10+ Year Old Account

Questing rewards. A question.

something I've noticed well leveling in pandaria, is how every quest I've done gives only 1 rewards, sometimes 2 if its an end of chain quest, with armor just for my class and spec.
    Seems this is a new method blizzard has, by removing choice and just giving us the basic, everyone then gets an upgrade without seeing any other class types of armor.

Personally, I've not to thrilled at this change. As someone who likes items that look cool, even if its not my armor type, I like to have the choice to get it, like if theres a cool looking cloth or leather item for my shaman, I'd sooner have the choice rather then none.

Does this feature persist, can it be switched off?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumping this thread rather then making a new one.

I'd like to ask again, if there a means to switch of the feature that only gives out quest rewards for your class/spec rather then having the choice of what to take.

Sometimes I like to choose two different items for an offspec if, say, for my shaman I want agility or intellect, or for my paladin I can choose either tank, heal or dps items.

and sometimes, there is just a cool looking item I might like for its design rather then taking another item for gear upgrades. I'm not very fond of this new system.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen anything giving the option to change it.

No, you can't change it. All you can do is switch specs before turning in the quest so it will show you the other option(s).

Six thousand posts under your belt and you haven't seen this discussed already?

Spec-dependent loot has been in place since early beta. Swap specs for different rewards, or just visit an Adventuring Supplies vendor if you'd like some easy greens for your off-spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    Six thousand posts under your belt and you haven't seen this discussed already?

Spec-dependent loot has been in place since early beta. Swap specs for different rewards, or just visit an Adventuring Supplies vendor if you'd like some easy greens for your off-spec.
    whats my post count got anything to do with asking about a current issue?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree, some items have a good look for transmog but I am left with an item I might not like the look of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I have to agree, some items have a good look for transmog but I am left with an item I might not like the look of.
    I know right? I wanted a staff from a quest chain in jade forest, but was forced to accept I mace. The design is having them make items from everyone, but its limiting it to what you can have on an almost idiotic level.
    #boycottchina