In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    This has to be satire.

If it isn't, then it's just hilariously sad. Only in America lol
    Given the whole "Old Man Yells at Chair" thing at the RNC, I don't think it was a joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    But people want to ignore this. People are way too "traditional", "stuck in past" or so forth..
    That saying stuff like "No, i cant just walk into electronics HQ and become engineer for them or get employed off the streets"
    "No, college papers wont give me instantly 100% quarenteed job" or that "Some-70's-thing is old-fashioned and something-new is better than that".
    just see comments of it. "Waste of space" like they read the title and proceeded to ignore it straight up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    I love how dps = deaths per second
    Lol, that would make PvP so freaking hilarious. X'D

Wouldn't deaths per second be a bad thing?

For example 1,000 DPS:

-You died 1,000 times per second?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    These are skills that you only really develop if you are put into a position of leadership and you excel at it.

Not everyone is made a leader, obviously, so not everyone has these skills.
    I wonder if the best guildleaders or raidleaders are leaders irl????????
    I saw a view, in interviews and stuff..... and to be honest i wouldn't let m lead irl; I think they wouldn't lead irl either.
    There is a difference between looking someone int he eyes and saying something and looking at a screen, a cartoon char, and saying something.

Somebody not moving out of fire in wow.. well that could be called stupid and if someone does it repeatedly, well he/she could be called noob.
    But irl, someone could have a build-in fear/fobia for something and just gets stuck in certain situations, doesn't matter how often it happens.
    So we have to deal with skills/abilities/emotions and stuff... and retries are rare.... once wounded will always leave a scar.

Oh my -Cow- this is so stupid, who legitimately thought this was a good idea? On the plus side, All that's going to happen is all the wow players that see these ads vote for her.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Oh my -Cow- this is so stupid, who legitimately thought this was a good idea? On the plus side, All that's going to happen is all the wow players that see these ads vote for her.
    Mila Kunis needs to run for office. She has my vote...

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Somebody not moving out of fire in wow.. well that could be called stupid and if someone does it repeatedly, well he/she could be called noob.
    You seem to have an extremely diminished understanding of the responsibilities of guild leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You seem to have an extremely diminished understanding of the responsibilities of guild leaders.
    Agreed. I know of a few of my friends who play WoW that got jobs because of the skills they learned during it.

Synstir, just because you can't understand how some of us have gained RL skills from the game, doesn't mean we're wrong. You haven't experienced it so you can't relate to it.

That's understandable.

but stop trying to prove your point when there's nothing to prove. It's a matter of experience and it differs from person to person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Adults know the difference between reality and fantasy. An adult can indulge in child like activities in their spare time and still be responsible when it's needed.

Anyone who criticizes a person for playing a fantasy time in their spare time is resorting to childish magical thinking. Anyone who focuses on the outward superficial differences between childhood and adulthood are immature.

Oh goodness. Deaths per second. Priceless

Damn, I posted the same thing as I couldn't find this thread...

This is nonsense. I mean, really; she has a 68 rogue. How much can she possibly play? She's not even at max level for TBC, lame. These Republicans are just making themselves look old and stodgy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shennanigans View Post
    Oh goodness. Deaths per second. Priceless
    Indeed. Gives a whole new slant on that DPS "we deliver" picture I see around j / k

On-topic: This has to be the most pathetic attempt at a smear campaign I have ever seen. If the opponent must lean on picking at (and word-twisting) someone's words and viewpoints from an MMORPG to try to weigh down her campaign/tarnish her image, there's some MAJOR grasping at straws there. Grasping on the scale of a sumo wrestler trying to run the Boston Marathon and reaching for the oxygen mask/tank at the end of the run, even. Pretty freaking sad.

#FlightIsImportant

I seen this earlier on the BBC news website and I was just surprised. I was totally speechless about just how silly and pointless this is lol. She plays a game, so what? Millions of people do

Given the general item level of her gear and the activity log that shows nothing more than a few short periods of being active since Feb 2011, I'd guess she wasn't overly impressed with Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at some of those comments of hers they dug up, I sure as hell would change my vote from her to blank. Not because she plays WoW (of course), but politics isn't usually something you go into at a whim. And this moron doesn't even have enough sense to ask two simple questions before posting: "Will this post be more public than Ground Zero?" and "CAN THIS BE TAKEN OUT OF THE MOTHERFUCKING CONTEXT?".

If you're not able to ask yourself those questions - and answer 'no' to at least one of them - you have nothing to do in politics. Which kinda annoys me, because I WOULD support her. But my 'Don't support idiots'-stance is firmer than my 'Support proper welfare'-stance. Still, pathetic to use the hobby itself as a weapon against her.

Edit: "
    These are some very bizarre and offensive comments, and they certainly raise questions about Lachowicz's maturity and her ability to make serious decisions for the people of Senate District 25," he said.
    (The Escapist

First thing I agree with a republican on! :P
    Last edited by Calzaeth; 2012-10-05 at 06:47 PM.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, my dps is way too low.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Deleted
    Thinking bout Chess
    I'm from Germany - we don't use "capture" an opponents chesspiece but "beat" (like beating another player in sports/games - but same word as beating a ball with a baseball-bat or beat someone with your fist in his face)
    The "Queen" in german is called dame/lady

So i imagine a headline, where a german politican "beats ladies every friday evening in a club" or a quote out of context with him saying "i have beaten his lady"

She's only level 68, because if you check the date of the quote it's 2009. It later states that she is currently level 85.

The sad thing, aside from the botching of and misinforming of thousands of individuals as to the meaning of 'DPS', is that this will undoubtedly work to smear her campaign. There are many closed-minded individuals who understand nothing of video games, even though there are millions who play games like CoD/WoW. To us she seems like a normal casual player, but to the unsuspecting masses/target of this smearing, she'd look like a borderline psychopath and obsessed gamer who they wouldn't want to trust to run their city...