Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pathetic, ignorant desperation isn't new when it comes to smearing your opponents name. Politics as usual. Nothing new to see here.
    Look! Words!

I would never vote for an Orcish rogue, ever.

If history teaches us anything, it's that they like to off kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    While funny as heck, if you’re running for office you really should have the intelligence to not say things like they quoted even if it only sounds bad out of context, because everyone is going to it out of context.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Funny they villainize WoW but seem to see nothing wrong with destroying pristine wilderness for 5 years worth of fossil fuels to burn into the atmosphere.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    While funny as heck, if you’re running for office you really should have the intelligence to not say things like they quoted even if it only sounds bad out of context, because everyone is going to it out of context.
    While I can see your point, I don't see the need for this type of self censorship. Unless the collective has gotten that stupid and sheep-like that they can't see it for what it is. We're doomed anyhow if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by IceStationZebra View Post
    Two things the Republican party once again didn’t think through

1) If Wow was a state, it would have 10 times the population of Maine or more importantly to the Republicans, 10 times the voters. They just upset a lot of voters when they really need votes from outside their base.
    2) The Republicans want to attack Iran and others. So wouldn’t you want someone in government with a high “Deaths per Second” if you are going to war?
    lol - awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by shamozzle View Post
    i hope they get sued for using intellectual property without permission
    ^^This so much. How can they get away with using a company's products as an anti campaign method. Blizzard and Activision aren't small fish either, I want to see how this pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    Finally someone with some sense.

I don't think they were directly insulting the game. You just don't say "I like to stab stuff". And the stuff talking about vaginas is just immature. Definitely not a good ad though, most voters should worry about her policies instead of what she said online.

It looks like someone intentionally asked her to comment on the difference between what she does in game and the real world, they then highlighted her humorous responses and have blown them out of context and proportion as an attack ad that makes her look like she's playing Grand Theft Auto while in therapy for violent urges.

These replies are likely all taken from the same conversation, and she was probably goaded into saying them without realizing the context they would be presented in.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    It looks like someone intentionally asked her to comment on the difference between what she does in game and the real world, they then highlighted her humorous responses and have blown them out of context and proportion as an attack ad that makes her look like she's playing Grand Theft Auto while in therapy for violent urges.

These replies are likely all taken from the same conversation, and she was probably goaded into saying them without realizing the context they would be presented in.
    If you look at the date on the quotes, you can see that quite a few were from 2009

Really glad I don't live in America. These republicans sound worse and worse evey time I hear about them...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    This is a negative campaign ad? If I lived in Maine I'd try hard to get this woman elected.

I can see some aid to a congressman being told like "Make an alt, find out anything you can!"
    Only WoW....
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Most of the mades quotes on that ad are from 2009-2010. If you decide to run in 2011 ....
    Do you now know what you're going to do in the future?

Not a WoW player anymore, but this is great. I would vote for her just because of this. I smell a grass roots campaign in the WoW community to get this lady elected now.

Quote Originally Posted by texaport View Post
    If you look at the date on the quotes, you can see that quite a few were from 2009
    Ah they are dated aren't they?

Honestly these are the quotes I would expect someone's mom to make after playing a video game for the first time and deciding they liked it and are still surprised by the whole novelty of playing virtual characters in virtual worlds.

What's pathetic is some of you in the actual gaming community are admonishing her for accidentally saying these things where they could be used against her, but I've found that over half if not most of humanity seems to delight and crave in warping the context of what someone says out loud as much as they possibly can to the worst context possible like an addict craves their high.
    Last edited by Yig; 2012-10-04 at 09:02 PM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

She should challenge them to a duel irl

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    So, she just won the gamer vote....and no one else will care. Other then the republicans looking even more stupid and juvenile than ususal.

But everyone should know, esp a polititian, anything on line can be traced back to you, dont post anything you dont want made public.

They didn't even point out the worst part about all of it - she's a ginger.

10+ Year Old Account
    this makes me ashamed and embarrassed to be a registered republican. Sick and fucking tired of BOTH sides grasping at straws to make their opponent(s) look bad.

I'm about this close to driving to the courthouse and re-registering Non-Partisan. Fuck the 2 party system.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

15+ Year Old Account
    I miss my prot deaths per second with my deep wounds nerf

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Who knew DPS stood for Deaths Per Second?
    When you're a massive badass it does.