Deleted

The evolution of 2handed swords

It started awesome

But then...it started getting shorter

2handed Quel' Delar

1handed Quel'Delar. If there is a difference I don't see it

Ruthless 2handed sword

Probably the next step in evolution

What could be the reason ? It's pretty simple actually: Laziness. You see, making various weapon models requires actual work, so it's much easier to use one model/size and just bend it and add various textures to it. Since the devs still got to make dagger sized weapons, I wouldn't be surprised it take the easy path there too and just tag daggers as 2handed.

And how come while all weapon models have been used several times, the model for Armageddon is just one, never used again except for some mobs ?

Deleted
    lold at the dagger 2h

hope blizzard does designs like the good old Armageddon ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    not epic but its stiller pretty large http://www.wowhead.com/item=81577

Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    not epic but its stiller pretty large http://www.wowhead.com/item=81577
    still looks like a block and not a awesome looking weapon like tbc and vanila weapons...but this is what transmog is for..so blizzard can be lazy

Wow. Two small swords equals Blizzard being lazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Why, on these forums, does everything that people do not agree with Blizzard doing is always *laziness*.

The two handed swords are actually pretty good. If people here are *so* smart, come up with 300+ designs, all different, on what is basically a long piece of metal on a handle, and still looks vaguely practical.

Then come back and ramble about laziness.
    I would just challenge you to bring 3 2 Handed swords from cata that looked "cool" something that is worth transmogging a sword to look like not a sword that you are going to go get a far better looking one out of your void storage and change.. not even one that you are going to wield as is... but find swords that you would transmog a current weapon to look like.

I'd actually complain about shrinking 1-handers

*koff* King's Defender *koff*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swunt View Post
    still looks like a block and not a awesome looking weapon like tbc and vanila weapons...but this is what transmog is for..so blizzard can be lazy
    looks as much like a block as the grand marshalls claymore does. and to reply to later posts, the only cata sword i can think of is gurthalak and that wasnt plain at all

Well 2h weapons just happen to be small for whatever reason. Not that I actually left a weapon in it's original state since transmogrification anyways since pretty much everything looks shit to me.

10+ Year Old Account

Cataclysmic Gladiator's Sword

Heroic Zoid's Firelit greatsword

Gurthalak

I Like them all, and have seen many killer looking transmog sets using them.

Deleted
    Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds.. Is this good enough? Or maybe to small?

Deleted
    I've noticed alot of re used models for BoE epics in MoP, not sure if that was the case in cata, I honestly can't remember, but it is kind of disapointing to pick up an epic and it looks exactly the same as the epic you were using at the begining of cata.

But hey, its a small gripe, not something that takes away from the whole game IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is getting rather ridiculous. I've been levelling my 3rd Warrior to be my DPS Warrior and I gotta say the moment I hit 80 all the weapons just started to look like 1h weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

"Hey guys."
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gullin View Post
    Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds.. Is this good enough? Or maybe to small?
    Do you know that its a recycled model from vanilla indeed?

Deleted
    I would just challenge you to bring 3 2 Handed swords from cata that looked "cool" something that is worth transmogging a sword to look like not a sword that you are going to go get a far better looking one out of your void storage and change.. not even one that you are going to wield as is... but find swords that you would transmog a current weapon to look like.
    How does you not liking a model translate to laziness?

It's got nothing to do with laziness and FYI OP, the big swords from vanilla have lower polycounts and textures and were probably faster to make

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Wow. Two small swords equals Blizzard being lazy?
    Don't you know? Anything that doesn't fit player expectations on how it should be, is "Blizzard being lazy again"?

Even such a thing as there not being both a 1h AND 2h Strength weapon of both Axe, Mace AND Sword types at endgame, that's Blizzard Being Lazy, because there's always one race that won't get a tiny bit of an advantage with Expertise. In this tier, no Maces for PVE. That's OMG LAZINESS right there, if the Dwarves ever find out...

OT, I do agree there should be a clear visible difference between 1h and 2h weapons. Quel'Delar is actually a fine example of that. They could easily have scaled the 2h versions up a bit. Something like Lerah's Ribsmasher doesn't look at all like a 2h sword.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather be a knight-berserker wielding a claymore than Cloud wielding a Buster Sword.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=63679/re...he-brotherhood

Any version of Gurthalak: http://www.wowhead.com/item=78478

Both Zoid's swords: http://www.wowhead.com/item=71781

Both of these: http://www.wowhead.com/item=73442

Thats 9 different swords. Every 2-handed sword in Cata you can still acquire minus the crappy blue one from dungeons. I would find and use a transmog for each one.