1. #1

    WTB Pvp Power JC Only Gems

    There's no pvp power JC only gems! As far as i can tell even 320 PvP power gems are far superior to even 320int.



    4818/1818=2.65* PvP power per 0.1%

    Just 265 pvp power per 1% more damage (I realise theres a slight Diminshing return but i doubt it will pass one 320 gem not giving 1% damage).

    I could be wrong but getting 1% more damage also could be thought as 1% more intellect since it will be scaling the damage with your spellpower. Jewelcrafters need these gems... or I'm going to have to go blacksmithing on a warlock for a bonus 640 PvP power ¬_¬
    Last edited by Wannabetank; 2012-10-03 at 07:51 PM.

  2. #2
    Fluffy Kitten Fhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Carnished Toast
    Posts
    3,219
    They're making gems more attractive, and one of the ways was to give secondary stats twice the budget of primary stats. Before, you either gem all red (plus the occasional orange/purple to meet socket bonus) or you're not optimal. Having a PvP Power defeat this purpose. Everyone would gem PvP power because as you correctly pointed out, it's far superior to anything else. They're moving away from that model.

    Plus, if I am right, PvP power is not part of the item budget, so you won't necessarily get 320 stat (implying it has the same budget as secondary stats).

    Paladin and D3 Moderator | MMO-C Guidelines | Signature and avatar art by Dancing Hare

  3. #3
    Stood in the Fire Exploitbat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    458
    Other professions don't give extra pvp power stats either as far as I know. Leatherworkers get no bracers enchant with pvp power, enchanters can't enchant their rings with pvp power, etc.

    Gotta love how JCers always feel like they deserve more than everyone else :P

  4. #4
    Got the belt and conquest trinket for 1.3k sp, its sad they didnt give jcing only versions but in a way its also good... pvp gear will and should be pvp power gemed thus useless for pve even if the item's pf the same ilvl have the same stats but gems will make it medicore.



    Yay for pvp power <3

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Exploitbat View Post
    Other professions don't give extra pvp power stats either as far as I know. Leatherworkers get no bracers enchant with pvp power, enchanters can't enchant their rings with pvp power, etc.

    Gotta love how JCers always feel like they deserve more than everyone else :P
    There is a fundamental problem with what you are saying. A jewelcrafter, in using their primary stat JC only gems, will have to sacrifice pvp power. No other crafting profession must currently make a sacrifice like this.

    As of right now, a 320 pvp power gem is worth more damage than the primary stat JC gems. The JC gems are simply not worth using, and it is frustrating because we are gaining no benefit whatsoever from the profession.

  6. #6
    Brewmaster smegdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisyhead View Post
    There is a fundamental problem with what you are saying. A jewelcrafter, in using their primary stat JC only gems, will have to sacrifice pvp power. No other crafting profession must currently make a sacrifice like this.

    As of right now, a 320 pvp power gem is worth more damage than the primary stat JC gems. The JC gems are simply not worth using, and it is frustrating because we are gaining no benefit whatsoever from the profession.
    Yeah that does make alot of sense now.

    Would be cool if the JC Profession bonus wasn't a gem at all. But instead its some magical glitter that you put on normal/rare/epic gems that just makes them more powerful.

    Example:

    Turn your 320 pvp power gem into a 320 pvp power + JC stat bonus.

  7. #7
    How about three more blue Serpent's eye cuts, each equal to the standard amount of PvP power on a blue gem, with the extra "profession bonus" Int, Str, or Agi attached?

    OP's request is pretty overpowered, but something that doesn't penalize JCs would be fine. Asking for more than every other profession = lame. Asking to not be penalized = fine.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    How about three more blue Serpent's eye cuts, each equal to the standard amount of PvP power on a blue gem, with the extra "profession bonus" Int, Str, or Agi attached?

    OP's request is pretty overpowered, but something that doesn't penalize JCs would be fine. Asking for more than every other profession = lame. Asking to not be penalized = fine.
    My request is only as overpowered as droping jewelcrafting for blacksmithing for two extra sockets and geming an extra 640 PvP power. >.< Blacksmithing is the only profession to give access to additional PvP Power right now... it's the OP profession :P

    Also, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eursoul/simple im at 7195 pvp power and its droped 0.03 pvp power per percent... now need 249.8* (may aswell still be 265). I thought there was going to be a harsh DR but in final gear i'm expecting around 35-40% more damage against players..
    Last edited by Wannabetank; 2012-10-04 at 07:26 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Yeah that does make alot of sense now.

    Would be cool if the JC Profession bonus wasn't a gem at all. But instead its some magical glitter that you put on normal/rare/epic gems that just makes them more powerful.

    Example:

    Turn your 320 pvp power gem into a 320 pvp power + JC stat bonus.

    I like this idea a lot. It sounds like what amounts to gem enchants -- similar to the ring enchant for enchanters. I just made a post on the official forums. I'm hoping to get some sort of recognition of the problem, but I feel that it's doubtful considering JC lagged 20 stat points behind for all of Dragon Soul. Sadfaces

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisyhead View Post
    I like this idea a lot. It sounds like what amounts to gem enchants -- similar to the ring enchant for enchanters. I just made a post on the official forums. I'm hoping to get some sort of recognition of the problem, but I feel that it's doubtful considering JC lagged 20 stat points behind for all of Dragon Soul. Sadfaces
    Ikr, soon as epic gems come out jcing suffers. Personally jewelcrafting only gems should allow you to combine two different gems into one, that way if new gems come out we can upgrade our jcing only gems. It'd be no different than adding two extra sockets like blacksmithing.

    Soon as im honoured golden lotus using all my imperial silk and droping tailoring for bsing... see you then xD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •