Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well it's all about when you taunt, you need to taunt the right guardians at the right time. In all honesty though, having a bad overload isn't a wipe... not with some cooldowns, if you see one coming just yell out "Bad overload in +- 7" and use a few cooldowns...

On our kill we had one, just me taunting the wrong one which caused that but easily survivable.

on guardians is it better to
    A) tank all 3 together in-order to take advantage of cleaves
    or
    B) to use the 1 left 2 right tactic?

Edit Note we are going to start raids next week and im looking for strat advice thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    on guardians is it better to
    A) tank all 3 together in-order to take advantage of cleaves
    or
    B) to use the 1 left 2 right tactic?

Edit Note we are going to start raids next week and im looking for strat advice thank you.
    You need to follow the mechanics properly. Option A will wipe you. Think first week of DS trying to ALL stay out for hour of twilight on ultraxion to maximise dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    You need to follow the mechanics properly. Option A will wipe you. Think first week of DS trying to ALL stay out for hour of twilight on ultraxion to maximise dps.
    What this man said.

If you try to gimp the fight by stacking for cleaves you will swiftly fail

You need to do the fight properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    @Feng
    We kinda brute-forced our way through epicenters I see since we only negated 1st with Nullifying barrier (NB) and used raid CDs on every other one... Now how should it work 'according to the intented way'? The tank with "Spellsteal" should cast it on the other tank (on the one with NB) and the other tank should stay in the shockwave-stun thingy? Now what would that do? How would the NB tank gain the ability? Would it temporarily replace Nullifying Barrier at Extra Button? Would Nullyfing barrier come back once the stun is used?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morghie View Post
    @Feng
    We kinda brute-forced our way through epicenters I see since we only negated 1st with Nullifying barrier (NB) and used raid CDs on every other one... Now how should it work 'according to the intented way'? The tank with "Spellsteal" should cast it on the other tank (on the one with NB) and the other tank should stay in the shockwave-stun thingy? Now what would that do? How would the NB tank gain the ability? Would it temporarily replace Nullifying Barrier at Extra Button? Would Nullyfing barrier come back once the stun is used?

We just healed through it without interrupting it, we didn't feel a need to, our healers didnt struggle in the slightest.

From what I think you 'can' do with the spellstealing is chanell it on someone who is going to get hit with the lightning fists, then when they get struck with the lightning fists, the tank who chanelled the spellsteal will get the lightning fists spell.

Don't quote me on that, though - we didn't need to use it so never tried to.
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Yeah we did not either - I was wondering about that due to mechanics being more unforgiving in heroic... not that I think my team is going to be remotely ready for it on Thursday though :<

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    We just healed through it without interrupting it, we didn't feel a need to, our healers didnt struggle in the slightest.

From what I think you 'can' do with the spellstealing is chanell it on someone who is going to get hit with the lightning fists, then when they get struck with the lightning fists, the tank who chanelled the spellsteal will get the lightning fists spell.

Don't quote me on that, though - we didn't need to use it so never tried to.
    Yeah, thats how you interrupt Epicenter. The way we did that was having the warrior tank actively move to get hit by the stun so the paladin tank was able to spellsteal it and interrupt Epicenter. On our kill we didn't take any Epicenters to the face.

Question about Gara'jal 10man: How do we beat the enrage? He always enrages as we hit P2(not just the P2 enrage, but the 1shotthewholeraid enrage).
    Unfortunately I forgot to WoL our MoP raids so far, and we all know how reliable DPS meters are on fights with multiple "planes". As far as I know most of our DPS was above 50k. Are we just bad at DPSing or is there something we're forgetting? We tried a bunch of different things already:
    BL on the pull
    BL on 40 sec left on Enrage
    Staying in Spirit Realm as long as possible to keep amount of adds down
    Leaving Spirit Realm as soon as the button popped up
    Having some people stay longer than others

I was personally able to clean the whole Spirit Realm the 2nd time I went down by using Nature's Vigil, Incarnation, Celestial Alignment and just DoTing all the adds.
    Raidcomp: Prot warrior(amazing PuG), prot paladin, resto shaman, resto druid, holy(I think she stayed holy for Gara'jal as well, anyway) priest, combat rogue, fury warrior, BM(I think) hunter, fire mage(PuG) and boomkin.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    What setup do you run with?

Do you suggest 2 healing fights? (And if you do, which?)

What healers do you recommend, for both 2 healing and 3 healing?

(Atm, Our setup is Protpala, Tank Druid, Holy Priest, Rdruid, Mage, Hunter, Lock, Fury War - And want to build a solid setup around that )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Yeah, thats how you interrupt Epicenter. The way we did that was having the warrior tank actively move to get hit by the stun so the paladin tank was able to spellsteal it and interrupt Epicenter. On our kill we didn't take any Epicenters to the face.

Question about Gara'jal 10man: How do we beat the enrage? He always enrages as we hit P2(not just the P2 enrage, but the 1shotthewholeraid enrage).
    Unfortunately I forgot to WoL our MoP raids so far, and we all know how reliable DPS meters are on fights with multiple "planes". As far as I know most of our DPS was above 50k. Are we just bad at DPSing or is there something we're forgetting? We tried a bunch of different things already:
    BL on the pull

I was personally able to clean the whole Spirit Realm the 2nd time I went down by using Nature's Vigil, Incarnation, Celestial Alignment and just DoTing all the adds.
    Raidcomp: Prot warrior(amazing PuG), prot paladin, resto shaman, resto druid, holy(I think she stayed holy for Gara'jal as well, anyway) priest, combat rogue, fury warrior, BM(I think) hunter, fire mage(PuG) and boomkin.

The key to Garajal is maximizing your uptime on stacks.

To gain the most stacks efficiently, you need your healer to SPAM heal the people in the spirit realm. Literally, spam your healing surge or your flash heal or your flash or light or your regrowth. Spam it. Every time the dps recieves a heal they get 1 stack.

Don't send people into the realm whom already have stacks. You need the people with the stacks to sit on the boss pulling as much dps as possible before they're called to go back into the realm.

We tried hero when we had our 2 best dps come out of the realm with as high stacks as possible, and that worked out great for us.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 08:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    What setup do you run with?

Do you suggest 2 healing fights? (And if you do, which?)

What healers do you recommend, for both 2 healing and 3 healing?

(Atm, Our setup is Protpala, Tank Druid, Holy Priest, Rdruid, Mage, Hunter, Lock, Fury War - And want to build a solid setup around that )
    Myself?

We 2healed Elegon and Will.

I see no reason to 2heal any other fights, you can 2heal spirit kings if you want - but it's not necessary.

Raidcomp:
    Prot warrior (me)
    Blood DK

Resto Shaman (Ele or Enh offspec for 2heal fights)
    Holy paladin
    Holy priest

Mage
    Hunter
    Rogue
    Ret Paladin
    Boomkin
    Raxxykins

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post

BL on the pull

Ye I've also had issues with this boss, was trying to figure out the best course of action and tried all the things you mentioned. Is there any secret with the vodoo dolls? I noticed sometimes a healer would get the debuff just as he was about to go inside the realm, is there some way around this? I found myself being unable to enter the realm for ages, and at that point I was really low on mana.

I guess the general strategy when inside the realm for me as a holy paladin would be:

-Beacon 1 DPS
    -Spam FoL on the other DPS
    -Get myself up
    -Continue spam healing the other DPS to further increase their "stacks" of the buff?
    -Leave with a few seconds remaining?

We were doing it as a full PuG but had done the first two bosses so it is a decent group, we had to replace a couple we did the first two though.

So ye anymore info on how the voodoo debuff works exactly and the spirit realm would be appreciated.

Hey, how do you deal with the sparks and the sub 50 phase on elegon, half of the time the adds are killing people before the floor comes back up. Also how do you do the sub 50 phase, stack in the middle and ignore stacks? Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Ye I've also had issues with this boss, was trying to figure out the best course of action and tried all the things you mentioned. Is there any secret with the vodoo dolls? I noticed sometimes a healer would get the debuff just as he was about to go inside the realm, is there some way around this? I found myself being unable to enter the realm for ages, and at that point I was really low on mana.

I guess the general strategy when inside the realm for me as a holy paladin would be:

-Beacon 1 DPS
    -Spam FoL on the other DPS
    -Get myself up
    -Continue spam healing the other DPS to further increase their "stacks" of the buff?
    -Leave with a few seconds remaining?

We were doing it as a full PuG but had done the first two bosses so it is a decent group, we had to replace a couple we did the first two though.

So ye anymore info on how the voodoo debuff works exactly and the spirit realm would be appreciated.
    Voodoo dolls = rng. You can have bad luck or you can have good luck.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 08:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PAlsi View Post
    Hey, how do you deal with the sparks and the sub 50 phase on elegon, half of the time the adds are killing people before the floor comes back up. Also how do you do the sub 50 phase, stack in the middle and ignore stacks? Thanks
    Kite the sparks. We have our blood dk with chillblains kiting them. They should never hit anyone - not even your tank. They just hit too hard.
    And yes, stack in the middle and burn - dont reset stack its a waste of dps time
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Voodoo dolls = rng. You can have bad luck or you can have good luck.
    You can obviously prepare your raiders to be ready, the dolls hapen on the "Banish" of the tank. As the raidleader i tend to announce that Banish & Spirit totem line up (are closer then 5-10 seconds) together.

This way the healer which wasn't assigned to go in can adept, other then that it is RNG and should be handeld by simply reacting right.

Kite the sparks. We have our blood dk with chillblains kiting them. They should never hit anyone - not even your tank. They just hit too hard.
    And yes, stack in the middle and burn - dont reset stack its a waste of dps time
    As for the elegon question (i know, i am not the one to speak since i haven't even killed it yet :x) but imo if you pick the right positioning (the one where you jump to reset the stack) the DPS loss should be minimal, especially when you can use instantcasts while jumping for joy.

This said we've had one night of lovely wipes so far and only even touched the burn phase once so my opinion on this matter should not be taken as an authority (it is however how we intend to go into the burnphase when getting back at it tonight).

As for handling sparks i'm struggling with that some myself so i won't comment

So the buff increases with every heal cast on the DPS, and not with the amount of healing? So just spamming the fastest heal would get the most stacks?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Here's our best attempt, and our last one for the night - anything other than too much damage near the end? Any tips? http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a9...=11595&e=12164

on elegon sorry

hey rax, we're going to be attempting elegon tonight. I've seen some strategies where you want to pop hero possibly during the 2nd transition phase to get 5-6 waves, if the grp dps is low. Here's our logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/219913/ Do you think our group dps is good enough to just go with 3 waves and pop hero at sub 50%? Also, what would be a good point to be at going into the last phase health-wise, about 40%?

I'm my guilds Main Tank, however as monk stamina isn't exactly high on the priority.

The question is: How much health should I have as our main tank? How much should I aim for? Any insta-gib like mechanics that I need more health to work around? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    I'm my guilds Main Tank, however as monk stamina isn't exactly high on the priority.

The question is: How much health should I have as our main tank? How much should I aim for? Any insta-gib like mechanics that I need more health to work around? Thanks.
    You only need as much stamina as it takes to make sure you live long enough to get healed.
    For myself I use no stamina gems(Not that there is a lot of sockets on gear now anyway) and gem purely for crit/exp as bear.
    Stone Guard has a significant amount of unavoidable damage so stamina on that fight is quite good; I recommend two stam trinkets.(I used a brewfest one and iron protector talisman.

Feng has no real burst tank damage that is unavoidable. Assuming you do the fight correctly you will never get hit by lightning fists and therefore never take burst damage.

Garajal has that shadow attack jigamahoo but it's effectively just stronger melee attacks seeing as they can be dodged and parried. I recommend avoidance and not stamina.

I can not speak for the rest because I do not have any experience beyond 3/6. I'll leave Rexxed(aka the Pinkie Pie tank) to continue with the rest.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wowza lots of posts. Ill answer them all in roughly a little over an hour when my lecture is over. Nice to see I can help some people!
    Raxxykins