Building pc - Need advice + monitor!

So a guy i know is looking for a computer within the price range of 1200-1600 USD.

Looking at Marest's Sample Builds im thinking that the 1540 Gaming build is perfect.

Gaming 1540
    MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth Z77 – $239.99 Review
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k – $229.99
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 4x4GB – $82.99
    GPU: ASUS DCII 7970 – $434.99
    SSD: Samsung 830 128GB – $93.99
    HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – $109.99
    PSU: Corsair TX650M – $89.99 Review
    Case: Corsair 650D – $179.99 Review

I dont really know about the heatsink yet. Im not sure if he is going to overclock or not, so im not sure if an aftermarket cooler is needed to keep noise down, or maybe he might attempt OC later on. I will report back asap about this, but comment of this if you feel like it.

The games he wants to play is WoW and GW2 at max graphics (should easily be possible with those two Pcs)
    Other then that he just wants the best gaming pc he can get get for his money. (i guess he might want to play some newer gen games or whatever but this rig fits his pricerange)

He also needs a monitor, im thinking some 21" 1920x1080 res screen. I know nothing of those so you need to help me here.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

The ASrock Z77 extreme is cheaper and better than the sabertooth, I would take that one if he doesn't want the sabertooth for the looks or something.

An aftermarket cooler is always necessary as the boxed coolers are sh*t in all aspects of the word. They are noisy, keep your CPU warmer at idle than an aftermarket at full load+OC and they are ugly and cheap looking as well. If he doesn't want to dish out alot on an aftermarket, at least take the H40 or similar.

As for PSU, 650 is a bit much for that build but sufficient if he plans on adding a video card later in addition to some OC. I would however go for a gold certified PSU like the AX650. I was stupid enough to buy a bronze one for this PC (70% off at sale) and it's being replaced asap with a Corsair AX850 (yes. I like them big and don't care if it's overkill), I have had some low voltage issues which has made me RMA 2 of these already. Low voltage issues is a bitch and often hard to diagnose if cause it's like the last thing you will think wrong with your computer.

If I was to buy a new monitor today, I would look at a 120hz

Is the Asrock Z77 Extreme-m4 really better than the ASUS? i mean, at almost double the price there should be more then looks in that board.
    Im a Extreme-m4 user and love it, but if that will be atleast as good if not better than the ASUS one, the asrock i will chose the asrock.

Also, the monitor must be within 320$ or it'll be too expensive for this guy.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

10+ Year Old Account
    The Sabertooth Z77 are mainly for people who care most for the looks & aesthetics.

Go for ASRock, it's a solid choice, switch the PSU to a 550w.

Monitor: http://www.computersalg.dk/produkt/647329/asus-pa238q-
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-10-05 at 10:01 AM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Is it really necessary to change to a 550W? Wont a 650W work just as fine but give some headroom for upgrading / adding stuff ?
    He says he is planning on overclocking sometime in the future when he got the time and knowledge to do it if that matters.

Will 550 even be enough to power the system at 100% load?

I dont know much about PSUs :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, 550 is enough on full load.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory