Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is there anything that can buff Opportunity Strike (the skill you get on Will if you dodge everything)?

I used Bloodbath and made sure I was Enraged before using it, but checking our log it didn't increase the damage done. Didn't get to test Avatar or other Flat % increase buffs because the boss died on our first try.

I did notice it was hitting for a little over 500k, so maybe it accounts for debuffs on the boss (ie: Sunder, Physical Vulnerability), so maybe Shattering Throw works? Getting a cast off won't be easy though =(
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Raxxed: Do you think that a (restoration) druid is a must-have for the later heroic bosses since HotW features high DPS during a short period of time? I've read about this in various Gara'jal and Elegon threads and can't believe that we have to use these specs to beat enrage. Thought that as a restoration shaman I would be competitive this tier but it looks like we are beaten out by monks and druids

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 09:08 AM ----------

Regarding Stone Guards, I think the rotation looks like this (in 10men):

Amethyst, Cobalt, Jade (1st EU week)
    Amethyst, Cobalt, Jasper
    Amethyst, Jade, Jasper (1st US week)
    Cobalt, Jade, Jasper

So for this week, we will have Amethyst, Cobalt, Jade for US and Amethyst, Jade, Jasper for EU.
    We're 2/6H and come very close to 3/6H and I don't think a resto druid is needed.
    Our holy priest does like 15k DPS each boss, pally healer basically solo heals majority of it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 06:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drexra View Post
    How does a Brewmaster monk, Protection Warrior, Mistweaver monk, Restoration Shaman, Discipline Priest, Rogue (swaps between combat and assassination), shadow priest, affliction warlock, and two fire mages look?

We had a DK but he went 25 man so our other DPS option was a mage.

Is your DPS on the higher end, or will a bit lower as we acquire gear work? For heroic progression, should we just go boss to boss, or is jumping around optimal?
    Sounds like an extremely strong raid composition.

Our dps isn't fantastic, but that will get better with gear.

I'd suggest just going boss by boss.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Is there anything that can buff Opportunity Strike (the skill you get on Will if you dodge everything)?

I used Bloodbath and made sure I was Enraged before using it, but checking our log it didn't increase the damage done. Didn't get to test Avatar or other Flat % increase buffs because the boss died on our first try.

I did notice it was hitting for a little over 500k, so maybe it accounts for debuffs on the boss (ie: Sunder, Physical Vulnerability), so maybe Shattering Throw works? Getting a cast off won't be easy though =(
    Not sure, i've seen 500k and 520k - nothing in between.

Something is obviously buffing it, but i'm not sure what it is.
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-10-16 at 08:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

So we scrounged up another ranged by having me go Shadow and a melee switch to a healer. How does one effectively deal with the adds at the end of p2 on Elegon? There just seemed to be too many and too much damage going out at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    So we scrounged up another ranged by having me go Shadow and a melee switch to a healer. How does one effectively deal with the adds at the end of p2 on Elegon? There just seemed to be too many and too much damage going out at this point.
    How are you handling your conduits? If it's not handled correctly more adds spawn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post

The gaz that leak in the room buff the strike.
    Last edited by mmoc86e3d9f97d; 2012-10-17 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hygeia View Post
    How are you handling your conduits? If it's not handled correctly more adds spawn
    As in, the faster we clear the conduits the less adds spawn, or is there something else to it?

Deleted
    The easiest way we found to deal with the adds was to kite them from both sides to a single point, raiders should be inside the bubble when it comes back up for the damage buff.

We found it useful to offtank the adds with abilities like army and a shamans elemental. Prot paladins can also aoe stun them every 9 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Hey Rax, I have another question. Is there a way to reliably steal the stun from Feng?
    You can't channel on the tank because you'll get the debuff when it ticks. Our group current does null bar, stun, null barrier though. Right after our null barrier in the mid (we tank him where he gets his weapon) I charge it and have his face the raid (i.e. mid). When he does his lightning fists immediately afterwards we have 1 ranged take the stun and get channel on.

