Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I don't get it. New content is coming and people still complain. That new Brawler’s Guild thing sounds good and the war goes up a notch so I'm happy.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 06:02 PM ----------

Well if you were say Cory Stockton or Tom Chilton what would you add to the game.
    If one flower was spawned on the ground and they labelled it 'Patch X', it'd still be 'new content'. You don't get that the complaints are about frequency and quantity - the best thing to try and appease the general needs of the playerbase is to release more content.. quantity is why people are pissed, not quality of small illegitimate things that many people dislike.

It's a RPG? What are you expecting? Do you understand what an RPG is?
    ??? Explain what point you're trying to make..

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    uggh
    Be more vocal on the official forums with constructive feedback. Requests for dailies and more to do was pretty loudly stated and apparently heard.

Personally, I like more dailies, but I'm going to throw you an olive branch and say any patch dailies should be shorter than Molten Front, but with the same idea: Gear rewards at friendly and then honored, revered, exalted for some vanity rewards. Transmog, mounts, etc. Molten Front was pretty good, but the up front 300 or so marks was a bit much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post

So are you telling me quests have not changed since the day warcraft was released?
    Not daily quests or at least not in any significant way. You do them once and turn them in at the end of the day. That isn't the point either though. Nothing about anything offered is "new" in the sense that we haven't seen this before. It may be "improved" or "different" but not unique or new in the sense that's it's the first time seeing something like this.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Except with a shirt, all you're physically able to do is change the design, plus.. it's real.

And with World of Warcraft, you're capable of more than just changing one graphic. Or would you like to disagree with that?

mists 2.7m included the pre-orders too, moot point.
    it's not moot because you 100% missed the point smh. look at the QUESTION i quoted if you can see it from way up there on your sparkly horse.
    so quick to be argumentative that you now look foolish.

Deleted
    Requests for dailies and more to do was pretty loudly stated and apparently heard.
    Because daily quests are new and exciting content.

4.2 really screwed with your heads didn't it.

it's not moot because you 100% missed the point. look at the QUESTION i quoted if you can see it from way up there on your sparkly horse
    so quick to be argumentative that you now look foolish.
    It's the greatest mmorpg of all time, am I wrong in expecting anything of significant interest to the wider playerbase? Of course I am, because you've been tamed into appreciating bland unimaginative, and non-innovative scraps.
    Last edited by mmoc3277a835d2; 2012-10-05 at 05:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Be more vocal on the official forums with constructive feedback. Requests for dailies and more to do was pretty loudly stated and apparently heard.

Personally, I like more dailies, but I'm going to throw you an olive branch and say any patch dailies should be shorter than Molten Front, but with the same idea: Gear rewards at friendly and honored, revered, exalted for some vanity rewards. Transmog, mounts, etc. Molten Front was pretty good, but the up front 300 or so marks was a bit much.
    That is a false interpretation. Like you can interpret "more to do" on so many levels. Could be more dungeons? more gear? more pets to battle? more zones to visit? and yes more raids. Your not gonna like to hear this but I think what people wanted was more raids and gear. Not more dailies because that's easy and ultimately boring I feel. I mean it's hard to say what people wanted but if I had to guess it would be exactly that. More character progression. That doesn't mean more dailies but more of the same ways they had already had to make their guy stronger.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not daily quests or at least not in any significant way. You do them once and turn them in at the end of the day. That isn't the point either though. Nothing about anything offered is "new" in the sense that we haven't seen this before. It may be "improved" or "different" but not unique or new in the sense that's it's the first time seeing something like this.

So what would you like to see then?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aside from I guess pet battles none of it is particularly new or unique. Scenarios are more or less group quests and dailies are well dailies. To what are you referring exactly?
    I'm a lot different from you in that I don't mind doing dailies although I'll happily admit that I keep them fresh by not doing them every day, more like 3 times a week. I don't think I was ever in MF more than 3 days in a row and even now, I still have a few things to finish up so I can get the 36-slot gem bag. That said, because I never let MF get all that grindy, I still enjoy MF dailies. Just a different and much more patient way to play. It works for me. I don't expect it to work for others.

The more important thing for people who in principle don't mind questing and doing dailies is that there be a steady trickle of new ones to do. That way if you've done the rep grind for one set you can move on to something new. Some people hate dailies and that's fine.

One of the reasons why I think that MoP/Blizzard is on the right track now is that they're steadily increasing the number of things to do outside of just dailies, dungeons or raids. Anyone who relies solely on dungeons/raids for content is going to be unhappy.

