Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ...
25
33
34
35
36
37
45
... LastLast
  1. #681
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Except with a shirt, all you're physically able to do is change the design, plus.. it's real.

    And with World of Warcraft, you're capable of more than just changing one graphic. Or would you like to disagree with that?
    It's a RPG? What are you expecting? Do you understand what an RPG is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Wow isn't a shirt or a car. It's a game that has mechanics which I trust should develop and evolve over time. Even features on a car do that actually. Hey if you think the game you love is a shirt well then go ahead and believe what you will. It belies what is a simplistic understanding of everything.
    So are you telling me quests have not changed since the day warcraft was released?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    .......moderation is not managed on this site in any capacity. Complaining or reporting bad moderation does nothing. They still carry on being complete dicks to anyone as they please. Fencers is a primary example of that in action.....

    So much truth in that post it hurts.

  2. #682
    Stood in the Fire Zolascius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I don't get it. New content is coming and people still complain. That new Brawler’s Guild thing sounds good and the war goes up a notch so I'm happy.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 06:02 PM ----------



    Well if you were say Cory Stockton or Tom Chilton what would you add to the game.
    If one flower was spawned on the ground and they labelled it 'Patch X', it'd still be 'new content'. You don't get that the complaints are about frequency and quantity - the best thing to try and appease the general needs of the playerbase is to release more content.. quantity is why people are pissed, not quality of small illegitimate things that many people dislike.

    It's a RPG? What are you expecting? Do you understand what an RPG is?
    ??? Explain what point you're trying to make..
    WARCRAFT:
    (Spoiler: Teldrassil chopped down to use as makeshift Super-Doomhammer - Wrynn promises vengeance with angrily-worded email, but later concedes that it was a fair trade for Camp Taurajo. A Heroic Anduin murders his father & declares city 'New Orgrimmar' after much meditation with Kalecgos, secedes throne to a humbled Thrall & commits seppuku.)
    ALLIANCE FAVORITISM

  3. #683
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    uggh
    Be more vocal on the official forums with constructive feedback. Requests for dailies and more to do was pretty loudly stated and apparently heard.

    Personally, I like more dailies, but I'm going to throw you an olive branch and say any patch dailies should be shorter than Molten Front, but with the same idea: Gear rewards at friendly and then honored, revered, exalted for some vanity rewards. Transmog, mounts, etc. Molten Front was pretty good, but the up front 300 or so marks was a bit much.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  4. #684
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post

    So are you telling me quests have not changed since the day warcraft was released?
    Not daily quests or at least not in any significant way. You do them once and turn them in at the end of the day. That isn't the point either though. Nothing about anything offered is "new" in the sense that we haven't seen this before. It may be "improved" or "different" but not unique or new in the sense that's it's the first time seeing something like this.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  5. #685
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Except with a shirt, all you're physically able to do is change the design, plus.. it's real.

    And with World of Warcraft, you're capable of more than just changing one graphic. Or would you like to disagree with that?



    mists 2.7m included the pre-orders too, moot point.
    it's not moot because you 100% missed the point smh. look at the QUESTION i quoted if you can see it from way up there on your sparkly horse.
    so quick to be argumentative that you now look foolish.

  6. #686
    Stood in the Fire Zolascius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    432
    Requests for dailies and more to do was pretty loudly stated and apparently heard.
    Because daily quests are new and exciting content.

    4.2 really screwed with your heads didn't it.

    it's not moot because you 100% missed the point. look at the QUESTION i quoted if you can see it from way up there on your sparkly horse
    so quick to be argumentative that you now look foolish.
    It's the greatest mmorpg of all time, am I wrong in expecting anything of significant interest to the wider playerbase? Of course I am, because you've been tamed into appreciating bland unimaginative, and non-innovative scraps.
    Last edited by Zolascius; 2012-10-05 at 05:11 PM.
    WARCRAFT:
    (Spoiler: Teldrassil chopped down to use as makeshift Super-Doomhammer - Wrynn promises vengeance with angrily-worded email, but later concedes that it was a fair trade for Camp Taurajo. A Heroic Anduin murders his father & declares city 'New Orgrimmar' after much meditation with Kalecgos, secedes throne to a humbled Thrall & commits seppuku.)
    ALLIANCE FAVORITISM

  7. #687
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Be more vocal on the official forums with constructive feedback. Requests for dailies and more to do was pretty loudly stated and apparently heard.

