View Poll Results: Who will you vote for?

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mitt Romney

    18 16.67%
  • Barrack Obama

    42 38.89%
  • I live in the USA but I won't/cant vote

    8 7.41%
  • I'm not eligible to vote (live outside the USA)

    40 37.04%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Proportionality? You mean how cutting 20% of every tax bracket rate results in a bigger rate cut for those at the top? That went over my head? Feel free to explain how I am wrong. Explain to me how cutting 20% from 35% isn't bigger than 20% of 10%. Explain it.
    Explain to me why you care as long as it's not changing the revenue that the government is getting from taxes.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

  2. #42
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    24,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Explain to me why you care as long as it's not changing the revenue that the government is getting from taxes.
    Why would I care that the middle class pays more in taxes? Let me see, perhaps it's because the middle class' spending drives the economy? And with higher taxes to pay they will spend less? You want me to explain how (and Mitt even made a point of it) that middle class income is going down, but it's right to burden them with a higher tax bill? Are you serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

    Cycling Logs: 2012, 2013, 2014 (YTD-9.30).

  3. #43
    The Lightbringer DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    3,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Proportionality? You mean how cutting 20% of every tax bracket rate results in a bigger rate cut for those at the top? That went over my head? Feel free to explain how I am wrong. Explain to me how cutting 20% from 35% isn't bigger than 20% of 10%. Explain it.
    Proportionally it is the same. If I take $100 from one person and $10 from another, and I reduce that to $90 from the first and $9 from the second, I have done the same thing for each of them proportionally. The cut for the high earners would nominally be larger than the cut for the lower earners because the lower earners are paying far less to start with. If anything you can say Romney still favors the low earners by this kind of tax reduction/reform by wanting to keep the higher earners paying a far larger nominal amount and far larger percent than the low earners.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Why would I care that the middle class pays more in taxes? Let me see, perhaps it's because the middle class' spending drives the economy? And with higher taxes to pay they will spend less? You want me to explain how (and Mitt even made a point of it) that middle class income is going down, but it's right to burden them with a higher tax bill? Are you serious?
    So first you say Romney wants to reduce the middle class tax brackets by 20% then you say he wants them to pay more taxes? I'm not a mathematician but that doesn't add up.

    BBL to continue fighting liberal distortion and misinformation after history exam (yay).
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2012-10-04 at 04:42 PM. Reason: BBL
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by rukentuts View Post
    why would i care that the middle class pays more in taxes? Let me see, perhaps it's because the middle class' spending drives the economy? And with higher taxes to pay they will spend less? You want me to explain how (and mitt even made a point of it) that middle class income is going down, but it's right to burden them with a higher tax bill? Are you serious?
    they're not paying more taxes
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Your going to have to elaborate. You didnt really say anything, kinda like obama last night

    Your link has like 8 scripts on a site ive never heard from, didnt look.
    Anyone who even thinks about eating for bacon needs to seriously do some research and reconsider. It is a terrible food and a terrible meat product.

    Nah man, this logic is solid, see? You can just plug in a word and say whatever you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

  6. #46
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    24,224
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post


    So first you say Romney wants to reduce the middle class tax brackets by 20% then you say he wants them to pay more taxes? I'm not a mathematician but that doesn't add up.

    BBL to continue fighting liberal distortion and misinformation after history exam (yay).
    Because you don't comprehend deductions and credits. You haven't a single clue on how the US tax system even works.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 11:44 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    they're not paying more taxes
    When you have less deductions and credits, your tax bill goes up. If you are unable to grasp this fact, there's no further point in responding to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

    Cycling Logs: 2012, 2013, 2014 (YTD-9.30).

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Because you don't comprehend deductions and credits. You haven't a single clue on how the US tax system even works.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 11:44 AM ----------

    When you have less deductions and credits, your tax bill goes up. If you are unable to grasp this fact, there's no further point in responding to you.
    There's no point in responding to you when you can't get that a 20% tax cut is not a tax increase, especially when the deductions for lower and middle class will remain unchanged. It's the more rich you get that you get fewer deductions. I fail to see how you think that's an increase.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

  8. #48
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    24,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    There's no point in responding to you when you can't get that a 20% tax cut is not a tax increase, especially when the deductions for lower and middle class will remain unchanged. It's the more rich you get that you get fewer deductions. I fail to see how you think that's an increase.
    Family with children making under 50k a year. Their federal income tax bill is <= 0 due to credits and deductions. When those go away, tell me what happens to their tax bill.

    I'll give you a hint: it goes greater than 0. Any percent cut of a number greater than zero is still greater than zero.

    You get it yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

    Cycling Logs: 2012, 2013, 2014 (YTD-9.30).

  9. #49

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    Its like trying to chose between Lucifer and Ba'al, but Romney.

    But Ba'al called 50% of us bums, so I am going to vote for Lucifer.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    A vote for anyone besides romney or obama is not going to do the country any good. Vote Romney.
    Hell No, I am not going to give my vote to either Romney nor Obama, I will vote for Gary Johnson, because he is the best choice and the voting system will never work unless people start taking the smaller political parties seriously and put an end to the stigma of voting for one of them.

    Of course if Ron Paul would have beaten Romney in the primaries I would of been voting republican, but then again I vote for the person not the party.
    "I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the united states of America
    and to the republic for which it stands, one nation divided under many gods, Indecisive, with ignorance and greed for all
    "Maybe if our kids recited the truth before class they would grow to avoid the mistakes of their forefathers."

  12. #52
    Gary Johnson.
    Too bad we don't have an alternate vote system.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Obama - I'm not voting for him as much as I'm voting against Romney.

    This is because Romney's plans are centered around most tax cuts for rich individuals on the basis that they will create jobs (Newsflash: private individuals don't create jobs, businesses do), and a mess of other reasons I won't burden this thread with.

    In addition, Obama has been obstructed by Congress for most of his term, so I feel the dude at least needs a shot.
    Right. Obama had his shot he failed. Everything is worse. Congress didn't obstruct him because he went around them and the supreme court many times breaking the law as he did so. As to businesses creating jobs uh who do you think owns businesses smart guy? Rich individuals. Thats why they are rich. Microsoft creates jobs. Bill gates owns microsoft. Hence bill gates created the jobs. Every business today was started by a rich individual. And yes giving tax breaks to the rich will create jobs and strengthen the economy. Its been proven time and time again. obamas plan is to throw money away on bailouts which don't work and have been proven time and time again not to work. Anyone who votes for obama after he has made the country worse in the last 4 years hates america.

  14. #54
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    24,224
    Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    Right. Obama had his shot he failed. Everything is worse. Congress didn't obstruct him because he went around them and the supreme court many times breaking the law as he did so. As to businesses creating jobs uh who do you think owns businesses smart guy? Rich individuals. Thats why they are rich. Microsoft creates jobs. Bill gates owns microsoft. Hence bill gates created the jobs. Every business today was started by a rich individual. And yes giving tax breaks to the rich will create jobs and strengthen the economy. Its been proven time and time again. obamas plan is to throw money away on bailouts which don't work and have been proven time and time again not to work. Anyone who votes for obama after he has made the country worse in the last 4 years hates america.
    Daftone: There is so much wrong with your post.

    1) If he went around SCOTUS, why haven't they ruled his actions unconstitutional?
    2) You think only rich individuals start businesses? Have you ever heard of loans? In addition, business owners never risk their personal assets with their business. They incorporate.

    PS: Take a course in Economics. Having capital doesn't create jobs. Having demand for your products / services does. If you have massive amounts of capital and no demand because consumers have no money to spend, you're not going to create jobs. This is why trickle-down does not work.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2012-10-04 at 05:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

    Cycling Logs: 2012, 2013, 2014 (YTD-9.30).

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    Right. Obama had his shot he failed. Everything is worse. Congress didn't obstruct him because he went around them and the supreme court many times breaking the law as he did so. As to businesses creating jobs uh who do you think owns businesses smart guy? Rich individuals. Thats why they are rich. Microsoft creates jobs. Bill gates owns microsoft. Hence bill gates created the jobs. Every business today was started by a rich individual. And yes giving tax breaks to the rich will create jobs and strengthen the economy. Its been proven time and time again. obamas plan is to throw money away on bailouts which don't work and have been proven time and time again not to work. Anyone who votes for obama after he has made the country worse in the last 4 years hates america.
    ...so, uh, I'm guessing you've never heard of this thing called 'small business'.

    (in before long rant post about how small businesses don't create jobs, replying to someone who has worked for small businesses.)
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

  16. #56
    Scarab Lord GreatOak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Chicago, USA
    Posts
    4,848
    No option for third parties so thread disregarded.



    Obama and Romney are both disgusting individuals and if you think otherwise you're probably delusional or malicious. I'm not voting for corporate goons that are willing to take away our civil liberties piece by piece.
    "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides, 400BC.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by daftone View Post
    Right. Obama had his shot he failed. Everything is worse. Congress didn't obstruct him because he went around them and the supreme court many times breaking the law as he did so. As to businesses creating jobs uh who do you think owns businesses smart guy? Rich individuals. Thats why they are rich. Microsoft creates jobs. Bill gates owns microsoft. Hence bill gates created the jobs. Every business today was started by a rich individual. And yes giving tax breaks to the rich will create jobs and strengthen the economy. Its been proven time and time again. obamas plan is to throw money away on bailouts which don't work and have been proven time and time again not to work. Anyone who votes for obama after he has made the country worse in the last 4 years hates america.

    I own shares in Microsoft therefore I create jobs.


    Bow before me and thank me for creating jobs peons!

    Oh wait, that is something Romney would say...
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-10-04 at 05:09 PM.

  18. #58
    The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mini Soda
    Posts
    24,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    I own shares in microsoft therefore I create jobs.


    Bow before me and thank me for creating jobs peons!
    Actually Purlina, you buying Windows or Office creates jobs for Microsoft.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.

    Cycling Logs: 2012, 2013, 2014 (YTD-9.30).

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickcraft View Post
    Mitt Romney

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 11:49 AM ----------



    4 years wasn't enough of a shot?
    It's hard to get anything done when congress cock blocks him the entire term.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Actually Purlina, you buying Windows or Office creates jobs for Microsoft.
    Not directly, the capital doesn't go to Microsoft. It goes to the person who sold me the share, which may be another individual.

    Well unless it's an IPO or additional shares sold by Microsoft.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •