Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ask Anything! MSV 10man Normal + Heroic!

Well as people have probably seen i'm ducking into threads and basically just asking people if they need any help regarding strategies or are hitting a wall on a boss and need a helping hand to PM me and i'll help them out. I'm sure there's more out there I can help, so I thought I might as well make a thread. One size fits all kind of thing.

If you've got any questions - Post them in this thread. Try to be as detailed as possible. Logs are nice - but not necessary. If you're wiping constantly and hitting a brick wall, provide your raid composition.

Hopefully I can help people out.

Don't be shy!

I may take a while to get back to you, or It may be instant. All depends on the time. (Yay for timezone differences..)

Update: Release of MSV Hardmodes
    Update: Release of HoF
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-11-01 at 01:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

5 waves of sparks killed per cycle minimum requirement? We seem to lose it on the 4th wave every time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerai View Post
    5 waves of sparks killed per cycle minimum requirement? We seem to lose it on the 4th wave every time.
    Hiya

Depends on your raids dps in reality, what is the enrage timer you're getting as you're engaging the boss in Phase3? (His health, also)

It's easily killable with 4-4, just needs a little bit better execution, or more dps.

So to answer your question, it's not a requirement, but you really want him to be on AT LEAST 4 stacks on the first one, and 8 stacks on the second one.

Handy tip: If you know you can't kill the wave (usually after he's got 4-5 stacks) Ignore it and burn the boss. You can usually burn him ~5% in the time it takes the sparks to get to the pillars.

We got 5-5 and as soon as we had the 5th stack we ignored sparked and burned until the platform collapsed.

Hopefully that helped!
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Make sure your DPS is balanced and spread out in a way so the tanks and those who have an easy time can help those who struggle the most. If you do those assignments right, and your players arent shit, you should be able to get 5-5 quite easily.

Our logs are trending higher compared to many WoL kills for the first half of the fight, I'm guessing we can kill with 4-4 then with execution in that case. Just need to live that long :P

Thanks for the insight!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi!

We were having trouble in phase 2 of Feng the Accursed on 10-man, we couldn't prevent him from getting 20+ stacks after casting Draw Flame. I'm pretty sure no1 was standing in fires etc.
    We use the barrier on the first draw flame, but at the second draw flame things start going to hell. Healers running oom from the AoE dmg or people dying from the AoE dmg.

Any tips for phase 2 on Feng the Accursed?

Please just explain the mechanics of the second buff on feng. The barrier thingy I get but not the other one. I seem to just cast it on people and nothing happens. I get that they should be hit by an ability. Is that it or is there more to it than that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millen91 View Post
    Hi!

We were having trouble in phase 2 of Feng the Accursed on 10-man, we couldn't prevent him from getting 20+ stacks after casting Draw Flame. I'm pretty sure no1 was standing in fires etc.
    We use the barrier on the first draw flame, but at the second draw flame things start going to hell. Healers running oom from the AoE dmg or people dying from the AoE dmg.
    hi sorry for late reply - went to grab lunch. Im a little confused as to whats happening, youre wiping on the first time he gains stacks from draw flame?

If thats the case your healers realllllly need to up their game. Pop some raid cds if you really need to. Ideally you should have:
    [null]
    [stacks]
    [null]
    Then p3. Giving you a total of 3 draw flame phases. Any mlre than 3 and youre in huge trouble!
    Raxxykins

Hi!

Got the exact same problem. We block the first wave with the sheild, however during Draw Flames number 2 the boss gains 20+ stacks. Im pretty sure no one is standing in the fire or making any major mistakes. Can someone please help me understand the mechanic, what triggers the stacks? During one attempt he only got 11 stacks after a Draw Flame and we used the exact same tactic. Can anyone help us out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Please just explain the mechanics of the second buff on feng. The barrier thingy I get but not the other one. I seem to just cast it on people and nothing happens. I get that they should be hit by an ability. Is that it or is there more to it than that?
    Hello!
    The button is channelled cast. Ie you can easilly interrupt it accidentally. You channel a raid member and the next time they are struck with one of fengs abilities, your button morphs into his ability allowing you to use it.

For example using it on a raid member NOT in the.null zone whilst feng is using epicentre will.give you epicentre. Using it on the tank the stacking lightning/fire/arcane debuff will give you the ability to apply a stack to feng.

Took our OT the whole fight to understand it
    Raxxykins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    hi sorry for late reply - went to grab lunch. Im a little confused as to whats happening, youre wiping on the first time he gains stacks from draw flame?

If thats the case your healers realllllly need to up their game. Pop some raid cds if you really need to. Ideally you should have:
    [null]
    [stacks]
    [null]
    Then p3. Giving you a total of 3 draw flame phases. Any mlre than 3 and youre in huge trouble!
    As Uniqed says, we block the first draw flame with the "Aegis"-spell, the second time he draws flame we're getting 20+ stacks resulting in A LOT of raid damage going out. Is there anyway to reduce the amount of stacks he gets?

I am 99% sure no1 is standing in the flames to make them reproduce or anything. It's a bit sketchy as to how the mechanic works for the flames.

Also, in 10-man, should we pop Hero/BL/TW/AH During Phase 2 or 3? I've read phase 3 but I feel that phase 2 would be more effective.

Deleted
    Spiritbinder - enrage at 24% health. We really don't know what to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    Got the exact same problem. We block the first wave with the sheild, however during Draw Flames number 2 the boss gains 20+ stacks. Im pretty sure no one is standing in the fire or making any major mistakes. Can someone please help me understand the mechanic, what triggers the stacks? During one attempt he only got 11 stacks after a Draw Flame and we used the exact same tactic. Can anyone help us out?
    Hey there.

I'm not 100% sure on what his stacks are based on. I am 99% sure its one of the following. We 2shot the boss o dint get any testing of said.mechanic, just healed through it with very minor healing cooldowns.
    -Players getting hit with fire during draw flame stopping feng from getting stacks from said fire patch[Unlikely]
    -The range. Drop the fire as far away from the boss as possible. See if he sucks it in. I say this because ive seen fire on the ground remaining after a draw flame phase and he didnt get 21 stacks.

Sorry i have no definitive answer, good luck though!

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 12:40 AM ----------

As Uniqed says, we block the first draw flame with the "Aegis"-spell, the second time he draws flame we're getting 20+ stacks resulting in A LOT of raid damage going out. Is there anyway to reduce the amount of stacks he gets?

I am 99% sure no1 is standing in the flames to make them reproduce or anything. It's a bit sketchy as to how the mechanic works for the flames.

Also, in 10-man, should we pop Hero/BL/TW/AH During Phase 2 or 3? I've read phase 3 but I feel that phase 2 would be more effective.
    Hi,my latest reply sums up the fire phase, its unknown to me what causes stacka but im pretty sure its the range. Ideally you should just be able to heal through it. We got 21 stacks on our 2nd attempt (our kill) and popped like.. 1 raid cooldown and breezed through it :-\

We hero'd both attempts in phase 3. Pushing too faat in p2 results in remaining stacks when.you enter p3 (our only wipe was due to this)

Hopefully you find something useful from my replies ^^

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 12:42 AM ----------

Btw.. Sorry about the horrible spelling, spacing and random fullstops. I suck at typing on a phone.

---------- Post added 2012-10-05 at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    Spiritbinder - enrage at 24% health. We really don't know what to do.
    Oh dear, a couple questions;
    -Raid comp?
    -When are you popping hero?
    -How often are you sending.people down?
    -Are you flasked/foodbuffed/potting/prepotting?
    -Any logs?
    Raxxykins

Looking at your logs, it seems that you're 2 healing Elegon? Is that the way to go and how's the aoe damage especially from stage 1 handled?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diend View Post
    Looking at your logs, it seems that you're 2 healing Elegon? Is that the way to go and how's the aoe damage especially from stage 1 handled?
    2healing is certainly the way to go. But I would strongly recommend some sort of additional healing.

We have a boomkin and a shaman, both whom can pop their cds (Ancestral guidance and w/e the druid one is) and top the raid up for its duration. Especially when that scales with the damage buff on the boss, they're so valuable.

Pushing Phase1 with 2 adds - we use our Hpally's aura mastery on the first add explosion and our Ret pally's aura mastery on the second add explosion (Or devotion aura, whatever the new aura mastery is)

We usually didnt drop below ~60ish percent using an aura mastery on both
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Regarding the flame stacks on Feng -

Don't let him draw the flame through the group. I'm not 100% on this, but when we dropped to the sides and not behind the ranged + melee and tanks running out on the Draw Flame cast we got ~13 stacks instead of up to 24 stacks.

Also, be careful with transitioning into P3 with stacks of draw flame on him. If you find that you get the same number of draw flame casts each time then mix up whether you nullify the first or the 2nd.

And lastly, the timing on the first draw flame leads to one stack not being sucked up - which adds to the 2nd cast, so you can make it a little easier by nullifying the 2nd one.

We also had our first attempt on Gara'jal last night. We went with 3 healers (druid, shaman & pally). Tanks: Pally & Monk. DPS: Priest, Lock, Mage, Rogue, Hunter.
    We pulled in total 12 times and still didnt down him. We hit the enrage timer every time @ about 23%.

Our strategy was 2dps and 1 healer taking the spirit totems. The assigned dps was our dotter's either Priest or Lock with mage or another dps not having the debuff.
    The healer in spirit realm would heal up the the dps and himself and one dps will exit as soon as he is fully healed and another one will stay inside killing of the spirits. The healer will exit as soon as the dps and himself is fully healed. Now what i would like to ask here is, is it better to keep spamming the dps i.e. overhealing them....does this increase the buff % they get, or do the 1 dps exit asap? Also does the amount of big heals they get improve the buff e.g. for me as a resto shaman i make use of regrowth spam to quickly heal up dps and myself where a pally has a way more efficient higher healing throughput....or does this not matter?

Also we tried to keep the same dotter go into every spirit link alternating with another healer to maximise the buff, is this the correct strategy.
    Also should we rather go 2 man healing? We did try this but we ran into an issue when both healers got the debuff and coudnt enter the totem....

Any feedback is appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hygeia View Post
    We also had our first attempt on Gara'jal last night. We went with 3 healers (druid, shaman & pally). Tanks: Pally & Monk. DPS: Priest, Lock, Mage, Rogue, Hunter.
    We pulled in total 12 times and still didnt down him. We hit the enrage timer every time @ about 23%.

Our strategy was 2dps and 1 healer taking the spirit totems. The assigned dps was our dotter's either Priest or Lock with mage or another dps not having the debuff.
    The healer in spirit realm would heal up the the dps and himself and one dps will exit as soon as he is fully healed and another one will stay inside killing of the spirits. The healer will exit as soon as the dps and himself is fully healed. Now what i would like to ask here is, is it better to keep spamming the dps i.e. overhealing them....does this increase the buff % they get, or do the 1 dps exit asap? Also does the amount of big heals they get improve the buff e.g. for me as a resto shaman i make use of regrowth spam to quickly heal up dps and myself where a pally has a way more efficient higher healing throughput....or does this not matter?

Also we tried to keep the same dotter go into every spirit link alternating with another healer to maximise the buff, is this the correct strategy.
    Also should we rather go 2 man healing? We did try this but we ran into an issue when both healers got the debuff and coudnt enter the totem....

Any feedback is appreciated
    Every time a dps in the realm recieves a heal they gain a stack

ie the longer you are in the realm spamming heals on your dps, the more stacks they will have.

Don't send dps into the realm who already have stacks, its a waste. You need the stacks to dps the boss down.

3Healing is perfectly viable, we did it and beat enrage by 30+ seconds
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post

Oh dear, a couple questions;
    -Raid comp?
    -When are you popping hero?
    -How often are you sending.people down?
    -Are you flasked/foodbuffed/potting/prepotting?
    -Any logs?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rrx9af58gvcya940/
    We are always sendin 1 healer and 2 DPS down. Also we didn't use any BL.

As per your suggestion, we 2 healed Elegon and it seem to be going pretty well. The problem is during the very last phase, we seem to get obliterated instantly. The amount of adds and the boss aoe is too much for our healers or maybe we're doing something wrong. The 2 questions I have is, for the 2nd stage 1, how many protectors did you get? And what exactly is the way to do the last phase?