Poll: Which Rep System do you like?

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do YOU like the new rep system?

So now we have 2x Rep for Revered -> Exalted, and 2x Rep for all other accounts below revered, with a character above revered. Personally. I loved the tabard system, simply because it gives you flexibility.

Dungeons right now are a gamble. Low JP, Low VP, and no rep.

What do you prefer?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the new system. Too time consuming.

Deleted
    I find the whole idea of doing only dailies for rep rather retarded. Previous model was better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So now we have 2x Rep for Revered -> Exalted, and 2x Rep for all other accounts below revered, with a character above revered.
    No, we don't. Not yet. Future patch, but not yet.

Excuse me, gamble? What are you talking about?

What do you prefer?
    Current model plus future changes. Work for your stuff, save time on alts later. Don't just mindlessly run dungeons and ignore the rest of the world.
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2012-10-04 at 10:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. It slows people down a little. I just dont see Blizzard releasing content faster. You have to choose what you gain rep in, and the time you want to dedicate for it. Some days I do a ton of dailes, some days I can only do Tillers, and Golden Lotus. I'm content that the others will be there when I get to them.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Excuse me, gamble? What are you talking about?
    Dungeons do not give rep, and extremely low JP/VP (JP will be useless by next week for raiders, and VP will be useless to raiders within a few weeks)

That said, no rep, and you dont get the item you want... Its not worth going just for the loot drop. Furthermore, raiders still did dungeons for rep previously. They don't now, so as soon as you outlevel dungeons in gear, theres no reason to go back. It's a gamble because with no other reward (rep), it's a gamble for gear.

I guess part of my issue is, compared to previous expansions, I'm literally getting -less reward- for the same time spent. Sure, it makes us slow down gearing and getting rep, but it doesn't slow down actual work done.

I mean, really all it does is make me have to play the game more to get the same benefit as I did before, and many people may not have the time for that.

I would say a combination of the two. Either remove the rep requirement for gear and keep it the same OR add tabards (lower rep gain than in wrath) and keep the vp requirements. Having both at the same time is dumb and far to much of a grind in an expansion that has MANY grinds.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Deleted
    Dungeons do not give rep, and extremely low JP/VP (JP will be useless by next week for raiders, and VP will be useless to raiders within a few weeks)
    That is not a gamble.

That said, no rep, and you dont get the item you want... Its not worth going just for the loot drop.
    Oh yes, it is. If you don't go, you sure as heck won't get that item.

Furthermore, raiders still did dungeons for rep previously. They don't now, so as soon as you outlevel dungeons in gear, theres no reason to go back.
    You do still get both JP and VP. They are still immensely useful, if you aren't narrowminded.

I mean, really all it does is make me have to play the game more to get the same benefit as I did before, and many people may not have the time for that.
    And that is exactly the intention of this system - play the game more. Don't have time? Don't get the benefit at the same pace as those that do have the time. Oddly enough, most online games work exactly like that and WoW has been very very casual friendly lately. It's called Risk Vs. Reward, a system that has been in place in just about any game since forever. Even in that old boardgame called Chess.

Deleted
    i like the current model, just feels right that its being sold by factions instead of some random VP vendor.
    especially now dailies give VP

10+ Year Old Account
    New model is great, I welcome back the return of things to do in the game other than raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    It slows people down a little.
    But where's the fun?

I hate dailies - I don't give a hoot how they are designed, I simply hate quests that are repeated.

In Cata I would do the JC-dailies, except the one where you had to go and kill 10 level 80 mobs - too much hassle. In MoP I haven't done a single daily, and I'll be locked out from recipes and valor gear because of it.

If Blizzard's design is to make dailies a prerequisite for endgame raiding, I'm out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    But where's the fun?

I hate dailies - I don't give a hoot how they are designed, I simply hate quests that are repeated.

In Cata I would do the JC-dailies, except the one where you had to go and kill 10 level 80 mobs - too much hassle. In MoP I haven't done a single daily, and I'll be locked out from recipes and valor gear because of it.

If Blizzard's design is to make dailies a prerequisite for endgame raiding, I'm out.
    Your correct, you will be unable to get items that require 30 minutes of your time per day. It isn't necessary to do them for raids. Most of the items you get are pretty much flavor items. For the ones that arn't, simply raiding normal modes will get you better gear. If you can't convince people to drag your lazy ass through normal modes, I don't know what to tell you. Eventually dungeons will come out that drop gear that lets you get into LFR?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    That is not a gamble.
    Oh yes, it is. If you don't go, you sure as heck won't get that item.
    If you don't have the time you won't. Its also by definition a gamble. Right now its easier to just wait for gear from raids or LFR and grind dailies.

You do still get both JP and VP. They are still immensely useful, if you aren't narrowminded.
    For the amount of time required dailies offer more vp just not an endless amount, but if you don't have the time then that's irrelevant.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I find the whole idea of doing only dailies for rep rather retarded. Previous model was better.
    I disagree, I hated having to wear that stupid ugly tabard just to farm dungeons over and over to get their rep. Daily Quests are much more fun than farming dungeons, you can do it exactly whenever you feel like it and you don't need to rely on four morons who don't even know that fire hurts. It's also the same for everyone in the sense of that you can only get X amount of rep per day, so I don't get the feeling that I have to rush my reputation with the different factions by grinding my ears off... Plus I can continue to wear the tabard I love best!

So now we have 2x Rep for Revered -> Exalted, and 2x Rep for all other accounts below revered, with a character above revered. Personally. I loved the tabard system, simply because it gives you flexibility.

What do you prefer?
    It's not a gamble at all, you know what you are getting out of it.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dailies are, and have always been terrible. I don't mind being forced to have rep with certain factions to get certain gear, what I do absolutely mind however is being forced to do dailies in order to get that gear.
    They really should just have a tabard system like they had previously, but keep the dailies for people that want to do them, and just put a cap on the rep per day. IDK, to me it seems perfectly reasonable to be able to grind rep how you want. Shit, they could even let people grind rep with a tabard in PvP if they were to do it like that. To me it seems more important to keep people active and interested in rep grinding than to take the "Well if you don't like dailies, then tough shit." stance that there is currently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    And that is exactly the intention of this system - play the game more.
    On me it has the opposite effect.

After doing a metric fuckton of quests to level, I'm not gonna do even more dailies - I hate dailies.

I could go farm heroics, but since I'm locked out of valor gear, I won't get an optimal set anyway. And the Justice gear isn't even at heroic level.

So why bother? After reaching 90, I feel I'm pretty much done with the game. The remaining content no longer appeals to me.

Well we don't have that system in quite just yet, who knows if that future patch will be Tuesday or another month from now.... (This is probably TL: DR, I got out of hand with my thoughts)

However my opinion? I actually don't mind dailies, and find most (but certainly not all) of the MOP dailies generally enjoyable and easy to do. However my problem is that there is very few ways to efficiently 'Speed Up' the Rep Gain. With the Tabard system, at least you could just continue mowing down Heroics even after you had gotten your Best in Slot gear from those Dungeons. You had an effective way of being able to just farm to exalted, meaning someone who could play more, would get Exalted quickly, and other people would just get there eventually, Win for Both teams. However with this system EVERYONE is gated, all going at the same pace and the only way to speed up Rep Gains is by finding like "Dread Amber Shards" (Which have a shocking droprate and only award 250 bloody Rep for 20) and Ancient Guo-Lai Keys (Which I visit the Halls with my 3 keys ready at least 2-3 times a day and have not ONCE seen a chest).

They needed to create some kind of split system, so you do all your dailies ... BUT if you wanted to get to Revered or Exalted before everyone else you could Farm a certain type of Mob, or do a repeatable quest which actually has a decent drop chance (Think Tiller Buddy system with the Dark Soil patches, they take time but not an excessively low "Find Rate")

As someone who generally gets time off for expansions, I really enjoy having that way of getting to max Reps really quickly and being able to buy an extra piece of gear or more for raids just for that Extra edge. So based purely off that, I'd gladly take the Tabard system back. But I do enjoy dailies, I just think they fucked up the system completely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    If you don't have the time you won't. Its also by definition a gamble. Right now its easier to just wait for gear from raids or LFR and grind dailies.
    The OP had a problem with doing dailies for rep, so ignore that part. As for it being EASIER, that much is true, but since you won't get the itemlevel for LFR unless you do something which grants JP/VP, something the OP also had a problem with, then LFR is ignored too. That leaves us with one choice - being dragged through Normal Mode by people that might actually want to play the game and not be slowed down by slackers like the OP. This also rules out raiding. So the OP will be stuck doing nothing at all...

Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    It's not a gamble at all, you know what you are getting out of it.
    Except you don't. You get better vp from dailies and better gear from reps. So basically when you que you are risking wasting 30 min if you get nothing which happens often.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290