10+ Year Old Account

Is it worth to pay the extra...

Is it worth it to pay an extra 150$ and upgrade "3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3450 (6M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)" to a "3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770 (8M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)"?

Is there a big performance difference between them? I know about hyper-threading but is it worth it for the bigger cache and power or is it simply not worth an additional 150$?

Does the 3450 and the 3770 have big differences in WoW?

Thanks

Deleted
    put simply: not worth it. You won't see any real difference in wow, unless you decide to overclock (and you'd need an unlocked cpu for that)

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with overclocking, you won't really see a difference between both in terms of gaming.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Depends on how long you plan on going before a new computer. If it's more than a couple years, go for faster one. It will last you longer.

For gaming, no. If you plan on doing heavier tasks like videoencoding, 3D drawings etc then yes, go for an i7. If you got your pocket full of cash and you don't care if you spend a little extra, go for it. I got an i7, it gives me nothing in gaming but I do more than just gaming and I don't care about the price as I build my own systems and I am never able to build for less than 2000 euro anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Even with overclocking, you won't really see a difference between both in terms of gaming.
    In 25man raids with ultra settings you do. But that is the one exception.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    If it's the case that you can, that difference is barely noticable. I didn't see any difference at all. I had 3-4 FPS higher than normal, but at between 46 and 49/50 fps on average I was not able to see the difference. (2600k@3,4 vs 2600k@4,5)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    that difference is barely noticable. I didn't see any difference at all. I had 3-4 FPS higher than normal
    I'd be fuckin' ecstatic for extra 4fps on Ultraxion. So yeah, it's more than barely noticeable.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    I ment it as in the i5-3570k vs i7-3770k.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory