Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok awesome but I still want the meta-achievement for reputations account-wide. I'm not gonna farm all 45 reputations that I already have on my new main... that would be a huge waste of time with all the new content. Boo.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had to laugh at the use of the ??? > Profit meme. It has many uses.

So this means that for old factions which I never finished getting to exalted, I can do half as much work to push them to exalted? Sweet! MC runs, here I come.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess this is the reason they got rid of the AB tabards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zechs-cenarius View Post
    Cool bro you think dailies are fun. Not the rest of us. Get off your high horse.
    Well here's the funny downward spiral you know.
    Pushing aside the fact whether they are fun or not the real issues I see with this is that they effectively remove any means that people play longer and as such pay more subscription fees.

I guess an argument could be used that some people are willing to do the grind if it were a tad bit easier and as such this change would make people roll more alts but that is assuming someone has the paitiance to do it agian over and over agian on each character.

Let us not forget that this change only reduces alt grind by half but doesnt address the very issue whether that grind is exciting or not. We're going from 10 hour of grind to 5 hour of grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmbryant91 View Post
    Guess this is the reason they got rid of the AB tabards.
    They did?
    10 char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skylar1 View Post
    speak for yourself son, grinding rep is not fun and will never be, if the stuff you just grind makes you proud and a worthy achievement, reconsider your gaming career.
    Wow. This must have been one of the most stupid ass comment on this website.
    By your logic, you should not be playing the game you want to and have fun the way you want to have fun?
    I like to grind rep if the reward in the end is a "rare" achievement and the item/titel coming along is well suited for my taste.

Just because a player likes getting a reward for a hard grind and feel accomplished, doesn't entitle you to tell him to reconsider how he plays the game..

Quote Originally Posted by NecroFrYeR View Post
    Keep catering to the damn whiners. Rep was fine the way it was. Too many lazy ass people looking for instant gratification.
    Socially assisted people should not talk about laziness, but get a job. I PROMISE you that for your paycheck nobody will "nerf" your work, neither you will get instant gratification. Your employer will make you work hard for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugum View Post
    They should have made a reputation tabard for each faction that is BoA and only obtainable when you hit Exalted. Your first character hits exalted, by grinding it as it stands now, and then he can buy the tabard to send to Alts for increased rep gain. I kinda liked all the different tabards in Cataclysm. They had some "flair".
    Actually, I like this person's suggestion the best.

I think a tabard would help out the people with multiple toons who don't want to have the longer time to get to exalted, and the people who feel more accomplishment from it taking longer can decide not to use the tabard. Having more choice is good, forcing choice is not so good.

But, if this is definitely going to go through, I have to agree that making it twice as fast to level from revered to exalted is just plain dumb. May as well get rid of reputations gains altogether.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    Silly whiners. Grinding =/= fun.
    Perhaps not for you. What I'm about to write might destroy your brain but there are people that do actually find grind fun? How is that possible? I stumbled upon it when I was grinding Netherwing. Yeah the activity are not spectacular, skill challenging or aspiring but that's not what it is all about. Grind is more about test of paitiance and tenacity to reach the goal, the test of character to get through what others dont have what it takes to finish. The ability to go above those smug standbys who think they could do that as well if they wanted to.

Competition with others to go where others dont have what it takes to do. That's what fun about grinding. The actual stand up to the "do it faggot" meme. Yes Dailies or grinding gets boring and tedious after a while but you might as well say the same about anything about the game. Hell! if you go crazy about it then you might as well label everything that stands betwean you and your objective as terrible grind because you may not enjoy what you are doing and you only see the end of the journey as the only worthwhile thing in it.

What I'm trying to say is that if you find something boring or tedious then perhaps it should be you who should develop a way to derive fun from it. It's not a disguised way to say "man up entitled!" It's really more of a good advice in life overall. In case of WoW, if you expect to be excited and entertained every single second you play... you might want to reconsider what you expect from reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwine View Post
    I like that they are helping us who play with multiple alts out, but... the double rep for revered to exalted seems like a bad idea. Now I'm not one who usually agrees with the whole "lol making wow eazier for kids" crowd, but I don't see whats wrong with the current grin, at least for the first character you get to that level. I don't see why they can't simply have it so your alts gain double or triple rep once you reach exulted once.
    It honestly makes no sense to me, it's like Blizz is trying to get around saying hey we cut the rep grind in half because people complained.

Less time to farm the same reputation i have already done on my main for my alts?

imokwiththis.jpg

Fantastic change, very pleased, despise dailies.

"the exalted" here i come!
    ???
    Profit
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    I like the alt change, but don't get double for main Revered to exalted.

Oh and the people blaming it on casuals are way wrong. Casuals aren't even 90 yet.

This is all the people who said "I love BC" then when they got rep grind started whining.

So please stop blaming casuals, this proves that the hardcore wannabees are the true whiners
    I'm casual now, and level 90 after 3 days of launch, and TBC was THE expansion I started raiding and hardcore at that, you can't just box people into one little word.

As someone with over 20 alts, the thought of grinding rep on them all did slightly worry me, so I'm liking the new changes, though by the time it happens in a patch I'll probably be exalted with most factions on my main anyway, that the benefit won't benefit my main. But thats fine So long as my alts get the loving^

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    I'm casual now, and level 90 after 3 days of launch, and TBC was THE expansion I started raiding and hardcore at that, you can't just box people into one little word.

As someone with over 20 alts, the thought of grinding rep on them all did slightly worry me, so I'm liking the new changes, though by the time it happens in a patch I'll probably be exalted with most factions on my main anyway, that the benefit won't benefit my main. But thats fine So long as my alts get the loving^
    I'm sorry to tell you this, but that doesn't sound casual at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    i thought the idea was that rep was shared across toons? why do we have to re grind it all again?

Deleted
    But we still have to play the game by ourselves ^_^' ?!

It's not that i don't like the idea but the more new stuff is included, the more i've the feeling that (singing) "This is a casuaaaaaaals world"
    Last edited by mmoc265cafe256; 2012-10-05 at 07:46 AM.

Deleted
    Personally I would have changed it to - Once 1 char on a an account hits Exalted, the rest of the chars on that account will be able to receive the "exalted rewards" once they hit Honored/Reverred. That way 1 char has done the grind and earned the reward fair and square, the rest only have to do a little bit of farming!

Deleted
    Have the feeling that we play at a Beta. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Nozuka View Post
    I'm sorry to tell you this, but that doesn't sound casual at all.
    Sorry left the bit out where I -was- hardcore raiding in TBC, I am now casual, Just because I put aside a week for launch so I could do the things I wanted to before going back to my more sporadic schedule, doesn't mean I am not casual.

I log on when I can, perhaps 2-3 times a week for an hour or so. some weeks I don't log in at all. Depends how busy I am. going to that from playing 7 days a week, 9+ hours a day back in TBC, I'd say I'm casual.

I don't raid anymore, the time I do spend in game, is levelling alts, collecting my pets (pre pet battles) running old content for transmog gear, or just to help friends and guildies. doing some dailies, running a dungeon now and again, annual events, farming mats for the guildies that do raid, finishing up achievements, all this can be done at a nice casual pace with the time I am able to play
    Last edited by The Glitch; 2012-10-05 at 07:57 AM.