Thrash + Swipe macro?

Is it possible to combine these two spells to one button?
    I'd like if it cast Thrash and then Swipe next time I press the button, but somehow came back to Thrash again once it's off CD.
    Hope this makes sense

If you want to play optimally, no, because Mangle procs from Thrash will throw a wrench into the ability sequence that you cannot handle with a macro.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

not really sure what's Mangle to do with that, since I don't want to macro Mangle to anything

Regardless of if you're AoEing or doing Single Target, you should be using Mangle every chance you get. While you could do Mangle Swipe Thrash Swipe repeat, it would suboptimal because whenever Mangle is procced from the Thrash the cooldowns fall out of sync and it can no longer be a fixed 636 rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    If you want to play optimally, no, because Mangle procs from Thrash will throw a wrench into the ability sequence that you cannot handle with a macro.
    Its hard to fathom I know, but you can have a macro button AND a regular button for Mangle. So you have a swipe & thrash button, and then ANOTHER one you press when Mangle procs.

You can also include Mangle in the same macro!

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /targetenemy [noexists][dead][help]
    /startattack [form:1/3]
    /castsequence [nomod:shift] reset=6 Thrash,Swipe,Faerie Fire,Swipe
    /cast [mod:shift] Mangle
    So when it procs, just hold shift while pressing the same key the macro is bound to.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2012-10-04 at 10:43 PM.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

It's still suboptimal to what you could do by executing the rotation manually.

So let's say you start with Mangle, and then go into the cast sequence:

Mangle, Thrash

Thrash procs the CD reset on mangle, so you hit mangle again and then go back to the cast sequence.

Mangle, Swipe, Faerie Fire

Now at this point after the FF GCD ends, Thrash will now be off cooldown, but if you hit the cast sequence again it will cast Swipe instead of Thrash, which means you would average less mangle procs per minute because you're not hitting Thrash when it comes off cooldown.

Sure, it's not drastically suboptimal, but I don't really know why you would want to use such a macro if it's even slightly inferior to doing it manually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you could just remove the modifiers and have it use mangle before your interface even notices that it has proc'd. You can thank me later.

Aggixx, "reset=6" means that the whole castsequense is reset, aka, when 6 seconds passes, the sequence automatically does thrash again, regardless of where you were in the sequence. It's a powerful command.

I'm sorry if he added this in an edit after you made your post.
    Last edited by Falling; 2012-10-05 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falling View Post

Aggixx, "reset=6" means that the whole castsequense is reset, aka, when 6 seconds passes, the sequence automatically does thrash again, regardless of where you were in the sequence. It's a powerful command.
    Actually, it's not how it works. It indeed resets the cast sequence but only after "6" seconds have passed since the LAST PRESS OF THE BUTTON. It's not that powerful.

Instead, I propose a dual macro system:

Macro 1:
    /castsequence reset=5 thrash,swipe,swipe

Macro 2 (pops trinkets on CD, just for convenience):
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast Mangle

Swipe has a 3 sec CD, thrash has a 6 sec CD, mangle is 6s cd, so in the aoe macro you'll have 2 free GCD's that can be filled with mangles (a regular mangle on CD + a proc mangle). This will fill up all available gcd's for aoe tanking. Oh, and dun forget active mitigation...

15+ Year Old Account
    you could make a reset=5 and write a full 2 minute rotation in the macro

/castsequence reset=5 thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,sw ipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,thras h,swipe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,swipe,s wipe,thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swi pe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe, thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Falling View Post
    See what Hexaq said, that is definitely not how castsequence works.

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    you could make a reset=5 and write a full 2 minute rotation in the macro
    /castsequence reset=5 thrash,swipe,swipe,swipe,thrash,swipe,swi ..etc
    Yup, and it will use all the spells there (assuming they fit in the macro char limit) and it won't reset unless you stop pressing the button. THEN it starts counting 1..2..3.. and it will reset the macro when it reaches "5" seconds

10+ Year Old Account
    Been using castsequense macros since they were introduced and I've always thought it was from the first press, you learn something new everyday anyway, why not just remove swipe then... Which apparently is the same as I tried to suggest earlier. Whatever, I'll make working macros once I get home.

Anyway hexaq, that's not how it works either, since it automatically resets once you finish the queue, the reset number must be for when you completely stop pressing anything
    Last edited by Falling; 2012-10-05 at 11:36 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    not sure if this works but how about a simpel macro
    i think it trys to cast a trash and fails when its on cooldown then trys a mangle and fails if its on cooldowns and then trys a swipe?

/cast Trash
    /cast Mangle
    /cast Swipe
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

The reason I need such macro, is to make things more simple.
    When I'm tanking, I want all my attention put on what's going on around me, not which "DPS" ability is off CD and must be pressed.
    I found this makes life easier:
    /castsequence reset=5 faerie fire,lacerate,lacerate
    and:
    /castsequence reset=5 thrash,swipe,swipe
    This way, instead of watching 5 different timers, I only need to watch 3 (these two macros and Mangle)

I'm pretty sure the OP doesn't want Mangle involved in the macro, just the 2 aoe moves...

I use for Bear Form:

/castsequence reset=target/6 Thrash, Swipe, Swipe, Swipe

and for Cat Form

/castsequence reset=target/12 Thrash, Swipe, Swipe, Swipe, Swipe

And they work perfectly for me.

I've been using this macro for the last few days and its worked wonderfully so far.

/castsequence reset=2 Thrash, Swipe, Swipe

10+ Year Old Account
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift] Might of Ursoc
    /castsequence reset=5 Thrash, Swipe, Swipe
    /startattack