The brawler thing looks great to me. I used to love doing the Gurubashi daily when I was leveling and only stopped because they were too easy on the one hand and there was a rogue on my server that camped the place and killed anyone and everyone he could. And as I said earlier, these might be good for the game as another way to test PVE players and teach them to use more of their abilities. Many of the MoP rares/elites are like this as well. If you just stand there and spam your usual damage spells without doing stuns, interrupts, CC or whatever, you'll die. That's a good thing.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-10-05 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Adding context: Edits are in italics
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's kind of a broad question. What would I like to see in general or released for this patch?
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    If any player was capable of knowing what the innovation is, they've either experienced it already (so it isn't new) or they should consider applying for a job at Blizzard.

Because daily quests are new and exciting content.

4.2 really screwed with your heads didn't it.

It's the greatest mmorpg of all time, am I wrong in expecting anything of significant interest to the wider playerbase? Of course I am, because you've been tamed into appreciating bland unimaginative, and non-innovative scraps.
    and now you either quoted the wrong thing or missed the point by about a mile lol. you are horrible at not only getting your point across but identifying the point that others are getting across. i think you need to slow down because your mind isn't keeping up at this point.

That is a false interpretation. Like you can interpret "more to do" on so many levels. Could be more dungeons? more gear? more pets to battle? more zones to visit? and yes more raids. Your not gonna like to hear this but I think what people wanted was more raids and gear. Not more dailies because that's easy and ultimately boring I feel. I mean it's hard to say what people wanted but if I had to guess it would be exactly that. More character progression. That doesn't mean more dailies but more of the same ways they had already had to make their guy stronger.
    Actually, lots of people have been asking for the limit on dailies to be raised/removed for quite a long time now. So there are a lot of people who actually want to do more dailies. Remember - just because you don't enjoy something, that does not mean that everyone agrees with you. There are many different types of playstyles that Blizz needs to accomodate, and people who enjoy dailies are one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's kind of a broad question. What would I like to see in general or released for this patch?
    lets just talk about this patch for now.

What content would you like to see to be happy about it?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    and now you either quoted the wrong thing or missed the point by about a mile lol. you are horrible at not only getting your point across but identifying the point that others are getting across. i think you need to slow down because your mind isn't keeping up at this point.
    I think you need to learn how to construct a sentence before criticizing someone else.

I also think you should read my post instead of just hitting the Reply button.

Did I fail to get my point across? I'm terribly sorry: BLIZZARD IS MILKING IT. Is this clear enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    In general is probably more interesting. There's a good discussion to have about whether or not there can be too many things to do at endgame simply because too much stuff means that good things get ignored. But you can never have too many good ideas.

EDIT: laughing at completely contradicting slozon who asked the question to start with...apologies
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-10-05 at 05:22 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you need to learn how to construct a sentence before criticizing someone else.

Did I fail to get my point across? I'm terribly sorry: BLIZZARD IS MILKING IT. Is this clear enough?

Releaseing more content = milking it.... Gotcha.

Deleted
    :') You have to be fucking kidding me.
    *opens a random "bash WoW"-thread*
    Yeaaaaaaah...
    Substance, not even once.

Please try again

Releaseing more content = milking it.... Gotcha.
    Actually it's 'less', not more. Far less than previous patches actually.

So yes, releasing less content = milking it.

you MISTOOK my post that directly and CORRECTLY answered a question from someone else as a comparison with something that i didn't even mention.
    MISTAKE #1

you then replied to my explanation of that by talking about expectations for wow based on its track record. i really think you quoted the wrong thing because if someone was that mentally challenged they'd forget their password and couldn't log in.
    MISTAKE #2

either correct those or stop replying to me, i'm gonna die from laughter lol

10+ Year Old Account
    lets just talk about this patch for now.

What content would you like to see to be happy about it?
    Well let's assume that they've been at this since mists has been done for awhile. It was in beta and being patched up and shit but the majority of the work was done on it and much of the creative team was available to do stuff. So I don't think it's to unreasonable for a couple of things. I wouldn't mind another dungeon or two. If their gonna intensify the war in this patch then it's stands to reason new conflicts should open up. Which would mean possibilites for new BGS, and I think new dungeons. Say a dungeon where you spend time fighting alliance or horde depending on which faction your facing down. Defeat the horde commander at the end or something like that. You fight horde themed bosses with horde themed abilities.
    The hammer comes down:

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's not. Because just saying they're milking it without defining what you mean by 'milking' doesn't have any meaning at all.