Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Lesser Charms need to be obtained from other sources; not just dailies

Does it seem odd to anyone else that lesser charms; which are turned in for 3 elder charms weekly; comes from alternate content (dailies) for people who don't raid/or have time to, etc etc. These charms can ONLY be used in a raid as an extra roll; they serve no other purpose. Why are they only available via dailies? Shouldn't these be available from raids considering they can only be used IN RAIDS as an extra roll? It seems kinda stupid the way you obtain them. Does this bother anyone else? It seems like blizz royally fucked up when they designed this function and how you obtain them.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont see a Royal fuck up, factions help a lot the initial raiding gear, and can be gotten rep with via dailies. Make sense to me. Plus LFR is as much of a raid, as beatingan MMO

its an option in the game to get the coins, these coins are NOT REQUIRED to progress or gear up.

the fact that you can use 30 coins and win nothing at all, (i know many ppl used 12 won 0 items) is proof that its an optional part of the game, dont like it? dont do it.

its extra optional content, what would you do in cata or wotlk? ...nothing it didnt even exist so why cry over optional new features of the game.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2012-10-30 at 10:48 PM.

Since the Charms have such a low chance to give you anything but gold, not sure it matters that you need more of them. 3 a week = ~90g. I have plenty of gold,
    i just wish the chance of loot from using a charm was higher. Also, from doing dailies since launch, my main has over 1000 lesser charms, I wouldn't need to run dailies for quite awhile anyway.

Deleted
    I think the point of the charms was an extra reward and perhaps incentive to do the dailys. They arent requiered to get loot they just help you. If you care so much about getting gear quicker then a few days of dailys a week shouldnt be to much to do. I do however agree that perhaps we should be able to hand in more per week but the current system is doing quite well at getting me to spend them wisely.

Deleted
    They are NOT only useable in raids you can use them on world bosses too.
    the only thing fucked up is how you are asking a question without informing yourself properly before

You can also get them via the ancient cache keys =)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    They are NOT only useable in raids you can use them on world bosses too.
    What's world boss then if not a raid?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really surprised at the amount of waaah the whole lesser/elder charm thing has produced.

I barely noticed them at first - didn't know what they were for or how it worked. When I figured it out, I was all 'oh, sweet, something that increases my chance of getting raid loot! Awesome!' And yet so many people are complaining about how much a pain they apparently are.

If Blizzard went wrong at all, it was doing it in the first place to give people one more ridiculous BS thing to complain about.

Folks arent gonna be happy until they have every item of current tier all in the first week than they will bitch the graphics on it is terrible and we have no content to do since we finished it in 3 days. Blizzard needs to learn they can never please this 5% group that constantly whines and cries. infacto the game would probably become better and more pleasant the more of this 5% fringe group that they lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't surprise me if eventually the charms are discarded and everyone just gets a button to push 3 times per raid lockout that resets every week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Does it seem odd to anyone else that lesser charms; which are turned in for 3 elder charms weekly; comes from alternate content (dailies) for people who don't raid/or have time to, etc etc. These charms can ONLY be used in a raid as an extra roll; they serve no other purpose. Why are they only available via dailies? Shouldn't these be available from raids considering they can only be used IN RAIDS as an extra roll? It seems kinda stupid the way you obtain them. Does this bother anyone else? It seems like blizz royally fucked up when they designed this function and how you obtain them.
    I think Blizzard got it right with the design and intent of the charms. I strongly disagree with your contention that 'blizzard royally fucked up'. I submit that your wishes and desires cloud your viewpoint and it doesn't match Blizzard's.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if eventually the charms are discarded and everyone just gets a button to push 3 times per raid lockout that resets every week.
    That will just make people complain about something even more inane. Maybe that's why the evil space whales haven't drained their minds yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I think Blizzard got it right with the design and intent of the charms. I strongly disagree with your contention that 'blizzard royally fucked up'. I submit that your wishes and desires cloud your viewpoint and it doesn't match Blizzard's.
    Thanks for your input.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That will just make people complain about something even more inane.
    Yeah, like why it isn't per dungeon instead of per lockout. I hope I'm not seeing the future here...

Maybe that's why the evil space whales haven't drained their minds yet...
    High five!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see why they implemented the Charms of Good Fortune, but I feel that they are redundant with giving Valor Points for doing dailies, too. Both 'give' raid level gear. Perhaps Justice Points should be given through dailies instead of Valor, so then DPS (or healers and tanks) could use it to gear up for raids easier than just Heroics, where DPS have a long queue time and Scenarios can get repetitive or have a low drop chance for loot. But I'm rambling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

I find there are already too many things gated by dailies. Allowing Lesser Charms to be obtained in other ways would be a good thing imo. Since there is a cap of only 3 Charms per week I don't see how offering another method of obtaining them would do any harm.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even my roommate (who is the laziest motherfucker on the planet in wow) does enough dailies a week to get his coins. If he can do it, so can everyone else. Heaven forbid you have to do something that isn't fun to get something that you really want.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    Even my roommate (who is the laziest motherfucker on the planet in wow) does enough dailies a week to get his coins. If he can do it, so can everyone else. Heaven forbid you have to do something that isn't fun to get something that you really want.
    I guess I'm kinda like him lol. I'm gonna be finding a pattern of obtaining the 90 charms weekly and just stick to doing that. I don't hate the dailies THAT much I just hate the fact that my alts will have to go through this grind.

You need ~13 coins a day to get the 90 per week. So doing all Klaxxi or Golden Lotus will already give you more than you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Gives a Buff View Post
    I can see why they implemented the Charms of Good Fortune, but I feel that they are redundant with giving Valor Points for doing dailies, too. Both 'give' raid level gear. Perhaps Justice Points should be given through dailies instead of Valor, so then DPS (or healers and tanks) could use it to gear up for raids easier than just Heroics, where DPS have a long queue time and Scenarios can get repetitive or have a low drop chance for loot. But I'm rambling.
    It's not quite the same thing. One gives you guaranteed "raid level" gear, while the other gives you a chance to get actual raid gear.
    Also, one can be redeemed without ever raiding at all, the other still requires you to kill the boss first.
    The distinction will become even bigger once upgrading has been added in 5.1.