Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

not true. if you unsub on blizzard's page, they won't charge your account anymore and they'll remove the goodies
    no questions asked, no penalties. i did this, then i resubbed later and it was never an issue.
    Did you have Diablo 3 and did they took that account too?

On topic, game is old and this number is amazing, considering that there are tons of new games out there and WOW is still number 1 MMO, even though its 8 years old. I stopped playing months ago for many reasons, but game is far far away from being dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikijih View Post
    So this makes absolutely no sens whatsoever. There are only 2.7 mil ppl with the current xpack. meaning they have over 7 million farmers and botter and inactive accounts somehow being counted.
    Large majority of people in game are not at max level, 10 mil number covers everyone with an active sub ie. paying customer (definition depends on region though).
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Quote Originally Posted by Meera View Post
    Let me guess. This expansion is really short compared with the others on selling. I remember cata hitting 4 million. 2.7 is too short. Expect a lot of people leaving when they see they can't enjoy the game.
    What are you talking about?
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Is it possible to get a refund?

Deleted
    I don't get why people say things like 'best exp ever' when it's not even been out a month. Talk about jumping the gun a bit. Most people love the exp at the start because its new and you've been bored stupid the previous months.. or year for cata!! Before branding it 'amazeballs' maybe wait to see its longevity first and how long the 'amusement' will last and what else they have to offer.

I had no interest in playing anymore, got the exp gifted to me from a friend. There is no shortage of things to do at present, tons of dailies although I have loremaster done there's still other things to go check out and what not. I did one pet battle and was like.. balls to this crap. Maybe if I get reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly bored and want to achievement whore I might do something with it but its quite lame imo, pretty much like the tillers stuff.. mini farmville type junk that maybe appeals to other people.

Something they do need to start addressing, bank/void storage space. I think its about time they upgarde the storage in the game, not any of this player housing crap either just proper storage space or at least somewhere to store tier sets your use in transmog.
    Has anyone seen the amount of 'trinkets' in game now.. most rares drop them or ones from quests etc.. it's insane and no real space to stick em if you want to keep. Most are rubbish but you know what I mean.

Any the gold cap when transferring are outdated even for mid wotlk times. 50k.. come on.
    Last edited by mmocf74f506587; 2012-10-06 at 01:45 PM.

So, after reading quite a lot of the previous posts that state "wow is clearly dying" due to the 2.7 million purchases and bumping the current player base up by a million (or more) in the first week of launch... Does that therefore mean that SWtOR is dead, Rift is dead, Secret World is dead and also TERA is dead?

Because I severely doubt that any of them will see a million people pick them up at their next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rs10 View Post
    Mists of Pandaria best expansion to date!
    I still have to say it was Lich King Expansion that made the game blow up. The majority of people i have talked to say they miss the Lich King days and that in their opinion LK was best expansion ever. Same IMO.

Gained like 1 million subscribers so far! Keep it upp Blizzard. Mists of Pandaria best expansion to date!
    lol you just started playing, huh?

It's catastrophic. Much worse then Cataclysm, which was extremely mediocre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Good for them, how long those subs last is a whole nother story though. I can see 500k-1M leaving by January if content is sluggish again though. Only time will tell.
    5.1 is going to be hitting the PTR pretty soon, which they don't usually make announcements like that without any real means to back it up. 5.1 should probably be up on the PTR within a month, and we should be seeing the actual patch by december. I'm kind of shocked actually as theres already a new patch in the works even though the game hasn't even been out for 2 weeks yet. Better get my ass in gear, literally :P

the best expansion was tbc. i got a scroll of res from my friend and bought pandaland, played for 7 days and quit. got my lvl 90 and ready for the next expansion!

Quote Originally Posted by runeb1980@hotmail.com View Post
    lol you just started playing, huh?

It's catastrophic. Much worse then Cataclysm, which was extremely mediocre.
    Based on what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Meera View Post
    Let me guess. This expansion is really short compared with the others on selling. I remember cata hitting 4 million. 2.7 is too short. Expect a lot of people leaving when they see they can't enjoy the game.
    How are they being forced to not enjoy the game exactly?

Every single person in my guild/raid group loves it so far, as do I.

10+ Year Old Account
    see how many ppl remain if they decide to release crz in pandaria... if they do i will be checking out

Deleted
    so we have 2.7M copies of pandas.. Lets add to this like 1.5M of late subs, who're waiting for friends opinions(like me )
    we have 10M subs in total..(AGAIN!!!1111oneoneeleven)
    and December is coming (annual pass was announced like in November)
    and conclusion.. If you know what i mean

still i think its not full data. 2.7 M is pretty low.. too low.

Im confused here but sounds like a marketing play on words here. Lets figure - 2.7 Million copies of MoP but 10 Million Subs. Where is the other 7.3 Million? Those numbers do not sound good if you think logically. Also, How many of those are RaF related for 300% Monk leveling. If you notice blizzard offers cheap deals, mounts, etc. right before the numbers get released. Its good marketing Blizzard but i would like to see some real numbers on how many people are gone. We can see that top guilds have moved on or downsized. I think the only way they can really get subs to pick up is allow all gamers 300% leveling speed. 90 is high and its not fun when your leveling by yourself when blizzard is pushing harder for World PVP. Of course people will say join a PVE realm but then when you want to enjoy the real style play of PVP when anything can happen you have to pay 50 smackers to transfer. Give players 1 free transfer or something, or a transfer coin when you hit max level... LOL sounds funny but its a huge drawback for new gamers.

Overall, I really think blizzard did a good job on Mist but the Grind was a little longer than i would wish. Also lets make Spirits BoA

Where is TITAN?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    see how many ppl remain if they decide to release crz in pandaria... if they do i will be checking out
    CRZ? is what?

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    It's pretty funny to see people arguing over whether or not a game with 3M expansions sales and 10M subscribers is dying. Some people really need some perspective.
    You stopped playing a while ago didn't you?

My criteria of if WoW is dead or not is if Boub is playing.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 06:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    So, after reading quite a lot of the previous posts that state "wow is clearly dying" due to the 2.7 million purchases and bumping the current player base up by a million (or more) in the first week of launch... Does that therefore mean that SWtOR is dead, Rift is dead, Secret World is dead and also TERA is dead?

Because I severely doubt that any of them will see a million people pick them up at their next expansion.
    No one is comparing WoW to other games when they make these claims. You can only compare current numbers to previous expansions and according to that there's an obvious downward trend.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-10-10 at 06:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15