    Personally, I like more dailies, but I'm going to throw you an olive branch and say any patch dailies should be shorter than Molten Front, but with the same idea: Gear rewards at friendly and honored, revered, exalted for some vanity rewards. Transmog, mounts, etc. Molten Front was pretty good, but the up front 300 or so marks was a bit much.
    That is a false interpretation. Like you can interpret "more to do" on so many levels. Could be more dungeons? more gear? more pets to battle? more zones to visit? and yes more raids. Your not gonna like to hear this but I think what people wanted was more raids and gear. Not more dailies because that's easy and ultimately boring I feel. I mean it's hard to say what people wanted but if I had to guess it would be exactly that. More character progression. That doesn't mean more dailies but more of the same ways they had already had to make their guy stronger.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  8. #688
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Not daily quests or at least not in any significant way. You do them once and turn them in at the end of the day. That isn't the point either though. Nothing about anything offered is "new" in the sense that we haven't seen this before. It may be "improved" or "different" but not unique or new in the sense that's it's the first time seeing something like this.

    So what would you like to see then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    .......moderation is not managed on this site in any capacity. Complaining or reporting bad moderation does nothing. They still carry on being complete dicks to anyone as they please. Fencers is a primary example of that in action.....

    So much truth in that post it hurts.

  9. #689
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Aside from I guess pet battles none of it is particularly new or unique. Scenarios are more or less group quests and dailies are well dailies. To what are you referring exactly?
    I'm a lot different from you in that I don't mind doing dailies although I'll happily admit that I keep them fresh by not doing them every day, more like 3 times a week. I don't think I was ever in MF more than 3 days in a row and even now, I still have a few things to finish up so I can get the 36-slot gem bag. That said, because I never let MF get all that grindy, I still enjoy MF dailies. Just a different and much more patient way to play. It works for me. I don't expect it to work for others.

    The more important thing for people who in principle don't mind questing and doing dailies is that there be a steady trickle of new ones to do. That way if you've done the rep grind for one set you can move on to something new. Some people hate dailies and that's fine.

    One of the reasons why I think that MoP/Blizzard is on the right track now is that they're steadily increasing the number of things to do outside of just dailies, dungeons or raids. Anyone who relies solely on dungeons/raids for content is going to be unhappy.

    The brawler thing looks great to me. I used to love doing the Gurubashi daily when I was leveling and only stopped because they were too easy on the one hand and there was a rogue on my server that camped the place and killed anyone and everyone he could. And as I said earlier, these might be good for the game as another way to test PVE players and teach them to use more of their abilities. Many of the MoP rares/elites are like this as well. If you just stand there and spam your usual damage spells without doing stuns, interrupts, CC or whatever, you'll die. That's a good thing.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-10-05 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Adding context: Edits are in italics
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  10. #690
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    So what would you like to see then?
    Well that's kind of a broad question. What would I like to see in general or released for this patch?
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  11. #691
    Stood in the Fire Zolascius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    So what would you like to see then?
    If any player was capable of knowing what the innovation is, they've either experienced it already (so it isn't new) or they should consider applying for a job at Blizzard.
    WARCRAFT:
    (Spoiler: Teldrassil chopped down to use as makeshift Super-Doomhammer - Wrynn promises vengeance with angrily-worded email, but later concedes that it was a fair trade for Camp Taurajo. A Heroic Anduin murders his father & declares city 'New Orgrimmar' after much meditation with Kalecgos, secedes throne to a humbled Thrall & commits seppuku.)
    ALLIANCE FAVORITISM

  12. #692
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Because daily quests are new and exciting content.

    4.2 really screwed with your heads didn't it.



    It's the greatest mmorpg of all time, am I wrong in expecting anything of significant interest to the wider playerbase? Of course I am, because you've been tamed into appreciating bland unimaginative, and non-innovative scraps.
    and now you either quoted the wrong thing or missed the point by about a mile lol. you are horrible at not only getting your point across but identifying the point that others are getting across. i think you need to slow down because your mind isn't keeping up at this point.

  13. #693
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    That is a false interpretation. Like you can interpret "more to do" on so many levels. Could be more dungeons? more gear? more pets to battle? more zones to visit? and yes more raids. Your not gonna like to hear this but I think what people wanted was more raids and gear. Not more dailies because that's easy and ultimately boring I feel. I mean it's hard to say what people wanted but if I had to guess it would be exactly that. More character progression. That doesn't mean more dailies but more of the same ways they had already had to make their guy stronger.
    Actually, lots of people have been asking for the limit on dailies to be raised/removed for quite a long time now. So there are a lot of people who actually want to do more dailies. Remember - just because you don't enjoy something, that does not mean that everyone agrees with you. There are many different types of playstyles that Blizz needs to accomodate, and people who enjoy dailies are one of them.

  14. #694
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Well that's kind of a broad question. What would I like to see in general or released for this patch?
    lets just talk about this patch for now.

    What content would you like to see to be happy about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    .......moderation is not managed on this site in any capacity. Complaining or reporting bad moderation does nothing. They still carry on being complete dicks to anyone as they please. Fencers is a primary example of that in action.....

    So much truth in that post it hurts.

  15. #695
    Stood in the Fire Zolascius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    and now you either quoted the wrong thing or missed the point by about a mile lol. you are horrible at not only getting your point across but identifying the point that others are getting across. i think you need to slow down because your mind isn't keeping up at this point.
    I think you need to learn how to construct a sentence before criticizing someone else.

    I also think you should read my post instead of just hitting the Reply button.

    Did I fail to get my point across? I'm terribly sorry: BLIZZARD IS MILKING IT. Is this clear enough?
    WARCRAFT:
    (Spoiler: Teldrassil chopped down to use as makeshift Super-Doomhammer - Wrynn promises vengeance with angrily-worded email, but later concedes that it was a fair trade for Camp Taurajo. A Heroic Anduin murders his father & declares city 'New Orgrimmar' after much meditation with Kalecgos, secedes throne to a humbled Thrall & commits seppuku.)
    ALLIANCE FAVORITISM

  16. #696
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Because they don't equate sub numbers to quality. And their also not in fucking denial.
    :') You have to be fucking kidding me.
    *opens a random "bash WoW"-thread*
    Yeaaaaaaah...

    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    The only people burying their head in the sand is the fanboys who try to claim losing 3 million subs over the last expansion is not a bad thing.
    Because that is totally what we were discussing!

    Instead of suddenly screaming hard about another topic you could admit that you were wrong and I was right.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    Everytime I see a kangaroo icon next to a post I expect to read an avalanche of agitated fanboy dribble quickly jumping on anyone that has anything remotely bad to say about WoW. thanks for not disappointing.
    Oh yes, because you have to be a fanboy to point out the obvious: WoW had another success.

    You've already lost the battle when "your side" still has people claiming that:
    -They lie against shareholders and make up sub-numbers.
    -They only have those numbers because it has 6 million bots.
    -That the proof for the bad quality of WoW can be found in the losing subs, than doing a 180-spin and yell that sub-numbers don't equal quality.
    -They cheated on the sub-numbers by including free trials.

  17. #697
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    10,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Well that's kind of a broad question. What would I like to see in general or released for this patch?
    In general is probably more interesting. There's a good discussion to have about whether or not there can be too many things to do at endgame simply because too much stuff means that good things get ignored. But you can never have too many good ideas.

    EDIT: laughing at completely contradicting slozon who asked the question to start with...apologies
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-10-05 at 05:22 PM.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  18. #698
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    I think you need to learn how to construct a sentence before criticizing someone else.

    I also think you should read my post instead of just hitting the Reply button.

    Did I fail to get my point across? I'm terribly sorry: BLIZZARD IS MILKING IT. Is this clear enough?

    Releaseing more content = milking it.... Gotcha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    .......moderation is not managed on this site in any capacity. Complaining or reporting bad moderation does nothing. They still carry on being complete dicks to anyone as they please. Fencers is a primary example of that in action.....

    So much truth in that post it hurts.

  19. #699
    Stood in the Fire Zolascius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    432
    :') You have to be fucking kidding me.
    *opens a random "bash WoW"-thread*
    Yeaaaaaaah...
    Substance, not even once.

    Please try again

    Releaseing more content = milking it.... Gotcha.
    Actually it's 'less', not more. Far less than previous patches actually.

    So yes, releasing less content = milking it.
    WARCRAFT:
    (Spoiler: Teldrassil chopped down to use as makeshift Super-Doomhammer - Wrynn promises vengeance with angrily-worded email, but later concedes that it was a fair trade for Camp Taurajo. A Heroic Anduin murders his father & declares city 'New Orgrimmar' after much meditation with Kalecgos, secedes throne to a humbled Thrall & commits seppuku.)
    ALLIANCE FAVORITISM

  20. #700
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    I think you need to learn how to construct a sentence before criticizing someone else.

    I also think you should read my post instead of just hitting the Reply button.
    you MISTOOK my post that directly and CORRECTLY answered a question from someone else as a comparison with something that i didn't even mention.
    MISTAKE #1

    you then replied to my explanation of that by talking about expectations for wow based on its track record. i really think you quoted the wrong thing because if someone was that mentally challenged they'd forget their password and couldn't log in.
    MISTAKE #2

    either correct those or stop replying to me, i'm gonna die from laughter lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •