Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
... LastLast
  1. #81
    High Overlord wartank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    104
    Gara'jal the Spiritbinder:

    I want to ask a question from healers' point of view:

    In spirit world, Does HOT only increase one stack on dps during entire duration or increase one stack on every healing tick?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #82
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by wartank View Post
    Gara'jal the Spiritbinder:

    I want to ask a question from healers' point of view:

    In spirit world, Does HOT only increase one stack on dps during entire duration or increase one stack on every healing tick?

    Thanks in advance!
    Not sure, we just bomb healed with flash/surge etc.
    Hopefully someone can answer that for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  3. #83
    question about the spirit binder boss in MV

    when he stops with the spirit totems at what is it, 20%? does he also stop with banishing? Wonder if it is possible for the other tank to taunt him off me at some point during that time if his CDs are up and mine aren't? I still had the voodoo dolls on me and didn't want to risk shit getting fucked if he taunted (got him down ^^) but just wondering for next try since it would be easier

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    when he stops with the spirit totems at what is it, 20%? does he also stop with banishing? Wonder if it is possible for the other tank to taunt him off me at some point during that time if his CDs are up and mine aren't? I still had the voodoo dolls on me and didn't want to risk shit getting fucked if he taunted (got him down ^^) but just wondering for next try since it would be easier
    It's 25% when he stops spawning totems iirc.

    Banish also stops at this time.

    You cannot taunt when someone has Voodoo dolls, it works as a fixate (we've had fuckups where both tanks got into the realm then one got out instantly and couldnt taunt it off the mage...)
    Odeanathus is one of those people who get's a job driving the special bus just to make fun of the disabled kids....

  5. #85
    Moderator Sonnillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Saku, Estonia
    Posts
    2,761
    Hey Raxxed, me again :P

    A simple question, how reliable is the Shroud of Reversal usage on Feng when he does the Lightning Fists? Is there a point to use it? Or is there certain skills you should focus trying to get?

    After some tries we got the point of understanding how that stealing effect works, but then we at some points didn't have the Fists at all, or well managed to get the wrong skill from Feng. Only time when we reached to P2 was when we just tried to heal through the Epicenter, when the Nullification Barrier was on CD. Although even with a DPS or Tank CD on the raid it still almost killed us.

    Will be giving Feng another go tonight, 3 hours of wipefest incoming :P
    Mari officer/RL/OT of Punished <- RECRUITING
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The curse of the Bear, the only tank whose active mitigation not only has RNG included, but only consists of RNG.


  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Hey Raxxed, me again :P

    A simple question, how reliable is the Shroud of Reversal usage on Feng when he does the Lightning Fists? Is there a point to use it? Or is there certain skills you should focus trying to get?

    After some tries we got the point of understanding how that stealing effect works, but then we at some points didn't have the Fists at all, or well managed to get the wrong skill from Feng. Only time when we reached to P2 was when we just tried to heal through the Epicenter, when the Nullification Barrier was on CD. Although even with a DPS or Tank CD on the raid it still almost killed us.

    Will be giving Feng another go tonight, 3 hours of wipefest incoming :P
    The tank with shroud should use it on the co-tank as soon as he sees lightning fists come off cd.
    Use it on feng when the nullification barrier is off cd to stun him and interrupt it.
    Even so, epicenter is perfectly healable if everyone stands at the range where the damage is least(a number which slips my mind atm), the dmg will seem unhealable but it's very short. Generally it will *almost* kill you, for us everyone would end up at about 30%-50%
    Finh <Vodka>
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

  7. #87
    Both tanks should watch for the lightning fist to start casting, when it does, have the OT channel the ability on the mT, the MT needs to back up a little and move to the side. Lightning fists will rarely hit someone in close melee combat.

  8. #88
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,499
    Those two kind people answered your question, Sonni

    Just a notice for all, I'll be hitting up hardmodes tonight - hopefully get some more oceanic firsts.

    I will be able to divulge information regarding heroics - strategies / tips / etc - probably in the next 24 hours after I've had a chance to see if the strategies that I would be using will still actually work, as things can and will change from beta.

    I will also be answering questions regarding HoF/ToES after they have been released, and as above, have had a chance to test my strategies.

    Thanks to everyone else answering questions in this thread, I'm sure people hugely appreciate it.

    Please note I will not be posting information on bosses whom I have not killed yet. (Mainly regarding hardmodes).
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-10-09 at 09:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  9. #89
    Moderator Sonnillon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Saku, Estonia
    Posts
    2,761
    As far as the OT explained it to me tonight. He did it like so. We took every paired Epicenter w/o the shield. So we did it like so that the tank with the spell reflect buff paid attention in getting the Lightning Fists only after the MT had used the bubble for the Epicenter. The buff you get lasts on you about 15-20 sec so taking it earlier does not have a point. But best time for us, was it to start "looking" and "waiting" for the Fists is after the shielded Epicenter. And an Epicenter can be nicely healed through when the 2 DPS druids use Tranquilities as well if needed.

    1 tank of 3 of our tanks understands the mechanic, 2 others just have to learn it on next goes (we are a 10man group).

    Also he doesn't do Lightning Fists even when it is off CD. He can skip that mechanic completely.

    We got it to 5%, but people where tired and the 24 stacks Flame stuff which we got on several goes was bit too much to deal with and impossible to wait out for the fire not come in P3. Hopefully some time next reset we can get this down ^^ and move on to something else that leave us stomped for first few nights.
    Mari officer/RL/OT of Punished <- RECRUITING
    Moderator of R & D | Open Raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The curse of the Bear, the only tank whose active mitigation not only has RNG included, but only consists of RNG.


  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    As far as the OT explained it to me tonight. He did it like so. We took every paired Epicenter w/o the shield. So we did it like so that the tank with the spell reflect buff paid attention in getting the Lightning Fists only after the MT had used the bubble for the Epicenter. The buff you get lasts on you about 15-20 sec so taking it earlier does not have a point. But best time for us, was it to start "looking" and "waiting" for the Fists is after the shielded Epicenter. And an Epicenter can be nicely healed through when the 2 DPS druids use Tranquilities as well if needed.

    1 tank of 3 of our tanks understands the mechanic, 2 others just have to learn it on next goes (we are a 10man group).

    Also he doesn't do Lightning Fists even when it is off CD. He can skip that mechanic completely.

    We got it to 5%, but people where tired and the 24 stacks Flame stuff which we got on several goes was bit too much to deal with and impossible to wait out for the fire not come in P3. Hopefully some time next reset we can get this down ^^ and move on to something else that leave us stomped for first few nights.
    If you want to transition to phase 3 cleanly so this:

    Look at how many draw flames you are getting in p2. If its 4 then let the first draw flames be unprotected. This means 2 and 4 will be barriered. Barriering 4 means that you enter the 3rd phase with no stacks.

  11. #91
    Consider us bad but we spent ~21 attempts @ Elegon and did not make much progress...
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/sfdgr9az9ulyb5rz/

    First 15 (10 today and 5 on Sunday) attempts we were 3 healing, but after we hit hard enrage at ~30% we decided that this simply will not do.
    We went with the 2 healers approach and even though it seemed doable there were a couple issues that we ARE aware of:
    * the elemental shaman (mainspec resto) apparently does not have a decent set of DPS gear - I do not know about her rotation though...
    * we REPEATEDLY were killing only TWO (yes, that's 2) sets of charges... the biggest culprit in this matter would be probably our Mage - who was fire on this fight... now I got a bit angry after yet another time that his add came to the pillar and asked for respecc to Arcane about 3 attempts before raid end... however after the respecc I learned that he did not have a chance to play Arcane yet in this expansion and that his offspec was frost... well that kinda sealed the deal for the last few attempts as the 2nd set of charges was still laughing at us...

    A few changes we have in place for Thursday - lock will go destro and Rain of Fire (glyphed to 500%) the spawn place, and also do Havoc+Chaos bolt on 2nd and 4th set of adds - thus killing (or almost killing) 2 on his side
    Mage will hopefully be arcane and not need any more help
    Monk DPS will withold Touch of Death for the 4th add (or could he also use it on the 1st one?)

    1 tank will be helping the elemental shaman and the other will be paired with shadow priest

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    Mage will hopefully be arcane and not need any more help
    Do no underestimate Frost when it comes to bursting, our mage is frost and he's by far the best dps we have on the sparks.

    Othern then that obviously your tanks should help out. We had the biggest issue with our Rogue & Shadowpriest who could get bad procs and need more help then normally.
    Odeanathus is one of those people who get's a job driving the special bus just to make fun of the disabled kids....

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Not sure, we just bomb healed with flash/surge etc.
    Hopefully someone can answer that for you.
    According to our resto druid, Regrowth gave the target 2 stacks and Rejuvenation only gave 1. So spamming the fastest cast-time heal is better than spamming instant casts.

    I really liked the fact that after we spent 1,5 nights on Gara'jal, we basically just got a free kill of Spirit Kings. We almost got it the first try, with 3 people dead, but ended up dying because the healers didn't top us off before the mindcontrol. Its a really fun fight, at least with the combos we got(on our kill and all attempts except 1, we had the mindcontrol guy last). I can imagine it being a massive pain if mindcontrol is one of the first to get activated.

  14. #94
    mmm our mage's both DPS and burst when frost was pretty pathethic... will have to follow him up on that since he was more then decent when fire with the only problem of being unable to kill his spark except for the 1st/sometimes 2nd wave...

  15. #95
    On further experience in Feng, I have found it is best to just start channeling Shroud when you see Feng start to cast Fists, his time between Fists coming off cd and him actually using it seems to be variable and half the time ends up copying lightning lash instead.

    So, my bad on that, that's what happens when you talk about a strat that you haven't done yet. :P
    Finh <Vodka>
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

  16. #96
    I havn't gotten inside the raid yet, still in the process of sorting a raid team out, only 10 man, but is MSV punishing on melee, or are they generally acceptable to fill most slots now, rather than needing to limit them?

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    ... the biggest culprit in this matter would be probably our Mage - who was fire on this fight... now I got a bit angry after yet another time that his add came to the pillar and asked for respecc to Arcane about 3 attempts before raid end... however after the respecc I learned that he did not have a chance to play Arcane yet in this expansion and that his offspec was frost... well that kinda sealed the deal for the last few attempts as the 2nd set of charges was still laughing at us...
    Our mage had the same problem (as fire) since the RNG nature of the spec made it difficult to be consistent. Have one of the tanks smack his spark a few times to help out, with their vengeance stacks it should go down quickly. I had to help our mage out as a Prot Pally, throwing an Avengers Shield and a Judgement was usually enough.

  18. #98
    Stood in the Fire h3lladvocate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    幻想郷
    Posts
    466
    Healing question for Elegon last phase.

    So, the damage seems really high, like higher than I'd expect. From the logs, it looks like he was casting Radiating Energies in the last phase (P4?) on the raid every ~.5 seconds for 20k+ a pop. That's a ton of damage, 40k a second... is this correct? How should we combat this, just CD through it constantly and hope he dies before we wipe? We usually get him to around 37% for that phase with 8 stacks on him, can't remember how close we were getting to enrage, 1:20 or so I think. Just seems kinda high, or were we doing somethin completely and horribly wrong?
    <Four Twenty Friendly> - Mythic Raiding - 14/14 M SoO

    Faera - 90 Priest - Non-Disc/Disc PvE

  19. #99
    Brewmaster Raxxed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    Healing question for Elegon last phase.

    So, the damage seems really high, like higher than I'd expect. From the logs, it looks like he was casting Radiating Energies in the last phase (P4?) on the raid every ~.5 seconds for 20k+ a pop. That's a ton of damage, 40k a second... is this correct? How should we combat this, just CD through it constantly and hope he dies before we wipe? We usually get him to around 37% for that phase with 8 stacks on him, can't remember how close we were getting to enrage, 1:20 or so I think. Just seems kinda high, or were we doing somethin completely and horribly wrong?
    Enrage timer looks a little tight but doable. The last phase is just brute force to push through it. Raid cds and healers spending every bit of mana they can.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 08:04 AM ----------

    Stone guards down - Working on feng (Heroic)

    If you have questions on H stone guards, ask away.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 10:53 AM ----------

    Feng heroic down. Ask anything!
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.

  20. #100
    Thanks for the thread. Provided some insightful information

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •