Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "breaks 10m subscriber" so in other words their previous figures were wrong or am I completely confused here given the previous trumpeted statements of "12 million players", but it does beg the question, 10m subscribers yet only 2.7m sales across EU, US & Oceania.

2.7 sold over what, 1-2 weeks? while cataclysm and the other expansions sold over 3 million within 24h, yeah wow is definitaly on the decline

And wow keeps rolling along

Deleted
    "World of Warcraft subscribers include individuals who have paid a subscription fee or have an active prepaid card to play World of Warcraft, as well as those who have purchased the game and are within their free month of access. Internet Game Room players who have accessed the game over the last thirty days are also counted as subscribers. The above definition excludes all players under free promotional subscriptions, expired or cancelled subscriptions, and expired prepaid cards. Subscribers in licensees’ territories are defined along the same rules."

Media, twists the truth a bit.

we'll see in about 30-60 days how good the expansion really is.

Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    2.7 sold over what, 1-2 weeks? while cataclysm and the other expansions sold over 3 million within 24h, yeah wow is definitaly on the decline
    First week and and of course it is declining, the basics in the game is 8 years old, GW2 and Tera and those have probably been forgotten for 5-6 years in 8 years. atleast in wow´s case it took over 6 years for it to decline, most other "wow killers"games less than a month for the decline.
    Last edited by Raven; 2012-10-04 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SiMka View Post
    2.7M Sold.. so.. It means that there are only 2.7M people playing with current expansion..?!
    China/Korea don't pay for the expansion they get them for free. But that value is pretty worrisome. With 2.7m copies sold, and 1m sub gained for a total of 10m subs, that means the majority of the subs are in China/Korea. Unless my math sucks (which could entirely be possible). Or there are a lot of people still on Cata.

Deleted
    Weak sales for a WoW expansion but good compared to other MMO/games.

Deleted
    I've never doubted Blizzard, they delivered an awesome expansion as always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good job MoP is definitely a huge improvement from Cata.

Thanks all for making them justify charging that much for an expansion to such an old game! Had more of you held off, they would have been forced to charge less for the next expansion.

So sold less than Cata, and pretty much all of those million will be gone by next month.

Does anyone have subscription numbers for every exp? Where did it peak?

I wonder what whoever wrote that only 700k copies were sold is saying right now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qly View Post
    Worst?? it's probably the most fun i've had questing in like... ever except maybe some of the revamped 1-60 zones (<3 hillsbrand)
    I think it's too much kill/collect.. And maybe I was beeing too harsh Let's say that I don't like Dread Wastes quests. Better?

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    China/Korea don't pay for the expansion they get them for free. But that value is pretty worrisome. With 2.7m copies sold, and 1m sub gained for a total of 10m subs, that means the majority of the subs are in China/Korea. Unless my math sucks (which could entirely be possible). Or there are a lot of people still on Cata.
    Doesn't include China which doesn't launch in China until October 2. Not sure about Korea. Same? At any rate, the subscriptions will clearly go up once they count the China/Korea launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    There's most likely quite a few people holding off until they see some initial reactions from friends and such.

On the decline (as should be expected for any severely ageing franchise) but those are still great sales figures by any game standards.

Pretty much predicted after all the blizzard mishap.

It's pretty funny to see people arguing over whether or not a game with 3M expansions sales and 10M subscribers is dying. Some people really need some perspective.

Deleted
    It has been stated over and over again: the majority of players is not at max level. So ofcourse those haven't bought MoP yet.