Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by klob View Post
    while i like the idea for the alts, having being revered to exalted x2 as fast is just..... o.O so incredibly dumb
    Why? It isn't an indication of any skill or ability to accomplish anything. It is a grind, it is about how often you log in and find time to do whatever this faction wants you to do for rep. It literally tests only the player's patience and absorbs their leisure time. Now its going to absorb less of their leisure time, which they can fill with the things they actually enjoy doing, or they stop playing and paying. It is in that regard a statement of confidence on the part of blizzard that their content is engaging and enjoyable that they are willing to reduce the time sinks that serve only to annoy their playerbase anyway.

Good riddance to every millisecond I would spend on rep that I won't spend thanks to this change, and good on blizzard for recognizing that the rep grinds in MoP were an artificial and needless barrier for people who want to play on alts, and making them less of one.

@Zoma - its implemented the way it is to be simpler on programming and to avoid the nonsense behavior of someone grinding to revered on their main, grinding to revered on an alt at double speed to give the double rep buff to their main for their run to exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    It literally tests only the player's patience and absorbs their leisure time. Now its going to absorb less of their leisure time, which they can fill with the things they actually enjoy doing, or they stop playing and paying. It is in that regard a statement of confidence on the part of blizzard that their content is engaging and enjoyable that they are willing to reduce the time sinks that serve only to annoy their playerbase anyway.
    So where's the fun in the game? You grind dailies to grind heroics to grind raids to grind more raids until you buy the new expansion that makes all your grinding entirely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by DisposableHero View Post
    Why? It isn't an indication of any skill or ability to accomplish anything. It is a grind, it is about how often you log in and find time to do whatever this faction wants you to do for rep. It literally tests only the player's patience and absorbs their leisure time.
    It IS my leisure time when I do these grinds, a chance to just tune out everything and let the brain rest. Which is another reason why I find dailies insulting because I'd prefer straight up grind with my own pace rather than x amount shit / day.

Making it go even faster than it is now is just plain retarded for main characters.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone talking about 'caving in'

I mean come on, you had to of known there were clearly flaws in the system in Panaria which made leveling alts only for the brave. I consider myself a pretty hardcore player and even I dreaded the idea of doing dailies for months on multiple alts.

The Revered -> Exalted double rep is a little weird, and I hope for future reps this is taken into consideration so Revered -> Exalted doesn't just become like Friendly -> Honored. Also, sucks for people who farmed the Insane, Revered -> Exalted trivializes the title even further. Lockbox farming is going to go from about a 25 hour chore, to a more manageable 12.5 hour one.

That's such a weird change for revered to exalted. They'd might as well just halve the amount of reputation needed to go from revered to exalted.

I was definitely hoping for account wide reputations though. This isn't so bad.

I'm glad this change happened. I did not want to level any of my other 5 toons to max level since I was already busy grinding heroics for gear, dailies for the next set of gear and formula's for enchanting, and for my food buffs. Add that to raiding as well regularly.. I didn't even want to begin to think how long it would take to get those other toons ready. Good change but agreed on the revered -> exalted weirdness.

OMG - where was this when I was grinding Netherwing rep... EGGS!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It never ceases to amaze me that if things are too hard people QQ; things get too easy they QQ.

Welcome to "3 Little Bears" meets "WoW" - except when the porridge is perfect they still aren't happy.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Deleted
    I do hope it won't only work with MoP factions. Would make backtracing the old reputations so much faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm good with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It IS my leisure time when I do these grinds, a chance to just tune out everything and let the brain rest. Which is another reason why I find dailies insulting because I'd prefer straight up grind with my own pace rather than x amount shit / day.

Making it go even faster than it is now is just plain retarded for main characters.
    If you're really going to argue that you run out of mindless grinds to absorb your time because a small part of reputation builds twice as fast now than before, then nothing I am going to tell you is going to be worth my time to articulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Articuno View Post
    So where's the fun in the game? You grind dailies to grind heroics to grind raids to grind more raids until you buy the new expansion that makes all your grinding entirely pointless.
    Its spending time with my guildies for me, usually centered around raiding and occasionally around PVP. The difference is reputations are because of their rewards almost strictly a means to another end (raids, achievement completions, etc). I'm still waiting on a logical case that says making that means more efficient somehow diminishes the enjoyment of someone else.
    Last edited by DisposableHero; 2012-10-04 at 07:10 PM.

This change is pretty nice, but then the way to exalted will take the same amount as from honored to revered, which seems kind of pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Akshak View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me that if things are too hard people QQ; things get too easy they QQ.

Welcome to "3 Little Bears" meets "WoW" - except when the porridge is perfect they still aren't happy.
    Well, it would stop amazing you if you actually started thinking about it with brains (dunno what you think about it with now)

The game has over 10 million players, it's natural that some changes rub different people differently and then the different groups start complaining when change they don't approve happens.

But maybe it's a bit too logical thinking for plenty of people since comments like yours just pop and pop and pop everywhere.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    Good change.

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    This change is pretty nice, but then the way to exalted will take the same amount as from honored to revered, which seems kind of pointless.
    I wonder if that's intentional, otherwise it'd make a lot more sense to only kick in the double rep at exalted (which, having many alts, I very much support).

10+ Year Old Account
    My post wasn't supposed to sound like I wanted people to think logically - rather it was just the "Things are too hard, change it!" or "Things are too easy, change it!" sentiments are getting old and quick. Just enjoy what we have, what we're given and if none of the solutions/patches work out for you move along.

Take that for what it's worth (i.e. with a grain of salt).

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

Ugh, blizzard has caved in within the first month of the expansion. It makes me sick. I seriously hope this doesn't apply to all reputations, just the pandaria ones. I'd be fine with other the alts getting a double reputation boost, but the main should still have to grind to exalted the normal way.

If caving in is what blizzard has already done for reputation, I don't think it looks that good for this expansion as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Ugh, blizzard has caved in within the first month of the expansion. It makes me sick. I seriously hope this doesn't apply to all reputations, just the pandaria ones. I'd be fine with other the alts getting a double reputation boost, but the main should still have to grind to exalted the normal way.

If caving in is what blizzard has already done for reputation, I don't think it looks that good for this expansion as a whole.
    As radio hosts where I live like to say, "Like a cheap snack table."

[/SIZE]

Deleted
    YES! Thanx lawd, this has been the best videogames news in a while! :d

In the meantime, we’d love to hear your feedback!
    This means something. I'll let you guys figure that out. Maybe it'll get you off your bums.