Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No way, totally dislike this. When I'm bored - like in Cata - I would Rep farm on alt characters. My main has 59 exalted prior to Cataclysm reps. Yes, its still gonna take a long time, but still. I'm a minority because I like the rep farm.

Make rep Account-Wide. Problem solved. Why should I farm rep on all chars ?

15+ Year Old Account
    So, I heard wow is getting even easier?

Quote Originally Posted by Karmian View Post
    You heard wrong. It's not about easy or hard; it's about time spent.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Karmian View Post
    There's nothing hard, challenging, or skillful about spending hours and hours grinding rep.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElmoMcBeastly View Post
    There's nothing hard, challenging, or skillful about ...
    ... playing wow these days

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrikk View Post
    I like the grind, I feel like I'll have something to work for.
    I agree with the alts 2x fast alts, but the twice as fast to exalted is broken.
    Totally agree with you.
    The alts parts its fine. 2x rep until the lvl of rep of the revered one. But the other one has to gain the rep without so much help. 2x in rep is too much to your first toon to reach exalted with that rep.

I'm sorry but anyone complaining about this is an idiot, a troll, or both. Dailies aren't fun, they aren't challenging. Grinding rep is not part of the "proper game", it's homework/busywork designed to keep you occupied. If you are getting upset because they're making it easier for people with alts to get rep, then you need to take a long look at what you enjoy about the game. Prolonging boring content doesn't make the game "harder".

I don't understand how can anyone complain about this. These are probably people that have not yet seen rep-fest in MoP.
    "Less rep grind = Game getting easier" ??! Huh? That's your measure of difficulty and fun? Really?

Lets analyse the situation for a second, shall we?

I will have to grind all the reputations on my main at least once. (which I did, since I have almost all pre-MoP reps at exalted) That will clearly prove I have the incredible skillz to do same "Kill XY, Loot XY" dailies for weeks.
    Since I'm clearly such a skilled player there is really no need to prove myself over and over again on all my 6 alts.
    Which I wouldn't do anyway since it would take months and months (if not a year) to farm all of it on every single one of my alts.

Aside from that, this "fix" just makes alt rep farming a bit faster. It doesn't remove it. It is still there. Unfortunately.
    I'd actually prefer it if it was account wide.

If there's nothing for you to do except farm rep and that's your main source of fun, then there's a serious problem either with Blizzard design or with you.

To summarise, for most WoW players:
    Current system = farm reps on main, ignore or farm 1-2 useful reputations tops on an alt
    New systen = farm all reps on main, consider farming a few more interesting reputations on alts

Clearly this change will make the game super-easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raediance View Post
    No way, totally dislike this. When I'm bored - like in Cata - I would Rep farm on alt characters. My main has 59 exalted prior to Cataclysm reps. Yes, its still gonna take a long time, but still. I'm a minority because I like the rep farm.
    You have no life whatsoever am I right?
    I can't believe people dislike this change.

Awesome, this makes it even easier to switch mains if my raid comp needs something else.

I am not sure that I like the Revered thing though. I think it should be Exalted. If we earn rep at twice the rate, then the rep grind from Revered to Exalted is 10500 instead of 21000. Meh.

People need to realize that this change isn't to make WoW easier. It's to make it so that players don't feel obligated to stick to one character. My main is the character that I have played the most (which is also the one that has the most exalted reputations). By making it so that reputations are easier to reach exalted status on alts, we can more easily decide what we want to play as a main at any point in time.

People complain about nothing to do in WoW, and then welcome changes that make things faster to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    They did?
    10 char
    From what I read they quest aren't there anymore.

dislike the change, stop handing one everything blizz, if they dont want to "work "towards it ,they dont derserve it.this feed casuals, and lazy folks.sure its doesnt make wow harder, but i loved the grind, .revered to exalted 2x as fast? whas th epoint then? whats the point of rep period?i have a 90 now, give me 10 more at log in please.see how dumb that sounds.thi sgeneration of gamers has forced blizz's hand to continue to "water down" there game.argue all you like but its damn true...................

If they never did this then: every nay-sayer in this thread will be on their 3rd alt and complaining to blizzard about it. Get a grip people.

If they do this, they are bad. If they don't do it they are bad -_-'...

I like this for my alts. I am however clueless about the revered to exalted in half thing. Even cosmetic stuff like mounts should be a bit of a grind atleast.

Make this happen now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonBabby View Post
    People complain about nothing to do in WoW, and then welcome changes that make things faster to do.
    Yea because when people complained about nothing to do at the end of cata when new content hadn't been released in over a year, they really wanted Blizzard to introduce dailies that meant doing the same thing over and over every day. Get a clue.

Not understanding the Rep Grind and Valor

This is all fine and dandy, but, as I have found out recently....this reputation thing still seems a bit flawed. Now, I have hit revered with the Klaxxi and then realized that I won't even be able to buy the legs for like two more weeks....due to the valor cap. So help me understand why we grind rep with a faction to spend valor? And if people don't like grinding dailies day in and day out, they never get to buy the gear? If you grind the rep, then you are stuck waiting to grind the VP's that you are capped on (at a lower cap than before). So yeah, I'm not really sure I understand completely the reasoning behind the whole rep/valor change right now.

You grind the rep by doing dailies, get the rep, and then have to wait for enough valor to get the gear.

You're capped at a total of 3000VP so even though you've grinded the rep, you can only get the legs one week and then wait again to get the waist.

Or, for the people that do not like to do dailies everyday and don't care about rep, what do they spend valor on?
    Last edited by Boltz; 2012-10-07 at 06:18 PM.

Deleted
    I like these changes. I was never a fan of the OCD style of gaming redoing things. Make it significant the first time over you do it. But just like in real life we tend to get faster and better at things we done already once and to reflect that properly in game is to have your alts not go through the ordeal and chore of it ALL again.
    So yay for halved rep gaining on alts!! Super.
    Though I'm dont' feel strongly about the halved revered to exalted. I think that should be the same if you do it the first time and halved for all your alts.

And what is it these days with people worshipping effort, hard work, and such in games. Games are meant to be FUN and enjoyable. A little bit of grind can be required but wouldn't go as far as saying its rewarding or a prestigious achievement if you spended eons of grinding. Cereal? Rewarding is when you do something tricky that requires you to push you're coordination, hand eye motoric skills, tactical insights....engaging your brain. That's achievement in gaming. Not countless of hours of mind boggling repetitive grind. (And I have slight autistic characteristics that is prone to loving repetitive gameplay...go figure if I say its too much)