Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

2.7 Million copies of MoP sold, WoW passes 10M Subscribers

2.7 Million copies of MoP sold, WoW passes 10M Subscribers
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    PARIS, France -- October 4, 2012 -- Following the September 25 global rollout of World of Warcraft®: Mists of Pandaria™, the new expansion to the world’s #1 subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game, Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that millions of players have already joined the fight for Pandaria. During the first week of launch, prior to the release in China on October 2, the expansion had already sold through approximately 2.7 million copies and the game’s global player base passed 10 million subscribers, with growth across all major regions.*

“With Mists of Pandaria, we set out to expand on the sense of fun and discovery that’s always been at the heart of World of Warcraft -- in addition to adding a huge variety of new content and features to the game,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “It’s been gratifying to see the results of all of the work we put into this expansion and to hear all of the positive feedback from players so far.”

The World of Warcraft development team is already hard at work on the first major post-launch content update. Further details, including features and release timing, will be provided in the weeks ahead.

[Read More ...]

Deleted
    Gained like 1 million subscribers so far! Keep it upp Blizzard. Mists of Pandaria best expansion to date!

I knew it. All the naysayers, im watchin you.

About 400k short of what I was expecting, still very good, also, rs10, big props to you for not shouting first.

Good for them, how long those subs last is a whole nother story though. I can see 500k-1M leaving by January if content is sluggish again though. Only time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never doubted you blizzard <3

I agree- MoP best expansion yet! well done. well done.

Deleted
    Thanks bra! Enjoying this expansion so much Have been playing so much lately, and still there is so many more things to do :P It's amazing

10+ Year Old Account
    worst questing ever in my opinion, though it doesn't matter.. Otherwise great expac. Keep going Blizz!

Yay, Panda party. (Now if only they could fix it so we could fly everywhere)

Deleted
    Cata was 3.3 milion in a day...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found questing to be very enjoyable bar Dread Wastes.

Deleted
    Wait until people find out that daily quest without a daily cap is like a job and not like a game and the subs will go down again. I call it.

Have they released figures on the total number of cataclysm copies sold(not just the first week) by the end of cata?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I probably don't understand, so this might be a stupid question, but how can they have 2,7 million copies sold when they have 10 million subscribers? 7,3 million subscribers don't have MoP yet?

on par with tbc so far, far better then lk and cata !!

15+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 people taking numbers out of their arses about how many and when people will start to leave and how wow is inevitably going to die from whatever reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Heksar View Post
    worst questing ever in my opinion, though it doesn't matter.. Otherwise great expac. Keep going Blizz!
    Worst?? it's probably the most fun i've had questing in like... ever except maybe some of the revamped 1-60 zones (<3 hillsbrand)

2.7M Sold.. so.. It means that there are only 2.7M people playing with current expansion..?!

Nice for them, hope it'll stay above the 10 for a while. Can't wait to play it in December. =)