Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    High Overlord Serb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Belgrade , Serbia / Moscow , Russia
    Posts
    155
    Hey there, first of all thanks for offering your "help" in any way, it's appreciated.

    We've downed 5/6 without to much troubles , and we're preparing for Emperor(s) for our next raid.

    Any kind of useful tips would be appreciated.


    Thanks in advance
    Serbían <The Machine> , Draenor EU 13/13 HM World #42

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Diend View Post
    As per your suggestion, we 2 healed Elegon and it seem to be going pretty well. The problem is during the very last phase, we seem to get obliterated instantly. The amount of adds and the boss aoe is too much for our healers or maybe we're doing something wrong. The 2 questions I have is, for the 2nd stage 1, how many protectors did you get? And what exactly is the way to do the last phase?
    Adds should die like right away when starting the phase. Make sure to stack up for easier heals. Reset stacks like once with CDs when you start struggling with healing (we didn't reset and nearly wiped at 1%). Pop BL and just burn him down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Hey there, first of all thanks for offering your "help" in any way, it's appreciated.

    We've downed 5/6 without to much troubles , and we're preparing for Emperor(s) for our next raid.

    Any kind of useful tips would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance
    Don't bring any melee if you can avoid it. Kill the adds quickly. The rest is up to the tank.

  3. #23
    Epic! Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,500
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rrx9af58gvcya940/
    We are always sendin 1 healer and 2 DPS down. Also we didn't use any BL.
    Holy cripes that dps is low :s
    Make sure you aren't sending down people with the stacks of the buff otherwise you're just wasting dps on the boss

    Make sure your healer is spamming heals in the realm, the more heals a player takes the more stacks they get, the more dps they do.

    Make sure you utilize tanks being banished. In the 30 seconds I get ported in for, I can kill 3-4 adds, and then my severer without any issue.

    You REALLY need to push the dps, that dps is really low and i'm not surprised at the enrage timer you're hitting

    Utilize DoT classes in the realm, they're great.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 03:35 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Hey there, first of all thanks for offering your "help" in any way, it's appreciated.

    We've downed 5/6 without to much troubles , and we're preparing for Emperor(s) for our next raid.

    Any kind of useful tips would be appreciated.


    Thanks in advance

    To quote Fatboss: The boss is fine for melee, as long as they don't have horrible horrible eye diseases.

    Kill adds, Kill the boss, dodge the combos, pop cds in the Gas phase.

    Super easy boss if your melee actually avoid things.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 03:36 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Diend View Post
    As per your suggestion, we 2 healed Elegon and it seem to be going pretty well. The problem is during the very last phase, we seem to get obliterated instantly. The amount of adds and the boss aoe is too much for our healers or maybe we're doing something wrong. The 2 questions I have is, for the 2nd stage 1, how many protectors did you get? And what exactly is the way to do the last phase?
    You shouldn't be tanking the adds

    You should be kiting them with your Tank.

    Our blood dk has chillblains and just spreads diseases onto everything, slowing all the adds and generating a shitload of threat

    As soon as you've killed the pillars, they NEED to die.

    We had 3 Protectors in the 2nd Phase1
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-10-06 at 03:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  4. #24
    3 protectors? Seems kind of hard on dps for us even if we get the 50% increase damage on Elegon from 1st stage 2. Do you assign all dps on proctectors then boss or did you leave some focusing on boss only? Sorry for so many questions, just trying to iron out the details.

  5. #25
    Epic! Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Diend View Post
    3 protectors? Seems kind of hard on dps for us even if we get the 50% increase damage on Elegon from 1st stage 2. Do you assign all dps on proctectors then boss or did you leave some focusing on boss only? Sorry for so many questions, just trying to iron out the details.
    We always have all dps switch to the protectors to burst them down asap
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Well as people have probably seen i'm ducking into threads and basically just asking people if they need any help regarding strategies or are hitting a wall on a boss and need a helping hand to PM me and i'll help them out. I'm sure there's more out there I can help, so I thought I might as well make a thread. One size fits all kind of thing.

    If you've got any questions - Post them in this thread. Try to be as detailed as possible. Logs are nice - but not necessary. If you're wiping constantly and hitting a brick wall, provide your raid composition.

    Hopefully I can help people out.

    Don't be shy!

    I may take a while to get back to you, or It may be instant. All depends on the time. (Yay for timezone differences..)
    O..k...
    What went wrong?

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6hb9fk4mj1xol5y9/

  7. #27
    My group has had some real trouble on Gara'jal with the enrage timer, wiping around 10-15% repeatedly. We've tried 2 healing and just can't manage the damage, so we went back to 3 healing and again had enrage issues. We've lusted a little after 5 minutes in, hoping to be able to straight burn the boss for as much of the lust time as possible once he goes under 20%.

    We've focused heavily on spam healing the DPS, and even had 2 shadow priests (and an ele sham while 2 healing) stacking ourselves up as well to make sure we were at +22%, which we seemed to cap at.

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uo...vd4/dashboard/

    Unfortunately logs are very skewed, as it doesn't seem to record people that aren't in/out of the same realm I am. The DPS we brought were very strong and tended to rank consistently throughout each Cata tier, so I trust that they're capable of bringing the numbers needed. Still, that enrage timer kicked our butts.

    Really, our healers were often running oom due to Voodoo Doll and spirit realm add damage and unable to afford the mana to straight spam buff 2 DPS in the spirit realm every time. They'd go down there nearly OOM to begin with. Plus, while 3 healing + voodoo dolls, we had no choice but to send down buffed DPS sometimes. Should we have just delayed going back down there at all until their buffs expired? We tended to want to use every new totem ASAP.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Mctriple; 2012-10-06 at 06:16 AM.

  8. #28
    From everyone I'd just like to say Thanks for doing this, I'm sure you're helping out a number of guilds to whatever kill they were struggling to get over the past few days

    My question isn't really a matter of Execution or anything, but more a matter of Encounter 'Buggyness'.

    So, Did you ever encounter any Bugs to do with the Pillars on Elegon? We wiped about 3 times because either a Pillar wouldn't spawn, or we would kill both the Pillars that were linked but they still would not deactivate. People understand P1 perfectly now, but it was just lame wiping everytime we got into P2 because the Pillars were being buggy.

    Cheers

  9. #29
    Epic! Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    My group has had some real trouble on Gara'jal with the enrage timer, wiping around 10-15% repeatedly. We've tried 2 healing and just can't manage the damage, so we went back to 3 healing and again had enrage issues. We've lusted a little after 5 minutes in, hoping to be able to straight burn the boss for as much of the lust time as possible once he goes under 20%.

    We've focused heavily on spam healing the DPS, and even had 2 shadow priests (and an ele sham while 2 healing) stacking ourselves up as well to make sure we were at +22%, which we seemed to cap at.

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uo...vd4/dashboard/

    Unfortunately logs are very skewed, as it doesn't seem to record people that aren't in/out of the same realm I am. The DPS we brought were very strong and tended to rank consistently throughout each Cata tier, so I trust that they're capable of bringing the numbers needed. Still, that enrage timer kicked our butts.

    Really, our healers were often running oom due to Voodoo Doll and spirit realm add damage and unable to afford the mana to straight spam buff 2 DPS in the spirit realm every time. They'd go down there nearly OOM to begin with. Plus, while 3 healing + voodoo dolls, we had no choice but to send down buffed DPS sometimes. Should we have just delayed going back down there at all until their buffs expired? We tended to want to use every new totem ASAP.

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    Hiya,

    Nothing I can really suggest, except that your dps needs to squeeze out every little bit of damage they can.
    I know that's not much help, but it's really all I can say from looking at logs/reading your post. It sounds like you're doing what you should be.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 07:06 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    From everyone I'd just like to say Thanks for doing this, I'm sure you're helping out a number of guilds to whatever kill they were struggling to get over the past few days

    My question isn't really a matter of Execution or anything, but more a matter of Encounter 'Buggyness'.

    So, Did you ever encounter any Bugs to do with the Pillars on Elegon? We wiped about 3 times because either a Pillar wouldn't spawn, or we would kill both the Pillars that were linked but they still would not deactivate. People understand P1 perfectly now, but it was just lame wiping everytime we got into P2 because the Pillars were being buggy.

    Cheers
    Hi

    It's not like LFR on beta (If you tried it) you need to kill both corresponding pillars on both sides to make them go down.

    IE you need to kill the middle pillar on the left, and the middle pillar on the right - then both middle pillars will go down.

    To do this, you need to split your group into 2 groups of 5.

    Good luck!

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 07:48 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    You're getting overloads from the incorrect dogs.
    Your tanks need to research how to do it properly.
    If you are having additional overloads you are going to have A LOT of trouble, and I mean A LOT.

    The way we pulled it - which is really how you set up the raid is:

    I pulled the two dogs on the right, tanked them.

    DK Pulled the one dog on the left. Tanked it.

    First petrification debuff - It's the dog the DK is tanking (yay..)

    DK taunts one of my dogs, and holds it with his dog.

    His dog is now on 50% energy, and because mine was gaining energy with it's partner before it was taunted, it's on ~70.

    DK Taunts my ~20 energy dog that I've been holding (The remainder of the 2 at the start)

    I taunt the ~70 energy dog.

    The Appropriate dog now Overloads, leaving the DK holding a ~70 energy(a) and a ~0 energy dog(b), and myself with a ~70 energy dog(c).

    Now, if either of the 70 energy dogs begin to overload you can simply pair it with the 0 energy dog, leaving the other 70 dog on it's own.

    For example, (a) is now overloading. because the dk is already tanking (a) and (b) - he just holds them, lets (a) overload and (b) will then be on ~30 energy. So it's as follows now

    (a) = 0
    (b) = 30
    (c) = 70

    (c) is now overloading. I taunt the (a) over and hold it. I think you get the gist of it now

    People are also taking stupidly high amounts of damage from pools..

    [20:33:20.400] Jade Guardian Jade Overload Smotihealz 200000
    [20:33:21.136] Amethyst Guardian Amethyst Pool Smotihealz 48000
    [20:33:21.931] Amethyst Guardian Amethyst Pool Smotihealz 37132 (O: 10868)

    [20:40:52.229] Amethyst Guardian Amethyst Pool Shaytank 60000
    [20:40:53.034] Amethyst Guardian Amethyst Pool Shaytank 60000
    [20:40:54.144] Amethyst Guardian Amethyst Pool Shaytank 36905 (O: 23095)

    Move out of them.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-10-06 at 07:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Hi

    It's not like LFR on beta (If you tried it) you need to kill both corresponding pillars on both sides to make them go down.

    IE you need to kill the middle pillar on the left, and the middle pillar on the right - then both middle pillars will go down.

    To do this, you need to split your group into 2 groups of 5.

    Good luck!
    Ok well ours was definitely bugged then, because we were definitely killing the correct linked Pylons and then of course there was the attempt where one Pylon just decided it wouldn't spawn and hence the phase never ended, Thanks for answering. Hopefully Sunday Night the fight won't glitch out and we can continue :S

  11. #31
    Epic! Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Ok well ours was definitely bugged then, because we were definitely killing the correct linked Pylons and then of course there was the attempt where one Pylon just decided it wouldn't spawn and hence the phase never ended, Thanks for answering. Hopefully Sunday Night the fight won't glitch out and we can continue :S
    That's strange..
    I've not encountered that on live, but I certainly encountered it on beta.

    Hopefully it gets fixed for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  12. #32
    You mentioned that healers struggling with mana issues on Feng 10M need to "up their game". Which healers did you run for that fight and what was their HPS over the entire fight? Logs?

    I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

  13. #33
    Epic! Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    You mentioned that healers struggling with mana issues on Feng 10M need to "up their game". Which healers did you run for that fight and what was their HPS over the entire fight? Logs?

    I'll show you mine if you show me yours.
    Hpally
    Hpriest
    Rsham.

    Logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1543&e=2010
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Here's our best try (12%):

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bw...=11021&e=11580

    Not really sure how yours healers are pumping out so much more HPS, could just be gear. Our MW monk has been having serious mana issues.

    Yes I know our DPS is bad, alot of them are still gearing up.

  15. #35
    Blademaster Smoosher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Stowmarket UK
    Posts
    31
    Feng 10, Phase 1.

    After afew tries weve understood the steal and sheild buff. However i seem to lack the understanding of what makes him cast Lightning Fists. We had afew tries where i could literly stun every single epicenter, then weve had it where i havent managed to stun one because he just hasnt cast it.

    How many Epicenters should be the target for P1? at the moment we are getting to the 4th and he still hasnt cast a lighting fists which is a huge strain on our healers having to heal 2/4 epicenters. Is it RNG is RNG and it just needs to be handled better or does the boss hate me? any tips for this boss would be great

  16. #36
    Epic! Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Here's our best try (12%):

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bw...=11021&e=11580

    Not really sure how yours healers are pumping out so much more HPS, could just be gear. Our MW monk has been having serious mana issues.

    Yes I know our DPS is bad, alot of them are still gearing up.
    To be honest, you'd be struggling to find better healers.
    I've yet to personally see a healer that betters ours.

    I say that in the least self guild promoting way possible.

    In reality, your dps and healers just need to try harder. If there's any gear they can upgrade, they should farm it/buy it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 02:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoosher View Post
    Feng 10, Phase 1.

    After afew tries weve understood the steal and sheild buff. However i seem to lack the understanding of what makes him cast Lightning Fists. We had afew tries where i could literly stun every single epicenter, then weve had it where i havent managed to stun one because he just hasnt cast it.

    How many Epicenters should be the target for P1? at the moment we are getting to the 4th and he still hasnt cast a lighting fists which is a huge strain on our healers having to heal 2/4 epicenters. Is it RNG is RNG and it just needs to be handled better or does the boss hate me? any tips for this boss would be great
    We 2shot it so I can't really say how many you should be aiming for / how many lightning fists lol - not enough attempts to figure that out.

    We didn't stun epicenters - just healed through it.

    Logs for the kill http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1543&e=2010
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-10-06 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  17. #37
    We 2 healed Feng, and from what I recall they didn't really struggle with mana either. We also used a monk, so you can compare with your monk and maybe find out what he's doing differently, Farabee. Here's our logs:

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=6100&e=6504

  18. #38
    Stone Guardians. I completely understand the fight on paper; I've even made up little paper models and "taunted" them back and forth across my desk. But when it comes to actually doing the fight, I am totally lost. I am not good with logic so it's really hard for me to figure out what is going where when I'm in the heat of battle. I'm the MT (prot pally) with our OT being a warrior. I pull two guardians, and he pulls one. We wait for initial Petrification and do our respective taunts. It seems if it's the one guardian by itself, we get screwed. Energy doesn't end up adding up correctly, and we constantly have two (or three) guardians with the same amount, which means we take a "bad" overload. We've pulled this fight close to 30 times now, and the closest we've gotten it is around 35%. It's frustrating to say the least, because I understand it's mainly on me as the main tank, but I just cannot wrap my head around this math/energy gain/taunt thing.

    When it's one of the guardians I'm holding that initially begins to cast Petrify, we seem to do much better. But that one on it's own really messes us up. Do you have any advice dealing specifically with this scenario. And do you have any suggestions that would make this easier on someone who just really doesn't understand how to put this mechanic into practice?

  19. #39
    The trick is to always have the LOWEST energy guardian with the one you want to have blow up next.

    If it's the "solo" one you taunt twice, first taunt one of the two over... Let em gather energy (the one reaching max first is NOT the one petrifying) then when the one that isn't petrifying reaches +- 70% energy the other tank taunts that as you taunt the last statue that should have around 10-20% energy from the pull (with the one petrifying sitting @ around 50-60%).

    The one petrifying blows up, depending on who petrifies next you taunt... If it's the one already stacked, you're fine... If it's not you taunt the one which just blew up (and has the lowest energy).

    Repeat this untill it dies.
    Odeanathus is one of those people who get's a job driving the special bus just to make fun of the disabled kids....

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    The trick is to always have the LOWEST energy guardian with the one you want to have blow up next.

    If it's the "solo" one you taunt twice, first taunt one of the two over... Let em gather energy (the one reaching max first is NOT the one petrifying) then when the one that isn't petrifying reaches +- 70% energy the other tank taunts that as you taunt the last statue that should have around 10-20% energy from the pull (with the one petrifying sitting @ around 50-60%).

    The one petrifying blows up, depending on who petrifies next you taunt... If it's the one already stacked, you're fine... If it's not you taunt the one which just blew up (and has the lowest energy).

    Repeat this untill it dies.
    This is what we were doing. In theory, it makes sense. But in practice, things don't always go so well. They gain energy pretty quickly and somehow we keep ending up with all three at high energy levels. Like between 60 and 90, which means we take two overloads. I've tried running the numbers on paper over and over again, and it's just not making sense to me. At the very bare bones of it: Tank the one Petrifying with the lowest energy guardian. BUT what if the lowest energy guardian is at 80 energy when the Petrifying one blows up? Then, by the time, the next one begins casting Petrification (even with watching for the glow that alerts you), you've got another one ready to explode. This is what is tripping us up. The one not gaining energy will also be around 75 energy so a swap won't fix the problem.

    I guess we just need to keep at it, but the gaps in energy seem to get exponentially smaller as the fight continues, and if you don't get lucky and have the same two guardians overloading next to each other.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •