As a 25m guild we 1-shot Spiritbinder last night without ever attempting the fight before on beta or live. We kept it as simple as possible. Had 2 groups of DPS (2 shadow priests in 1 group and a shadow priest + boomkin in the other group) and a rough rotation for healers. However healers mostly communicated and decided if they were going to go in based on their current mana situation. We also designated 2 backup DPS in case one of the 4 DPS couldn't make it in due to voodoo dolls.
We used maybe 2 healing CDs post-20% and lost 1 person, had almost no issues.
Boss mod timers are definitely off for enrage, pretty annoying. Just treat it as if you have about 6 mins to kill the boss. He's got a "true" hard enrage and will just one shot everyone instantly
there's got to be something up with my group because two healing outside the enrage is tough as it is. maby its because im a priests and witht he groups being fucked up I'm gimped (poh only hitting 3 people when tank and totem group is down. i wonder if it is our tanks because for us the first phase is nothing to sleep though.
Originally Posted by J.D. Salinger
also while two healing it did you guys keep your 2nd healer inside spamming heals, or did he top them off and leave?. sending the same two dps down every time is leaving us hitting hte enrage but with our damge issue we ant affor dmore adds it seems.
Last edited by Blood Fox; 2012-10-08 at 11:59 PM.
Originally Posted by J.D. Salinger
I hunt and stuff.Retired Hunter
And having a rotation of dps going down means the dps with the damage buff can have the time dps the boss efficiently.
So, have different groups of dps go down, have the healers talk to each other to see who needs mana/who has the debuff, don't hesitate to use cooldowns on the tank when voodoo dolls are up, and don't hesitate to use bloodlust at he start of the fight when everyone have their CDs lined up and can dps patchwerk-style for a moment.
Last edited by kouby; 2012-10-09 at 06:24 AM.
I want to ask a question from healer's point of view:
Does HOT only increase one stack on dps during entire duration or increase one stack on every healing tick?
Thanks in advance!
A few healer POW observations:
At first we 3 healed it but hit the enrage a couple of times.
After swapping to 2 healers we killed it in 3rd try (5min 21s), I actually found it a lot easier to 2 heal as you have a lot more control over the manaregen.
The key to this fight is the Buff you get in the spirit realm. It build’s DPS buff and a mana regen buff on the healer.
• Keep SPAM healing the dps and yourself (Binding heal is great as priest). The more you heal the bigger the buff – keep healing ALL THE TIME..
• Right before you exit the sprit realm try and land a heal on all 3 persons to refresh the 30 sec duration. (sry didn’t have time to test is hots or mayby CoH was enough as this was our first kill)
• When you exit the spirit realm you’ll have an insane manaregen (I checked min during the fight and had 49.000 mana pr second regen as buff for 30 sec). So for the duration of the buff (while in the normal world) spam heal everything with the biggest most expensive heals you have to ease off the work for the other healer (and his mana). You’ll still regen faster then you are able to spend it so after 30 sec you should still be at 100% mana.
• Once the Buff drops off its time to think again. If the other healer are in / going in the spirit realm you might want to pop some CD’s. The damage is very high. Mindbender (as you now start to use mana), Power Infusion, Hymn and other manaregen / selfbuffs are helpful here to keep everyone alive. (I advise Holy priests to have the hymn ready when you hit 20%, the dmg you need to heal is pretty hard – especially if the RL by mistake calls BL before you and the 2 dps exits the spirit realm = no BL for you)
• Once the other healer comes out again he will start healing like a madman and you can slow down a bit so you don’t run out of mana.
• Always make sure you have enough mana to heal 3 people up from 30 to 100% and start overhealing (so gain manaregen). It’s a really bad idea to go OOM in the spirit realm. It will come close as you want to convert as much mana to healing before you enter the spritrealm to help the other healer
• Remember that you might have to survive / heal 2 phases in the normal realm in a row. If it is your turn to go in and you are Vohdo dolled, you can’t, and the other healer have to go again.
• If you are about to enter the spirit realm and your mana is not very low remember to help the healer outside by applying hots, shields, spam heals ect. right before you go in. I run to the totem and start spam healing everything.
It’s a fun fight and you’ll be using some spells you are not normally using. As a priest I do not use flash heal unless it’s an emergency or something like that, but on this fight its all Flash-Flash-Big Heal (Greater / PoH)
I didn’t use my lvl90 talent heals as mush as I should (“forgot” as they normally are to mana expensive to use and kind of fare away from my normal rotation).
Last edited by Meyer; 2012-10-10 at 08:33 AM.
We were wiping on enrage with 3 healers on 10man, dropped a healer and did a clean kill on next try. Just have 6 good dps and you can make the enrage timer.
Many hugs for Shyama for awesome sig!
Thoroughly enjoyed this fight as holy paladin, my hands were shaking at the end as it was quite intensive! (or it might have been the alcohol, not sure :P) But ye 2 healing is the way to go, paladins are great for the spirit realm because we can beacon a dps and spam heal the other. try not to stay in there too long as a healer once you have healed everyone to full, and top yourself off just before you leave to refresh your mana buff.
Don't let anyone enter the spirit realm when boss reaches 23% or so, the frenzy isn't too bad actually, was expecting alot more damage but as we were all stacked up I guess the aoe heals from myself and the resto shaman nulified most of it
Also, don't make the mistake I did if you enter the spirit realm with not much mana (it can happen) and start healing the dps straight away....make sure you heal yourself FIRST so you get your mana buff going, it doesnt take long to heal the dps up.
It's basically a healer fight, as they end up buffing the dps and themselves aswell as being able to sustain the huge amount of damage going on.
Thanks to everyone here who has posted, found a lot of useful information for our next attempt. We've been wiping on this guy for the last two nights I do have a few questions, though. 1. What are the best classes to take into the spirit world? Of the dps, we have an Aflock, Spriest, Mage, Monk, Fury Warr, and feral druid. We found some success with sending me (fury warr) and the monk in there, but I'm not sure if that's optimal or not. We seemed to be downing the spirits just fine until about the 50% mark. That's when things start to get crazy in there. 2. We have a Holy Priest and Resto Shaman for heals - do you have any advice for how best to utilize them? Our resto shaman seems to go OOM rather quickly and are not sure what the problem could be.
"No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10