Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Because they don't equate sub numbers to quality. And their also not in fucking denial.
    Unfortunately for you, subscription numbers are the only real, quantifiable means to judge the quality of a game. If people didn't like it, people wouldn't play it. Logic is not on your side, I'm afraid.

I'm curious as to how you quantify a game's 'quality'. Please, elaborate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by strossus001 View Post
    Unfortunately for you, subscription numbers are the only real, quantifiable means to judge the quality of a game. If people didn't like it, people wouldn't play it. Logic is not on your side, I'm afraid.

Not really and frankly if you apply this to art and entertainment as a whole it's pretty shitty. If sales are a metric of quality in art and entertainment then Justin Beiber is a greater artist then Beethoven. Logic isn't on your side I'm afraid. Quality=/=sales
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    That said, 2.7 million in first week... while even BC got 2.4 in first day. This means that MoP is, now, the worst selling expansion to date.
    You can't say this with any amount of certainty since we don't know what the first day numbers were for MoP. They very well could have sold 2.4 million on the first day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    Why do people like you, have a problem with people still enjoying WoW? I'm seriously confused by this.

I don't care about subscription numbers. They mean nothing to me as long as it doesn't directly effect my personal enjoyment inside the world of warcraft. Nothing people like you can say will change that fact.
    I don't. Feel free to enjoy wow all day and night. Why do you think I have a problem with you people enjoying wow? I enjoy wow to an extent as well. I'm just not in denial about it's flaws.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted

By your logic Justin Bieber must be one of the greatest musicians of all time. Troll harder buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    So when they put the numbers about subs that are sky high 10 millions, you mean there's 7 millions chinesse ?

Lol
    No. It means that not all the North American/South American/South Pacific and European subscribers have purchased the expansions yet. Mop was released earlier than LK and Cata and is a little before the Christmas sales season. The Christmas season is coming up and I would expect many will be getting the xpac as a Christmas gift, if not sooner. I believe the ratio of Asian to non-Asian subscribers is about 6 to 4 or 5 to 5.

I don't. Feel free to enjoy wow all day and night. Why do you think I have a problem with you people enjoying wow? I enjoy wow to an extent as well. I'm just not in denial about it's flaws.

I won't deny it has it's flaws. But WoW is a yardstick to measure other MMO's by. Some have come close (in my opinion) to WoW's quality, but not kept up. I've dabbled in many MMO's and none of them grab me the way WoW did. (wow was my 5th MMO, and I put off joining it for about 5 months after it was released.)

As I said, subscrition numbers mean nothing to me, they shouldn't be the yardstick you measure the game by. How much a person, an individual, enjoys the game should be the yardstick. Not sheeping along with high numbers.

As for quality? Well my opinion on that is whilst wow has flaws (Dailies/reputation system) it gets improved lots over the years. Remember the Isle of Quel'Danas? Those dailies, same dailies, for weeks on end. I hated that particular place. (Still do!)

But Blizz have made efforts to improve the dailies experience by randomizing a lot of quests that you could get. It's not perfect but it's better than the same quest day in, day out for weeks on end.

And with todays news post on Reputation, well.. I guess I'll wait and see if this is an improvement or not.

Graphically, it's a little behind now and looking a bit aged. But with each expansion they try to bring it closer to more modern graphics. They won't be able to bring it completely up to speed because of the limitations of the WoW engine being rather old and pretty much obsolete nowadays.

However there are so many things about this game that I adore. The community (not the vocal minority), the raiding (we'll forget about DS there though), the advancement of character design, the classes, the talent system changes. There's just too many things to list.

So rather than be "in denial", as you put it, about it's flaws. I embrace them. Much like an un-airbrushed picture of Emma Watson, it's still really sexy to me.
    Last edited by razski; 2012-10-05 at 01:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    I
    As for quality? Well my opinion on that is whilst wow has flaws (Dailies/reputation system) it gets improved lots over the years. Remember the Isle of Quel'Danas? Those dailies, same dailies, for weeks on end. I hated that particular place. (Still do!)
    LoL oddly enough IQOD were the only dailies I could stand. I could miss IQOD for a day or two and still feel like I contributed to the overall event. It was a huge server based thing and it moved on even if I missed it. People with the time could contribute and people without the time could still feel like they contributed. Every other daily implementation after that has simply felt like if i miss it today I'm fucked.
    The hammer comes down:

LoL oddly enough IQOD were the only dailies I could stand. I could miss IQOD for a day or two and still feel like I contributed to the overall event. It was a huge server based thing and it moved on even if I missed it. People with the time could contribute and people without the time could still feel like they contributed. Every other daily implementation after that has simply felt like if i miss it today I'm fucked.
    I missed the opening of IoQD, so all the dailies were already open, as was the raid. So for me it was the same 12(?) dailies every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Wait, did Cata really sell 3.3 million in one day? Didn't know that.

That's pretty impressive.
    It's a reflection of Wrath's success. The 600k less for MoP is a reflection of Cata's failure.

By this logic, Farmville is a better game than WoW. You agree?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    By this logic, Farmville is a better game than WoW. You agree?
    Not just better than WoW, it would be the best game EVER.

Not really and frankly if you apply this to art and entertainment as a whole it's pretty shitty. If sales are a metric of quality in art and entertainment then Justin Beiber is a greater artist then Beethoven. Logic isn't on your side I'm afraid. Quality=/=sales
    I think you missed my point entirely. Almost completely.

If people don't like something, they won't buy it. Since there is no grading system other than dollar bills, World of Warcraft is the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you missed my point entirely. Almost completely.

If people don't like something, they won't buy it. Since there is no grading system other than dollar bills, World of Warcraft is the best.
    Actually no it's not the best. As they stated above Farmville is better. But not just farmville. League of Legends is superior as well. Angry Birds is to if i recall it's sales numbers as well.
    The hammer comes down:

Actually no it's not the best. As they stated above Farmville is better. But not just farmville. League of Legends is superior as well. Angry Birds is to if i recall it's sales numbers as well.
    Ahh shit. Those games can make more money. You're right. Wait, wasn't I talking about MMO's with subscriptions? I'm pretty sure I mentioned that. Oh shit, I did.

Learn to read. If we're leaving the subject of MMO's, why don't we just travel to a scope from which we can grade all forms of entertainment?
    Last edited by strossus001; 2012-10-05 at 02:37 PM.

I really dislike MOP, so I cancelled. If you feel the same way, don't pay Blizzard for turning their backs on the long time players. There will be some boob who now will come in on his white horse and declare " I am the long time player and I like it!!" Yeah ok....not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I really dislike MOP, so I cancelled. If you feel the same way, don't pay Blizzard for turning their backs on the long time players. There will be some boob who now will come in on his white horse and declare " I am the long time player and I like it!!" Yeah ok....not buying it.
    Played since day 1. I love it.

I'm not really sure what's not to love. They took everything that was bad about WoW and removed it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh shit. Those games can make more money. You're right. Wait, wasn't I talking about MMO's with subscriptions? I'm pretty sure I mentioned that. Oh shit, I did.

Learn to read. If we're leaving the subject of MMO's, why don't we just travel to a scope from which we can grade all forms of entertainment?
    Because the general principle behind your statement is that the method by which you track how good something is (in this case MMOS) is by subs i.e MONEY. Sorry it's just not true and if your unwilling to apply the standard more broadly it just means even you don't accept it as correct. It's just a troll for you to defend the game I mean you said it yourself.

Since there is no grading system other than dollar bills, World of Warcraft is the best.
    No sir by grading of bills Farmville is the best game ever. When you understand how ludicrous that is, you understand why your position is absolutely crazy.
    The hammer comes down:

Considering that sub numbers are up, and are still a country mile ahead of it's competition, it seems to me the game is doing well.

Anything else is wild speculation or moronic vitriol.

I wish I could fail as well as 10M subs in an 8 year old game... I'd fail like that all day long!
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Played since day 1. I love it.

I'm not really sure what's not to love. They took everything that was bad about WoW and removed it.
    Really? They took out the broken promises? They took out 9 months of the exact same content?

-edit-

Well not really promises but when you say faster content patches i expect that im going to get faster content patches, when you say your planning on certain raids and then you turn what could have been a great raid into a crappy filler dungeon i was pretty pissed, When you deliver a patch with no raids and 2 revamped old dungeons i unsubbed, When you give us 9 months of the same BS i mean DS i stop playing 3 months in. Heres something else Do Not Advertise content you are not going to release i dont care what your brainstorming, giving players false hope and hyping them up only to not deliver gets you negative subs. Dont talk about DOTA style BG, Dont talk about War of ancients as a raid, dont talk about Abyssal Maw as a raid. DONT TALK ABOUT IT IF YOUR NOT 90% DONE WITH IT.
    Last edited by Zeek Daniels; 2012-10-05 at 03:15 PM.