Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #281
    Well looks like the speculation from the retail sales numbers turned out to be quite accurate.

  2. #282
    Dreadlord Drekker17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Best State=Colorado :)
    Posts
    967
    Not surprising numbers to me. I'm waiting for 1st month numbers, that will say a lot more about the success of MoP because by then anyone hesitant because of how disliked Cata would've bought hearing positive things, most trials 1-20 would be done, most people leveling a panda from 1-85 would be done or nearly done, and many people that just wanted to try the pet battles would get bored and want more.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    my god are you people stupid? they dont have 10 million subscribers who pay monthly. They earn about half of your estimate per month from online services. $199,0000,000 was for the last quarter. and that includes paid for services for WoW AND call of duty elite.

    they probably have 4 million subs tops the rest are pay per time chinese players who pay next to nothing.

    Thats why theyre only seeing 2.7 million people buying their expansion thats their true subscriber base with some slackers waiting on purchases and annual pass people who want to cancel, players in china dont buy expansions, thats why you;ve never heard a WoW expansion every sell 10,11,12 million copies equal to their supposed subscriber base.
    I am glad to hear that you have information of the earnings from the Chinese. The funniest was your part about "players in china dont buy expansions", especially since it was released one week later than in the rest of the world. So these numbers does not include China.

  4. #284
    Think cata sales where such a succes cuz it looked like it was such a big step forward from Outland.
    Also everyone was so hyped about being abled to fight Arthas/Lich King.

    And yeah alot of people quit or wait to see how MoP pans out. There is no big hype over a main villain here. People in that sense became a bit smarter. That said, i guess a lot of players also recently started school again.

    WoW isn't dead, that's a fact however.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidone View Post
    Think cata sales where such a succes cuz it looked like it was such a big step forward from Outland.
    Also everyone was so hyped about being abled to fight Arthas/Lich King.

    And yeah alot of people quit or wait to see how MoP pans out. There is no big hype over a main villain here. People in that sense became a bit smarter. That said, i guess a lot of players also recently started school again.

    WoW isn't dead, that's a fact however.
    No matter what you think of WoW nowadays, the fact that they still have 10 million subs after 8 years is absolutely incredible. Especially when you consider the fact that's there is a monthly fee. If you would have told me back in BC when I started playing that WoW would have 10 million subs 5 years later, I wouldn't have believed it.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by rs10 View Post
    Gained like 1 million subscribers so far! Keep it upp Blizzard. Mists of Pandaria best expansion to date!
    So much for blizzard financial destruction.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    No matter what you think of WoW nowadays, the fact that they still have 10 million subs after 8 years is absolutely incredible. Especially when you consider the fact that's there is a monthly fee. If you would have told me back in BC when I started playing that WoW would have 10 million subs 5 years later, I wouldn't have believed it.
    It wasn't my personal feeling about the game. As you can read from it. I still play after these 8 years. Just that it's the vibe going around. (and no i don't mean the negative vibe in the threads from not long ago)
    I'm still enjoying the game and have always waved the negativity on the forums away. Sadly i keep getting less and less free time to actually play properly.

  8. #288
    The whole "something for everybody" approach with MoP is working imo. It's up to Blizzard to keep the momentum going. Keep us out in the world. Give us reasons to go out and do stuff once the intial release excitement wears off. Forget hard or easy raids, make them fun. And for goodness sakes, kill the casual vs hardcore wars that you started!

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekker17 View Post
    Not surprising numbers to me. I'm waiting for 1st month numbers, that will say a lot more about the success of MoP because by then anyone hesitant because of how disliked Cata would've bought hearing positive things, most trials 1-20 would be done, most people leveling a panda from 1-85 would be done or nearly done, and many people that just wanted to try the pet battles would get bored and want more.
    I'm waiting for the january report as well. That will show, how many AP holders unsubbed and how many players got bored of MoP in the first 3 months.

  10. #290
    Pit Lord Lilija's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Częstochowa Poland
    Posts
    2,496
    /sarcasm on
    Dying game
    /sarcasm off

    ^^

  11. #291
    Pandaren Monk Bantokar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Denmark/USA
    Posts
    1,902
    Will be more interesting to see the numbers the next few quarters. This is the time Annual passes are running out and when the initial fascination with MoP goes away numbers will be more stable.
    Last edited by Bantokar; 2012-10-05 at 06:27 AM.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujiwara View Post
    I am glad to hear that you have information of the earnings from the Chinese. The funniest was your part about "players in china dont buy expansions", especially since it was released one week later than in the rest of the world. So these numbers does not include China.
    What are you talking about, really? He is perfectly correct. The fact that Chinese numbers aren't out yet doesn't change absolutely anything of what he said. The earnings of Activision Blizzard are periodically made public and that the economic model for fees and expansion in China is different is widely common knowledge. The fact that you ignore that and didn't take the time to educate yourself about it doesn't authorize you to slap that poster.
    It's actually surprising that most people here seem to ignore that WoW was able to reach more than 10 million players for the simple reason that most of those players are based in China and pay a much smaller fee than they do. Or that they never realized that despite the fact that WoW had up to 12 million players, they never even remotely sold 12 million copies of any expansion: wonder why?

  13. #293
    numbers aren't surprising, I guessed it would sell less than cata, being double the cost and having no real end baddie doesn't give it much incentive. i'm holding off untill the price drops personally, i think 30 yams for an expansion is extortionate so i'm speaking with my wallet on this one.

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    I knew it. All the naysayers, im watchin you.
    Let's just wait till everyone got to see all the content oke? The trick is to keep over 10M subs.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 07:04 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Niteynite View Post
    The whole "something for everybody" approach with MoP is working imo. It's up to Blizzard to keep the momentum going. Keep us out in the world. Give us reasons to go out and do stuff once the intial release excitement wears off. Forget hard or easy raids, make them fun. And for goodness sakes, kill the casual vs hardcore wars that you started!
    I don't want to troll or burst your bubble but how can you know this approach works? Game has been out for two weeks.

  15. #295
    Good for Blizzard. They succeeded in their quest as the developers were QUOTED as stating...

    "Mists of Pandaria is for about age 12 and slightly older"
    Last edited by Titheon; 2012-10-05 at 07:11 AM.

  16. #296
    MoP is in my opinion the best expansion so far. Curious to the numbers in a few months indeed.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujiwara View Post
    I am glad to hear that you have information of the earnings from the Chinese. The funniest was your part about "players in china dont buy expansions", especially since it was released one week later than in the rest of the world. So these numbers does not include China.
    Yeah it's funny especially becouse it's true. WoW in China is free, they don't have to buy the main game or the expansions. They have to buy the time card and it costs around 5 $ for 66 hours. Even when the time card has only 1 cent in it, it counts as a subscriber thats why China has 5.5 mln "subscribers" .

    Source : http://www.warcraftchina.com/sales/intro.html
    When an EVE player quits the game for WoW, the average IQ of both communities increases.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by LollYPoPP View Post
    The fucking Annual Pass is what let a lot of people use to be still a "subscriber", but when it expires, and that are ppl, who didn`t bought MoP, because of the "Pandas and Chinese Stuff", Blizz is losing another XXXXXXXX players.
    LOL you do know that almost all annaul pass holders will keep playing right only like 5 to 10% of those won't be most people got it because they was going to play wow anyways honestly people like you are very silly if you think all of those were not planing to play wow even after the pass is up.im a annaul pass holder hint hint will keep on playing and almost all the rest will as well.
    Last edited by mikencarly; 2012-10-05 at 07:26 AM.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by lyxx View Post
    Even when the time card has only 1 cent in it, it counts as a subscriber thats why China has 5.5 mln "subscribers" .
    Source : http://www.warcraftchina.com/sales/intro.html
    Thanks for that hilarious TRUTH.

  20. #300
    Quote Originally Posted by Konig View Post
    I knew exactly what I was talking about. I was merely trying to point out the demise of WoW through strictly factual information.
    Indeed, strictly factual information that was not factual. Corner stone of any successful arguement.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •