Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Funnily enough that's what we were wiping to, hah.

We just brute forced through it, popped a heck of a lot of cooldowns running over, health stones, double rallying etc etc.
    As you said, the second one is easy - the first one is pretty tough on the healers.
    3healing would probably lead to a very early enrage, and I would not advise it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 08:30 PM ----------

Hellooooooooooooo

Vizier was 1tank 3heal. We could've 2healed, but decided against it
    Blade Lord was 2tank 2heal.
    Garalon was 2tank 2heal

Setup:
    Prot Warrior
    Prot Paladin(For Blade lord/Gara)
    Resto Druid(Boomkin for Gara, not in for Blade lord)
    Mistweaver Monk
    Ele Shaman(Not in for Gara)
    Holy Pally
    Fury Warrior
    Affli Lock
    Fire Mage
    BM Hunter
    Shadow Priest

We used a rotation of 4, 25-25-20-20
    We killed the first 2 bosses in HoF really easy, was actually kinda surprised tbh. 2 healed both fights even.

Then we went back to MVP and finally nailed Heroic Gara'jal after 80 attempts lol. Anyways, here's the thing.

We can't really decided, whether to go for Heroic Elegon or normal Garalon next. From what we've seen from streams and heard from US players, Garalon seems to be really nasty in terms of dmg to the raid. And seeing it's a whole new encounter, might it be worth it going for Heroic Elegon in stead?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well yea give or take few , I'd say around 20 is the way to go.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

tooting my own horn here - but using these you can see that in 25m 20 stacks is a perfectly reasonable amount of average raid damage. 15 stacks is slightly less average damage but requires more kiters. I love fights that make you balance mechanics

What I'm curious about is how a healer kiting in 10m will work due to range issues.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Elegon , strategy wise isn't much different compared to normal mode. Depends how your raid in general is performing on that fight , you might as well go for him.

Garalon as well , in terms of mechanics, wasn't really complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    We can't really decided, whether to go for Heroic Elegon or normal Garalon next.
    H Elegon gives better loot, N Garalon is required for gating into terrace, its kind of a tossup. that said, its being reported that garalon's enrage was hotfix increased by 1 minute.. so go garalon ;P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    tooting my own horn here - but using these you can see that in 25m 20 stacks is a perfectly reasonable amount of average raid damage. 15 stacks is slightly less average damage but requires more kiters. I love fights that make you balance mechanics

What I'm curious about is how a healer kiting in 10m will work due to range issues.
    It's not only more kiters it' more crashes as well mate. So it's trade of : more raid wide dmg via higher debuff stacks compared to Crash dmg.

Our resto druid did just fine kiting vise , he just switched to healing himself and tanks for when he's kiting and other healer covered the rest.
    We still didn't kill it , didn't have to many pulls on it since we did some HM's in MsV for extra gear , but so far it's looking good. Our best attempts were ~40% with timer on enrage being really edgy... will replace one dps'r tomorrow and hopefully get us a kill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    Heroic Elegon , strategy wise isn't much different compared to normal mode. Depends how your raid in general is performing on that fight , you might as well go for him.

Garalon as well , in terms of mechanics, wasn't really complicated.
    Well if the mechanics aren't hard, I wonder why 6/6 Heroic guilds spend hours wiping on Normal Garalon. Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, it's just that from what we've seen and heard so far, Garalon seems to be a lot harder than Normal mode bosses usually are.

I know that HoF is the gating to Terrace but there's still time and I don't think we'd be going into Terrace straight away anyways. Reason being, that we'd probably prefer nailing some more Heroic kills first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies but we already killed them LOL. Didn't have time to check earlier.
    We felt that Vizier was much more comfortable with three healers for us to deal with massive aoe dmg, and we just left three healers in for Blade lord also which we killed within few pulls (defo gonna 2 man heal it next week ).

Did few pulls on Garalon itself , and we were switching exactly like you wrote (figured less stacks using 4 ppl in rotation wouldn't work out well ).
    We will see tomorrow if we can beat the enrage, so far it looks promising.
    Garalon got nerfed, 7 minute enrage now.

It will be slaughtered by every guild and their mothers :P

Still feels good to beat it by 23 seconds pre nerf!!!

edit: pre nerf not post nerf. derp derp
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-11-01 at 12:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

How did you do Heroic Will of the Emperor Raxxed?

Deleted
    Garalon got nerfed, 7 minute enrage now.

It will be slaughtered by every guild and their mothers :P
    Is this for 10 or 25 man?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if the mechanics aren't hard, I wonder why 6/6 Heroic guilds spend hours wiping on Normal Garalon. Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, it's just that from what we've seen and heard so far, Garalon seems to be a lot harder than Normal mode bosses usually are.

I know that HoF is the gating to Terrace but there's still time and I don't think we'd be going into Terrace straight away anyways. Reason being, that we'd probably prefer nailing some more Heroic kills first.
    I'd say H MSV > HoF

We're just doing HoF to gear some of the newer members before we clear through H MSV.

Should finish it off tonight

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 12:13 AM ----------

Is this for 10 or 25 man?
    Both!

/10chars

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 12:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vegiisan View Post
    I didn't O_o where did I say that I did?
    I'm 4/6H - did I make a typo somewhere?
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by vegiisan View Post
    lold

10char

Deleted
    I'd say H MSV > HoF

We're just doing HoF to gear some of the newer members before we clear through H MSV.

Should finish it off tonight

---------- Post added 2012-11-01 at 12:13 AM ----------

Both!

/10chars
    Hmm okay. That's what we're leaning towards ourselves as well. But about the enrage timer on Garalon, do you know what it is for 10 man?

Edit: I didn't see your reply to the enrage timer, until after I posted. But thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm okay. That's what we're leaning towards ourselves as well. But about the enrage timer on Garalon, do you know what it is for 10 man?

Edit: I didn't see your reply to the enrage timer, until after I posted. But thank you
    7 Minutes for garalon now on both sizes
    Raxxykins

15+ Year Old Account

Mechanics aren't hard , it was massive raid wide dmg that you need to deal with , while being able to beat the enrage timer...

By reducing amount of healers to do so , ye it was very hard to heal trough. Mechanics vise -it's simple as the fight can be.

Deleted
    Mechanics aren't hard , it was massive raid wide dmg that you need to deal with , while being able to beat the enrage timer...

By reducing amount of healers to do so , ye it was very hard to heal trough. Mechanics vise -it's simple as the fight can be.
    Ah okay. Hmm, have you killed Heroic Elegon? I'm asking cause I'm interested in the difference in difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah okay. Hmm, have you killed Heroic Elegon? I'm asking cause I'm interested in the difference in difficulty.
    Garalon post 7min nerf is a bajillion times easier than H Elegon
    Even pre nerf, I would say about the same difficulty
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Garalon post 7min nerf is a bajillion times easier than H Elegon
    Even pre nerf, I would say about the same difficulty
    Hmm sounds like we should be able to kill them both this reset then

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm sounds like we should be able to kill them both this reset then
    Good luck
    Raxxykins

It's not only more kiters it' more crashes as well mate. So it's trade of : more raid wide dmg via higher debuff stacks compared to Crash dmg.

Our resto druid did just fine kiting vise , he just switched to healing himself and tanks for when he's kiting and other healer covered the rest.
    We still didn't kill it , didn't have to many pulls on it since we did some HM's in MsV for extra gear , but so far it's looking good. Our best attempts were ~40% with timer on enrage being really edgy... will replace one dps'r tomorrow and hopefully get us a kill.
    the graphs take (unmitigated) crash damage into account as well as (unmitigated) debuff stacks

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 08:52 PM ----------

I watched every minute of Exodus' Garalon attempts and in my opinion about 75% of their problems were due to bad strategy or bad play. They had MANY wipes to people touching the *giant, ultra-slow* purple circle. They only seemed to have a few people who were at all familiar with how the mechanics would work. It was great to watch for me because it represented the learning curve that I expect my guild to follow, but honestly was not the performance I would expect of a 6/6H MSV guild.

To be fair, a LOT of them were on alts, asking people what abilities to use and stuff each attempt haha

What was surprising though was that after they finally ironed out the strategy (something like 5 hours of attempts in) they found themselves wiping to enrage.
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2012-11-01 at 12:54 AM.