Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    (I've healed stone guard being 455 ilevel healing a 445 ilevel tank, I've manage to put out 40k healing 9% overheal a downing the boss)

I'm gonna be straight, nothing could explain such low numbers except a serious lack of skill... It's not because of a talent a glyph a shield/riptide uptime, this shaman needs to rethink how he's playing his class because his spell usage is terrible

According to the log this guy is spamming HR (48% overheal!) and CH, with this playstile he's oom in 2 min then he casts a few GHW letting the other healer do the job... terrible strategy.

I would assign him to tank healing so he first learn a good usage of his mono-healing spell an mana management in 10 man you have to use mono heal spell a lot even if you're assign to raid healing.
    Shaman healer are really powerfull right now there's no excuses he needs to relearn spell uses.

Yes Healing tide is the way to go right now IMO
    It's entirely possible to keep HR and HST on cd without mana issues. So long as you place them fine being anal about overheal is a bit naive. Mana literally is not an issue if you don't suck at TC. There's so much free time in MV to throw LBs fo regen and WS glyph will give 50k more mana back than unglyphed on 5 of the 6 encounters.

Rork is right though that he's playing like he's in a 25 man environment and not the 10 he actually is in.

I am playing 25 man and I use riptide on things that take dmg UE HR on cd, keep HTT on cd at burst Alternate SLT, HTT , HST , PE fire and earth and ascendancy for bursts (epicenter, total annihilation elegon) and fill with CH/HW depending on packing since its 25. Replace CH with HW all the time hasted from tidal waves for 10 keeping ES up. Shamans are in a good place both mana and throughput so the amount he's doing is as Rork states a simple l2p issue.

Can someone raiding 25 playing 12.5% haste(871) and stacking crit link me a log of say feng or elegon. I've been playing 3764 haste since mop release then floating around 50% mastery kinda not fussing over crit that much and I still get a fair whack back from my 8% crit from resurgence would love to see how much more mana they get just from that excluding TC,WS glyph, mtt and price of progress.
    Last edited by navai; 2012-10-07 at 09:02 AM.

Healing Rain actually pulls ahead of any other spell (except obviously Healing Tide and Healing Stream) in terms of mana efficiency even at 3 targets if you are using it with Unleash Elements. Even in a 10 man, you can almost always hit 3+ targets with it. In most situations, you want to be using ULE+HR on ULE's cooldown (15 seconds) for maximum efficiency and output. The only time that it is not worth it is when only the tank or 1-2 random targets are taking damage at the same time. In a clumped raid, it will have high overhealing (50%+ is not alarming), but is still worth it. Healing Rain hitting 10 targets is about double the HPM of Healing Wave, so even at 50% overheal, it's not wasted.

Chain Heal on the other hand, is pretty weak compared to where it was in Cata. It's only worth using if you are going to hit 3-4 targets and your initial target has Riptide up. Even then, the HPM is pretty mediocre. In situations where you are mana limited, it's often better to just not cast (or cast glyphed Lightning Bolts) so that you have the mana for maximum Healing Rain and Healing Stream Totem usage. If you try and weave in Chain Heal with every spare bit of casting time not spent on Healing Rain/Riptide like we did in DS for maximum raid healing throughput, you will go very OOM very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by navai View Post
    Can someone raiding 25 playing 12.5% haste(871) and stacking crit link me a log of say feng or elegon. I've been playing 3764 haste since mop release then floating around 50% mastery kinda not fussing over crit that much and I still get a fair whack back from my 8% crit from resurgence would love to see how much more mana they get just from that excluding TC,WS glyph, mtt and price of progress.
    Feng: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/s3s8p...?s=2839&e=3325
    My Armory
    *The Afflicted*
    **US-Greymane, 25 man 5/16 HM, US top 100**
    ***Recruiting core spots for almost every class for MoP***