Thanks for the help Rax! Appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by ewemax View Post
    The gaz that leak in the room buff the strike.
    No, if that was the case we'd get 625000 strikes. I'm pretty sure it's the 4% from physical vulnerability.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    You can't channel on the tank because you'll get the debuff when it ticks. Our group current does null bar, stun, null barrier though. Right after our null barrier in the mid (we tank him where he gets his weapon) I charge it and have his face the raid (i.e. mid). When he does his lightning fists immediately afterwards we have 1 ranged take the stun and get channel on.
    Indeed, that is the proper way.
    Although, Stunning him is extremely overrated

Our healers don't even remotely struggle and we just heal through it with a null barrier whenever its up for an epicenter. (Unless It's about to push and I need to save it for P4)

Stealing an epicenter and using it to dps the boss is extremely useful, if you're going to steal anything in that phase, it'd be that.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Raxxed, I just wanted to say thanks for your advice on stealing epicenter rather than stunning him. We were planning on stuns until I read your thoughts. Took us a little over 20 attempts to learn arcane + shield phases and once we did it was a kill. Epicenters are absolutely healable on heroic.

Thanks again!

Not sure if this was discussed already or not but our Mistweaver healer is having some issues doing Single target healing on Gara'jal in the spirit Realm. Unfortunately I don't have any logs to show and from what I've read they're not all that accurate for this fight anyways. Anyone have any tips that I can provide to help heal this?

Aside from that everything seems to go alright, I'm a brewmaster tank and I cycle CD's for the shadow dmg attack(Guard,Dampen harm, Zen meditation, Elusive brew which I try to have up as much as possible). We are attempting to 2 heal this and getting to about the 28% mark with 1 minute left on enrage which is why I don't want to try 3 healing. However would having the MW go fistweaving and kind of dpsing with a third healer be possible?

EDIT: It looks like a possible bug with Surging mists might be a reason for the trouble with healing. Has anyone else noticed Surging mists not healing after going into the spirit realm?
    Last edited by pnfirehawk; 2012-10-18 at 07:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post

Probably the 4% physical damage taken debuff

Garajal problems..
    We have on our roster for 10 man. 1 prot warrior and 1 prot pally. 2 shadow priests one with holy off spec. 1 resto drood with balance off spec. 1 monk dps. 1 ass rogue. surv hunter. fire mage. fury warrior. holy pally. ele/resto shammy and one undergeared lock.
    Our setup we are trying and able to get him with 15% when we have no issue with adds is: Prot war and pally. Rogue hunter mage, ele shammy and shadow priest. Resto drood holy pally and smite priest. Should we change our setup for any of those ppl which we are not bringing.
    Our strategy is manly pop bl as soon fight starts pre pot everything else. pally is the only healer in the beginning drood using the talent to be a moonkin and our priest is dpsing as well.
    Our groups for adds are rogue and Shadow priest/ Mage and Ele shammy. Healers talk between then see who needs mana or have vodoo doll.
    When they get in the other dimension healer get rogue or mage depends on the group full asap so they can get out to dps on the boss while the other dps stay finishing adds. Our healer also stay until the end to put more stacks as possible on this dps which is staying finishing adds. Should our healer just get him full life also and get out?
    Also even our tanks (one is me pally) using cds during vodoo doll sometimes one dps die specially when Im tanking, when warrior is tanking Im using HoP, Sacrifice in people on the raid.
    Any advice ab raid comp we should be using, and also how to deal faster with adds? Anything we doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ronaro View Post
    Garajal problems..
    We have on our roster for 10 man. 1 prot warrior and 1 prot pally. 2 shadow priests one with holy off spec. 1 resto drood with balance off spec. 1 monk dps. 1 ass rogue. surv hunter. fire mage. fury warrior. holy pally. ele/resto shammy and one undergeared lock.
    Our setup we are trying and able to get him with 15% when we have no issue with adds is: Prot war and pally. Rogue hunter mage, ele shammy and shadow priest. Resto drood holy pally and smite priest. Should we change our setup for any of those ppl which we are not bringing.
    Our strategy is manly pop bl as soon fight starts pre pot everything else. pally is the only healer in the beginning drood using the talent to be a moonkin and our priest is dpsing as well.
    Our groups for adds are rogue and Shadow priest/ Mage and Ele shammy. Healers talk between then see who needs mana or have vodoo doll.
    When they get in the other dimension healer get rogue or mage depends on the group full asap so they can get out to dps on the boss while the other dps stay finishing adds. Our healer also stay until the end to put more stacks as possible on this dps which is staying finishing adds. Should our healer just get him full life also and get out?
    Also even our tanks (one is me pally) using cds during vodoo doll sometimes one dps die specially when Im tanking, when warrior is tanking Im using HoP, Sacrifice in people on the raid.
    Any advice ab raid comp we should be using, and also how to deal faster with adds? Anything we doing wrong?
    Get the clemency talent, you can HoP yourself twice and bubble once in the fight to mitigate damage this way. The boss fixates so you can't lose aggro. It's a dps loss but I guess it beats dps dieing :P HoP still lets shadowy attacks thru but you take no melee damage. Use all of these and you take massively reduced damage for 6-8% of the fight. Also, if you HoP yourself you can still holywrath and consecrate so you still so some damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    The easiest way we found to deal with the adds was to kite them from both sides to a single point, raiders should be inside the bubble when it comes back up for the damage buff.

We found it useful to offtank the adds with abilities like army and a shamans elemental. Prot paladins can also aoe stun them every 9 seconds.
    It's late, I'm tired, what talent allows this? I'm assuming holy wrath? If so I'm assuming you glyph it to stun elementals? If thats the case I feel like an idiot :s

1 shot elegon this week, threw some attempts at will. We're running 3 melee. Any tips? It just feels like melee are a complete hindrance on the raid as failing the dance once = healer mana wasted and range would of already been more efficient. i'm really thinking 3 melee is going to make it extremely hard for no reason because if we don't play perfect a range would of already outplayed us :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post
    1 shot elegon this week, threw some attempts at will. We're running 3 melee. Any tips? It just feels like melee are a complete hindrance on the raid as failing the dance once = healer mana wasted and range would of already been more efficient. i'm really thinking 3 melee is going to make it extremely hard for no reason because if we don't play perfect a range would of already outplayed us :/
    Well, so far we've run with one melee on Will but tbh i see no direct reason why two or three can't work. We have our Melee handle the Strength (i believe that's the name of the stun one). If i'd bring three melees i'd pretty much put one on the strength as top prio (so it doesn't run to the raid and try to stun my precious healers & range) The other melee should DPS FixatingSlowingAsshole > Strength > Rage. It's alot of movement for your melee, but keeping them on the boss for large periods of time is just asking for adds to run you over.

Also you really shouldn't be getting hit by the "dance". As a tank i get pissed of at myself if i even get one stack during the entire encounter (got one last week because the fixating cunt wasn't slowed/killed on time >.<). It's super easy to avoid and as such should be avoided.

As a raidleader i tend to go for "control" over "high numbers" so i'd put the melee on the shit jobs as controlling the adds for the majority (your ranged/healers will love you for it aswell). If you can pull it off you can obviously place 1/3 Melees (your best dancer i'd say) on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeanathus View Post
    Well, so far we've run with one melee on Will but tbh i see no direct reason why two or three can't work. We have our Melee handle the Strength (i believe that's the name of the stun one). If i'd bring three melees i'd pretty much put one on the strength as top prio (so it doesn't run to the raid and try to stun my precious healers & range) The other melee should DPS FixatingSlowingAsshole > Strength > Rage. It's alot of movement for your melee, but keeping them on the boss for large periods of time is just asking for adds to run you over.

Also you really shouldn't be getting hit by the "dance". As a tank i get pissed of at myself if i even get one stack during the entire encounter (got one last week because the fixating cunt wasn't slowed/killed on time >.<). It's super easy to avoid and as such should be avoided.

As a raidleader i tend to go for "control" over "high numbers" so i'd put the melee on the shit jobs as controlling the adds for the majority (your ranged/healers will love you for it aswell). If you can pull it off you can obviously place 1/3 Melees (your best dancer i'd say) on the boss.
    Thanks, we already had the idea to put the ret + righteous fury on the strengths and it was working well. I would guess we should put another dps on the adds(dk with chillbrains for easy mode slows?) and the other DK on the boss if they can manage dancing. On our attempts to just learn the fight for the first time the tanks always died during the gas phase. Our main tank healer just couldn't keep up with healing the tank and was oom always near the gas phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post
    On our attempts to just learn the fight for the first time the tanks always died during the gas phase. Our main tank healer just couldn't keep up with healing the tank and was oom always near the gas phase.
    If tanks get stacks, they should be vocal (from not dancing).

At every gas phase, they should pop cooldowns, like Shieldwall which is up for EVERY single gasphase. (Mind you, during the devastating blows there is 0 damage on tanks (the dot which does little) but during the melee bits they do hit like trucks.)

As for what melee to put where, in general something that can slow/control adds is always nice. If you have enough DPS on adds to keep one melee on the boss fulltime is something you'll have to find out.