapable of accuratly drawing a map of the asian continent, but i have a decent knowledge of the major asian country and rough location on the map, including some less known like bengladesh, laos or thailand.

Bu i don't understand where you going with this though.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    WOW 2.7 millions for a subscription MMO is good, and an expansion too.

A few friends havent picked up MoP yet because were disappointed with Cataclysm, though they're all hinting at buying soon as I keep telling them it's nothing like Cata ... and much better.

I still haven't bought MOP yet. Im horribly busy at work and didn't seem like the right time to start a new expansion. For once I happy about waiting til the server que's are down to normal, the fighting over nodes has died down and the fighting over quest mobs. I will happily take my time lvling my toons when I get around to it, no hurries

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Hopefully this shuts up all the people saying MoP was just going to drive away the old players. lol
    I played for 7 years without once ever cancelling my subscription in all that time. MOP drove me away. I cancelled the week before it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    WoW isn't the MMO titan it used to be.
    It still is. My concern is it turned out to be a huge kid magnet with all these Kung-fu pandas and Pokemons.

WOW has come long way from the Draenei's genocide and Arthas' father murdering... to Po panda and Bulbasaur.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-04 at 03:12 PM.

Deleted
    Very good numbers imho, considering rising competition and the (totally unjustified), bad reputation that Cata had.
    /clap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    The rest are bots
    LOL!
    Sooo true hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshaman View Post
    It still is. My concern is it turned out to be a huge kid magnet with all these Kung-fu pandas and Pokemons.

WOW has come long way from the Draenei's genocide and Arthas' father murdering... to Po panda and Bulbasaur.
    Do you actually know the story behind the pandaren?
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Err...How is WoW the MMO titan it used to be? This expansion didn't sell as much as previous expansions, and the game has been consistently losing subscribers for a couple years now. Furthermore, the typical "spike" of returning players that happens with expansion releases failed to bring the game back above the 12 million mark.
    Oh so 12 million is the magic number Wow needs to be the "MMO titan"? Please. No other MMO has ever come close to matching World of Warcraft, and they are still going strong. Don't even dismiss 10 million subs like its nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Do you actually know the story behind the pandaren?
    Yep, one of them beat an alliance and horde warrior simultaneously with his bare hands. Much like Po did.

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    Wow at the people who did not know that Cata sold 3.3 in the FIRST DAY thinking that 2.7 mil in the first most frontloaded week is "good" for WoW, it is a significant step down
    No, 2.7 mil in the first week is good when you look at the factors coming into MoP.

• A lost in subs from the groups that buy x-pacs combined with people jaded with Blizzard
    • GW2 - Love it or hate it some of WoW's player base is playing it and my hold off buying MoP until they get bored of GW2( if they ever do)
    • Pandas and WoW pokemon - Kiddie theme x-pac to some who may not buy the x-pac or wait until they see how raiding goes/how the next patch is.
    • Lastly people are just not as excited for it as they were with WotLK/Cata meaning people are not in a rush to get the x-pac in the few days/weeks of it.

Cata sold 3.3 in the first day but did that make Cata the best x-pac looking back at it? In my opinion it is good that MoP has under sold because it will help Blizzard to keep thinking that they need to push harder to keep the subs they gained from slipping back down. A little failure can be good because it forces them to up the quaility of what they put out because it proves that the people paying for the game will not take crap spray painted gold.

Now if we could just keep them thinking people will leave the game we maybe able to get new character models now instead of in the next x-pac.

Err...How is WoW the MMO titan it used to be? This expansion didn't sell as much as previous expansions, and the game has been consistently losing subscribers for a couple years now. Furthermore, the typical "spike" of returning players that happens with expansion releases failed to bring the game back above the 12 million mark.
    This xpac sold more copies then the new games from competitors. It has more subscriptions then any other and most games combined. Blizzards revenue far exceeds rivals. Just because subs are down 2 million from it's peak, which would be very difficult to sustain anyway, in no way says that WoW still isn't a titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    So I am not a math wiz, but how do you get from 2.7mil to 10mil?
    Creative number crunching.

Quote Originally Posted by romara View Post
    Creative number crunching.
    Or having a clue what the numbers mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    Exactly what other MMORPG can boast those numbers?
    If you are going to do that you need to give WoW's western subs only, because none of the other AAA western MMOs lump up all their worldwide subs into one number for release. All the other western MMOs only release their western subs number.

So really, your number for "bragging" is more like 3-4 million. Still higher than the competition, but not as high as you guys like to make it sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow those sales are disappointing. WoW is obviously dead since it didn't sell a trillion copies on the stroke of midnight.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    From what I've heard the new subscribers are much younger than usual by a large margin too, so maybe Blizzard will be able to impress a younger generation with their game to expand their future subscriber base, but the older generations seem to be abandoning the game.
    LoL what? Where did you hear that bullshit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    Lower than Cata sales were expected and MOP will be a slow burn however the expansion is great. That is what matters most and sub numbers will be fine. Back to 10 million plus just shows MOP is doing well. So far I am sure MOP has potential to match Crusade and Wrath based on how fun it is so far.
    I created a monk a half hour after launch and have played nothing since... this morning before work a logged in and played a bit and my Pandaren Monk dinged 88. I'm finding this expansion to be great fun. The Monk class is fresh feeling. Feeling like a real new class unlike how the DK felt like to me back in Wrath. I admit I hated powerleveling like a madman through the old content to catch up with my guild but once I hit 85 I told my GM I wanted to declare my Monk my main and intended to raid and either MT or OT with her. I honestly haven't been this "excited" about progression since TBC and I've been around since before Vanilla.

Haters will Hate. They need to find their own forums already. I'm sure today's news have them foaming. WoW is on the uptick again. "KungFu Panda" is becoming a success! As more the "On the Fencers" and "Waiting and See'ers" catch wind, the momentum will just build.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.