Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    welp guild wars 2 and star wars sold worse so i guess its bye bye mmo genre
    Until titan, yes. Blizzard burned out a hell of a lot of people that they won't get back, neither will any other company. The market is on it's way out until there's some major new innovation introduced. Can't see it happening soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Until titan, yes. Blizzard burned out a hell of a lot of people that they won't get back, neither will any other company. The market is on it's way out until there's some major new innovation introduced. Can't see it happening soon.
    titan is most likely free to play and integrated with facebook. its a casual game and nothing like wow.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I think the reason why they still have 10 million subs is because over a million people purchased 1 year annual pass. Lol, but im actually surprised they sold that many. I mean if you look in history on expansions, MoP sales are the worst. I dont know how Blizzard came up with the idea that everyone wanted this content ( talents, China theme, pokemon, farms ville, ) They cant seriously consider that adult player fan base will buy that, I dont know if someone lost their crews or its just Activision taking effect on Blizzards games. Eh oh well, I played wow for 6 years, thats good enough for me

Deleted
    titan is most likely free to play and integrated with facebook. its a casual game and nothing like wow.
    Do your homework before saying things like that.

Not only is it an MMORPG, it's also got around 100 developers working on it full time,..

its a casual game and nothing like wow.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *dies*

Quote Originally Posted by Vespera View Post
    I think the reason why they gained 1 million new subs is because the expansion is catering to old school players
    fixed that for you
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by strossus001 View Post
    I like how the number of players World of Warcraft gains and loses every quarter are many times greater than the lifetime subscribers of Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, The Secret World, TERA, etc etc..

I'm uncertain how people think they've got any sort of argument against the game.
    Indeed, I can bet the numbers of WoW will always and were always greater then the numbers of subscribers of Guild Wars 2, which were, are and will always be ZERO since the game is free to play once you buy it! And of course bigger then the playerbase of GW2, a game launched a little over a month ago, as opposed to a game launched 7+ years ago, a game that hasn't even released actual figures of players. Well would you look at that, guess you're right, the subscriber numbers actually will be forever bigger then those in GW2.

And it's quite simple, let me compare it more to real life.

You have a skinny person and a fat person. Both have less money and spend less on food, and as such lose weight. Except the fat guy loses less of the % of his body mass even if he loses same amount of kgs, because he had more to begin with. This is the case of subscription games. WoW had more, but lost more then all. WoW lost 3 million people. That's more then the entire playarbase of SWTOR. If you think that's not concerning... I don't know what to say.

Yes, I said before, they regained now since many people come to see new expansions, but we'll only see if it worked if in first quarter of 2013 it holds said number or even grow. This is the whole issue.

Just because someone had more of the pie at start doesn't make their loss less important.

Do your homework before saying things like that.

Not only is it an MMORPG, it's also got around 100 developers working on it full time,..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *dies*
    at blizzcon blizzard says they were looking into integrating titan with facebook in some way if they could. a couple months ago blizzard were hiring and looking into people to put ads into mmos. they have said multiple times titan is meant to be a casual drop in drop out type of playstyle. its a new ip seperate from all other blizzard franchises and isnt anything like world of warcraft.

i suggest you do your homework

Deleted
    at blizzcon blizzard says they were looking into integrating titan with facebook in some way if they could. a couple months ago blizzard were hiring and looking into people to put ads into mmos. they have said multiple times titan is meant to be a casual drop in drop out type of playstyle. its a new ip seperate from all other blizzard franchises and isnt anything like world of warcraft.

i suggest you do your homework
    [citation needed]

Facebook integration does not suggest it's based on it as a platform.. that'd be ridiculous and impossible. Something similar to mobile AH or armory.

Trust me i've done my homework on titan, don't you worry.

[citation needed]

Facebook integration does not suggest it's based on it as a platform.. that'd be ridiculous and impossible. Something similar to mobile AH or armory.

Trust me i've done my homework on titan, don't you worry.
    i didnt say it was based on it as a platform i said it was likely going to be free to play and be integrated with it in someway probably a chat feature or something like that.

as for blizzard looking into hiring people to put ads into an mmo it was on the "blizzard is hiring" pages about 6 months ago i think.

fixed that for you
    I give it time and their subs will drop like a rock. Sales dosent mean anything, theres already alot of people unsubing after buying upgrading to MoP

Deleted
    i didnt say it was based on it as a platform i said it was likely going to be free to play and be integrated with it in someway probably a chat feature or something like that.

as for blizzard looking into hiring people to put ads into an mmo it was on the "blizzard is hiring" pages about 6 months ago i think.
    I don't see how ads relate to it being casual,.. doesn't even really suggest Titan would be the receiver of that either. Maybe they're going to integrate ads into WoW and switch to f2p. Who knows

found a news page about blizzard hiring people to look into putting ads into titan

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blizzar...me-ads-6349027

whether or not they go with it or whether there will be a free version and a premium ect ect we dont know yet but all signs point to there atleast being a free version of titan

an 8 year old game has 10 million people playing it. damn.

I really wonder if anyone out there thought that MoP was really going to be WoW's best seller. No person in their right mind would think that a computer game could reach peak sales 8 years after release.

Loss of subs for WoW is not "omg - what are we going to do?!?!?!" to Blizz. They are just putting enough resources into WoW to keep it going since it is a good money maker. However, they are not focusing all of their devlopment power on it because you can not make an old game "new". I'm pretty sure a majority of the Blizz development team is working on Titan, and not WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

So just out of curiosity....are you fully cleared on raids? Armory's fully geared head to toe in raid epics, right?

Edit: Okay, not head to toe, but the items that you can get from raids so far? My understanding was the valor gear wasn't a necessity to get into opening raids. You CAN start without 'em, right?

Maybe they should have gone back to BC method. Last boss drops a badge in heroics. Gather badges, buy loot.
    Nope and I'm not likely to get into one at any point soon because the entirety of character progression has been cock blocked to no end. I'm sitting at 455 I think. Lfr is at 463 being nerfed to 460. No upgrades are dropping in heroics at least the ones I need from the bosses I need and JP gear is worthless at giving me gear of a decent enough level to get into lfr. Am I supposed to do normals before lfr? Is it that ass backwards now?

So I'm back to... wait for it.. runing dailies to spend what pitling amount of valor I have on some thing I know will eventually be an upgrade. Or farming for some upgrade that hopefully someone on my server has gotten from the raid already. Or relying on a holiday even to give me a special piece trinket or something. In either case it's fucking asanine. It should come from the same way it's been coming for the past 5 years. Justice points in heroics. That method stabalized the entire progression curve and made it smooth as hell. It was the last thing I would have changed about cataclysm. Somehow they improved what was shit in cataclysm and killed what was decent about it.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-05 at 07:26 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespera View Post
    I think the reason why they still have 10 million subs is because over a million people purchased 1 year annual pass. Lol, but im actually surprised they sold that many. I mean if you look in history on expansions, MoP sales are the worst. I dont know how Blizzard came up with the idea that everyone wanted this content ( talents, China theme, pokemon, farms ville, ) They cant seriously consider that adult player fan base will buy that, I dont know if someone lost their crews or its just Activision taking effect on Blizzards games. Eh oh well, I played wow for 6 years, thats good enough for me
    If you compare copies sold to active subs there's a higher percentage of the player base who purchased MOP compared to Cata.

You can hate on pandas but the reasoning you give is childish itself when there's naaru, titans, old gods, aqir, silithid, troggs, gnomes, elves, dragons, gnolls, humans, orcs, orgres, trolls, cows, wolvar, centaur, quillboars, owls, naga, harpies, etc, etc. It's a fantasy game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I really wonder if anyone out there thought that MoP was really going to be WoW's best seller. No person in their right mind would think that a computer game could reach peak sales 8 years after release.
    No, no one thought that. Not really.

But if someone's primary purpose in posting here is to complain about everything (not naming any names but it's not like it's a secret), once in a while you need something new to hang your complaint on. Mind you, it's always the same exact complaint centered generally on why someone doesn't like WoW and often no longer subscribes to it or plays it any longer, but each new thing that comes along becomes the flavor-of-the-week for saying why someone dislikes it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    whether or not they go with it or whether there will be a free version and a premium ect ect we dont know yet but all signs point to there atleast being a free version of titan
    There is a FTP game on the activision/blizzard horizon but I'm pretty sure it will not be Titan.

If you look at their Q1 summary sheet for 2012 (bottom right hand side) it mentions an FTP game and their new MMO which we all know as Titan. Seems the FTP is pencilled in as being obtainable only via battlenet whereas Titan will be obtainable via retail and battlenet plus the way it's listed indicates two distinct products.

Gah can't link the Q1 sheet on here *sighs* but google is your friend :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Just an observation but I honestly don't believe many people actually grasp just how profitable warcraft and the franchise in general is for blizzard.. even with "dwindling" numbers (i use the term loosely)

Combining box/digital sales, subs, the online store (account services and the mounts/pets you can buy) along with all the other stuff like the books, tgc and so on.. they could drop to 3 million subscribers ( a million to America, Europe and Asia respectively ) and still be laughing all the way to the bank

When I first heard there were going to be "ads" in Titans, I sorta envisioned it as being incorporated with the game content. For instance - futuristic setting, flying a spaceship of some kind in a futuristic city-like setting, and there are huge billboards with real products on them. Your character, instead of buying honeydew tea from a vendor, buys a Monster energy drink. That sort of thing.