Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Good job to Blizzard here, incredible expansion that adds so much more content which is a good change from the Cataclysm.

Let's hope growth continues and the "wow is dead" talk can be put to bed.
    There isn't any growth to speak of.. Good lord people. If this was the first time WoW had hit 10m, yes it would be considered growth. But it's not, the game is still at a net loss.

Deleted
    I love how the fanboys just keep trying to bring GW2 into the argument because their beloved game faiiled hard.

Don't troll
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-04 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    There isn't any growth to speak of.. Good lord people. If this was the first time WoW had hit 10m, yes it would be considered growth. But it's not, the game is still at a net loss.
    It is growth, it was 9.1 million or something before MOP now it is at 10 million + which means growth happened. Simple. Why are you negative constantly anyway, should be happy

If MoP's 2.7 million sales is for a whole week... how is it a huge succes compared to Cata's 3.3 million sales at day one?

10+ Year Old Account
    I laugh at the people who were like "Wow'z will never reach over 10 million again, you suck Stenchslash".
    Hah, take that Internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Wrath sold 100,000 more copies in a week. Wrath had more subscribers.

Cata far outsold any expansion, and most of those people hated it.

MoP is legitimately loved by those who played it. But the three groups I mentioned have been on the internet waging a crusade to kill WoW.

Well the mystique is gone. ToR self destructed, GW2 is treading water, while WoW gained back the 1 million subscribers.

You may be entitled to your game, your opinions, and your internet access; but you are not entitled to your own facts. WoW isn't crap, dead, or dying. And any statements to the contrary will be quickly rebuffed.
    Preach on brother, preach on.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

There we go, finally some proof - wow is alive and well. Hopefully now we can move on from wow is dying posts and MoP is disappointing already posts. Obviously MoP is a success and more people love it than hate it. For all the people that don't like it and come here to post, Go F yourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is growth, it was 9.1 million or something before MOP now it is at 10 million + which means growth happened. Simple. Why are you negative constantly anyway, should be happy
    Because we've been at 10 million before, you're looking at it the wrong way. We're still down what, a couple million subscribers?

That's not a gain in my book until we're past 12 million again. Otherwise we're just creating an illusion of success, and that's not fair to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    I laugh at the people who were like "Wow'z will never reach over 10 million again, you suck Stenchslash".
    Hah, take that Internet.
    Considering it's sales, you'd better hope it keeps these subscriptions. If 900,000 was the best we could get for come-back numbers, I'm worried.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    There we go, finally some proof - wow is alive and well.
    2.7 over a week is probably not Blizzard's idea of 'alive and well', nor is only 900k people coming back.
    Last edited by Conscious; 2012-10-04 at 03:54 PM.

To many random WoW haters on these forums. Are you guys seriously arguing that selling 2.7 million copies + increasing to over 10 million subs again is a failure in an 8 year old game?

I mean seriously?

Name one other 8 year old game that has come close to these numbers (heck name a current game).
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

It isn't. If sales of coca cola has increased in a quarter they will also call it growth. Doesn't matter if it is an all time high in coke sales or not.
    Investors look at quarters or years. Not at numbers from times long ago.

Same for statistics. If trains running late is on the rise, they talk about this year vs last year or this quarter vs last quarter. Not vs the train service in 1982
    Last edited by Bolson13; 2012-10-04 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    It isn't. If sales of coca cola has increased in a quarter they will also call it growth. Doesn't matter if it is an all time high in coke sales or not.
    And then they calculate that based on annual sales.

Quarterly growth =/= actual growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    To many random WoW haters on these forums. Are you guys seriously arguing that selling 2.7 million copies + increasing to over 10 million subs again is a failure in an 8 year old game?.
    Those numbers were over a period of 7 days, versus Cataclysm's one.

They only managed to bring back 900k people.

It's sold less than Wrath.

I don't know where you're seeing success, if only you're just trying to find something to be positive about. No harm in that I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    I love how the fanboys just keep trying to bring GW2 into the argument because their beloved game faiiled hard.
    I laughed out loud, also quite true. I don't want to see anyone's game fail, buuuuutttttttttt, with the amount of vitriol myself and other WoW lovers have had to endure from both of these groups over the past year I take a lot of pleasure in seeing the king of all MMO's back to it's rightful place.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    I laughed out loud, also quite true. I don't want to see anyone's game fail, buuuuutttttttttt, with the amount of vitriol myself and other WoW lovers have had to endure from both of these groups over the past year I take a lot of pleasure in seeing the king of all MMO's back to it's rightful place.
    If this is it's 'rightful place', then It won't be here much longer. You can't have dismal numbers like this on an expansion release and expect it to still be called 'king' in a couple of months. No where near realistic.

so basically blizz is still hanging onto the Annual pass Sub base of 1.2 mil players some of whom arnt going to resub once it ends. And you added those who came back for mists. Really nothing to see here. Its going to go down in a month or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Its going to go down in a month or so.
    The GW2 sig and avatar is not helping me take your statement seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    There we go, finally some proof - wow is alive and well.
    There was never actually any proof otherwise. Folks (wow players and non players alike) simply love declaring games that they don't personally play as "dead". Call it a side effect of self-importance syndrome.

Because it is not growth. Growth means exceeding your previous state. World of WarCraft's previous state has at a time been a bit more than 9 million subscribers, but before that it was well above 12 million. So, until it gets to that 12 milliom + once more, it is not growth, it is recovery. You can brandish it as growth, but that is, like Blizzard's press release, a deceiving move. Because just like a lot of people did not realise that there was no first-day sales figure for Mists, but an attempt to compare the first-week sales with those of the first-day sales of previous expansions, so in the case of growth, one can name recovery growth, but it is nothing but an attempt to deceive the perception of people. When you tell someone that there is growth in a game's profits, what he understands is that the game is making more money than ever, not that it is making more money than a specific period of time. Most people don't associate growth with recovery. They prefer recovery to be named exactly that, recovery. It is of course up to the individual to name recovery whatever he wants to, but he shouldn't expect others to agree with his naming. And so, for most people, not about this game, but sales in general, growth means treading new ground, not reclaiming lost one.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2012-10-04 at 04:05 PM.

And then they calculate that based on annual sales.

Quarterly growth =/= actual growth.

Quarterly or annual growth is still growth. They don't say coca cola's sales have grown for the first time in 50 years because they passed the 1962 sales record right? That is not how it works in sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    Because it is not growth. Growth means exceeding your previous state. World of WarCraft's previous state has at a time been a bit more than 9 million subscribers, but before that it was well above 12 million. So, until it gets to that 12 milliom + one more, it is not growth, it is recovery. You can brandish it as growth, but that is, like Blizzard's prsee release, a deceiving move. Because just like a lot of people did not realise that there was no first-day sales figure for Mists, but an attempt to compare the first-week sales with those of the first-day sales of previous expansions, so in the case of growth, one can name recovery growth, but it is nothing buit an attempt to deceive the perception of people. When you tell someone that there is growth in a game's profits, what he understands is that the game is making more money than ever, not that it is making more koney than a specific period of time. Most people don't associate growth with recovery. They prefer recovery to be named exactly that, recovery. It is of course up to the individual to name recovery whatever he wants to, but he shouldn't expect others to agree with his naming. And so, for most people, not about this game, but sales in general, growth means treading new ground, not reclaiming lost one.
    Yeah, another user corrected me. Thank you for your statement however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Quarterly or annual growth is still growth. They don't say coca cola's sales have grown for the first time in 50 years because they passed the 1962 sales record right? That is not how it works in sales.
    With a game that has a monthly revenue model, based on subscribers, yes it very much is how growth works.

Quote Originally Posted by Drithiend View Post
    Because it is not growth. Growth means exceeding your previous state. World of WarCraft's previous state has at a time been a bit more than 9 million subscribers, but before that it was well above 12 million. So, until it gets to that 12 milliom + one more, it is not growth, it is recovery. You can brandish it as growth, but that is, like Blizzard's press release, a deceiving move. Because just like a lot of people did not realise that there was no first-day sales figure for Mists, but an attempt to compare the first-week sales with those of the first-day sales of previous expansions, so in the case of growth, one can name recovery growth, but it is nothing buit an attempt to deceive the perception of people. When you tell someone that there is growth in a game's profits, what he understands is that the game is making more money than ever, not that it is making more money than a specific period of time. Most people don't associate growth with recovery. They prefer recovery to be named exactly that, recovery. It is of course up to the individual to name recovery whatever he wants to, but he shouldn't expect others to agree with his naming. And so, for most people, not about this game, but sales in general, growth means treading new ground, not reclaiming lost one.

All of this.